EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 43 44 >>
Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Post #156822 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Hiuru posted: (6th Aug 2012, 04:41 am)

Nerah posted: (6th Aug 2012, 04:37 am)

Hiuru posted: (6th Aug 2012, 04:24 am)

Mattâ„¢ posted: (6th Aug 2012, 01:15 am)

hey, i just stumbled on this on google, it might help you out:

Am i the only one that noticed the plants are exactly the same...and that water to grass border is the same thing he has as the bunny hop thing magig.....and the flowers.....wdf man. Don't take others work as your own..... -1
To be honest that where your Wrong, The tall Grass and Bunny Hop are in deed Different and the water, everything was based off of the Following Image:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/Pokemon_FRLG_Tilesetrips.png
But i guess a Few Similarities can be found considering Pokemon sprites use few color 3-5 and when mimicking styles its the same it very plausible that you will see many Similarities.
But im not here to argue, its a matter of Faith and Belief.
Well im heading to bed. Good Night.

And about the Bricks and Roof they were not finished..it was just a mock up ill try and clean it up.

Lolwhat...so it makes it better for you to take graphics from there and say you made them? The flowers and plants are exactly the same. And this is not mimicking, this is barely editing other's work. 

No matter what i say i wont get the message through to you..But i honestly drew everything wither or not i was looking at a reference pic.
---
Things and stuff go here I guess.
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156823 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

Yeah, and you managed to get the same colors, the same outline, and the exact same idea. Right

---
申し訳ありません~~
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156824 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

One moment and i will show you...Pokemons style is yet again"Simplistic" 

Edit:

Don't Get me wrong they are ridiculously similar but there still so different.

And i see you mention the same colors..These are right from the Original Pokemon Tilesets..

Okay well i actually have to head to bed i have work tomorrow.. Good Night I hope i cleared it up and if you have anymore problems please just PM me About it.. Ill add Credit where it isnt really do..

---
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156829 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

So it looks like he did make them :3

12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156830 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

U just said you used this , http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/Pokemon_FRLG_Tilesetrips.png , as ur reference....

First of all, the flowers are exactly the same as "yours".

Second of all...That dirty border is exactly the same but for a thicker outline on the top, and it's funny how you didn't even post these references until Matt posted that picture...Again give credit when its needed. 

EDIT: Also..if you used http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/Pokemon_FRLG_Tilesetrips.png as ur reference...how in the hell do the tall grass sprite look exactly the same as this guy's? Yeah, let's just change the outline of things and the shading by a pixel or two and call it ours! yeah!

---
申し訳ありません~~
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156831 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Hiuru posted: (6th Aug 2012, 04:57 am)

U just said you used this , http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/Pokemon_FRLG_Tilesetrips.png , as ur reference....

First of all, the flowers are exactly the same as "yours".

Second of all...That dirty border is exactly the same but for a thicker outline on the top, and it's funny how you didn't even post these references until Matt posted that picture...Again give credit when its needed. 

EDIT: Also..if you used http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/Pokemon_FRLG_Tilesetrips.png as ur reference...how in the hell do the tall grass sprite look exactly the same as this guy's? Yeah, let's just change the outline of things and the shading by a pixel or two and call it ours! yeah!

didn't Post because i didn't find it Necessary when both of the Creators did not ask for Permission..
Edit: Is it necessary to argue..what do you want me to do now? i put credit to where it is due, like i said if you want to argue or talk about this more then it needs to be just PMME.. ill read it in the morning.
---
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156833 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

That doesn't cut it. Saying you made something when you only made 5% of it, since you did edit the outline (so much skill to do that...), is still wrong. 

EDIT: And nah, this is something that people do everyday and being an artist is something i cannot tolerate. And nah, I'm not arguying...there's nothing to argue :P I was just...proving something that grinds my gears.

---
申し訳ありません~~
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156835 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Hiuru posted: (6th Aug 2012, 05:03 am)

That doesn't cut it. Saying you made something when you only made 5% of it, since you did edit the outline (so much skill to do that...), is still wrong. 

EDIT: And nah, this is something that people do everyday and being an artist is something i cannot tolerate. And nah, I'm not arguying...there's nothing to argue :P I was just...proving something that grinds my gears.

Again, What shall i do o so great one? What do you want me to do redo every sprite that wasn't completely mine?
Edit:Then I apologize, and from now on will make sure i am very clear and descriptive on how i credit.
Good Night, Hiuru
---
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156836 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (6th Aug 2012, 05:04 am)

Again, What shall i do o so great one? What do you want me to do redo every sprite that wasn't completely mine?

Yea, that could be a start. Or simply giving credit to them would be nice. 

And it's not "Legacy0 for Reference, Hoeloe for Reference"...it should be "Legacy0 for Tall Grass, and HoeLoe for releasing the pokemon flower"

Anyways...i should get back to my movie.
---
申し訳ありません~~
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156837 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Hiuru posted: (6th Aug 2012, 05:06 am)

Nerah posted: (6th Aug 2012, 05:04 am)

Yea, that could be a start. Or simply giving credit to them would be nice. 

And it's not "Legacy0 for Reference, Hoeloe for Reference"...it should be "Legacy0 for Tall Grass, and HoeLoe for releasing the pokemon flower"

Anyways...i should get back to my movie.
I will change that now, and Enjoy your movie.
---
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156842 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

Hey Hipster Hiuru why don't you just leave this thread? Your attempts of making him look like a fool are at best slightly funny. An your right he might not of came up with the "style/idea/art" by himself since its POKEMON he's keeping to the original look and feel, he still had to re-do everything iso. So he did 100% of the work, yes he copied the look/style and used the reference to a extreme but the point is he's turning it into iso(isometric I assume your stupid and can't understand short hand also linked you to what it means.). 

I assume your going to make some snide remark at me for posting this, which if you do expect .
---
ಠ_ರೃ You assholes dont want to fight my penis, herpes on my dick cuz I look like Jesus.
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156845 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

I honestly didn't even notice they are the same when I posted, but yeah.

The shrub is pretty obvious, but you at least changed the outline of the flower.

---
420Иﻜ0o
"The Lord is a shoving leopard."
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156847 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Mattâ„¢ posted: (6th Aug 2012, 06:37 am)

The flower is exactly the same as the other reference, not trying to seem like a hardass, or complain or anything.

12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156849 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
MitchV2 posted: (6th Aug 2012, 06:54 am)

Mattâ„¢ posted: (6th Aug 2012, 06:37 am)

The shrub is pretty obvious, but you at least changed the outline of the flower.

That's because that flower is similar to this one 

That's because that flower is similar to this one
He might have just shrunk it down with a tool!

The shrub is what annoys me though.
---
420Иﻜ0o
"The Lord is a shoving leopard."
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156870 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

wow omg great work +1

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 43 44 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)