EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43 44 >>
Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Post #161313 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 11:04 pm)

stava posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 10:59 pm)

I like the project, I like the way it's going

but there's some flaws

• Player sprite is larger than the tree
  • The tree is also small compared to the chair
  •  if you end this fence or whatever it is with your original tiles it would have a hole, you can fill the hole and it won't make a difference, the next tile should overlay it
  • The way dirt and grass connect should be more natural, atm the dirt cuts straight trough the grass..
  • ^- Same for the dark/light grass connection
  • Don't forget to add shadows later on under the objects :)
  • Player sprite has really realistic shading/coloring and doesn't match the background style..
I don't really see why that red carpet/grass connection is like that.. why is red carpet outlined from all the sides, it's not gonna tile like that..
 what is it supposed to be? if it's supposed to be a small rug why not make it a object? :P

Thanks Stava, Glad you like it and looks like i got some work to do, i will work on fixing all the tiles and the carpet is an object it just added in there for the showcase.
And your right the player does need to be more simplistic to go with the style, maybe a whole new character model.(But when i get time after fixing all the small things that will add up :D)
Also the trees have been changed in the latest video.(There now taller then the player, but if i change the player he will be smaller.)
But here is a Screenshot:

Thanks Stava for honest critique :D
-Nerah

Epic. :D
Awesome work, Divine. :p

---
Rest in peace. <3
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161314 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
stava posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 11:16 pm)

that looks awesome +1

Thanks Man, i appreciate it but it couldn't of been done with out the help from the people of EoServ :D
Glad you like it and i fixed the Bunny jumps, the reason for the one pixel error is because the bunny jump should go lower(filling in the error)
Will fix all this up for the next update, Going to just make my own sprites for the Player
-Nerah

---
Things and stuff go here I guess.
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161340 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

The GUI is amazing! Altho the level of your pokemon would be cool to see in there card :D

---
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161352 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Standard posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 11:59 pm)

The GUI is amazing! Altho the level of your pokemon would be cool to see in there card :D

You already can. If you look closely, it says "Lv:69" on the left hand side. :)
---
Rest in peace. <3
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161355 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Thanks for clearing it up, im goin to finish watch "Oh Sit"(Show like Wipeout)

and then ill work on my new player model

-Nerah

---
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161356 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (24th Aug 2012, 12:26 am)

Thanks for clearing it up, im goin to finish watch "Oh Sit"(Show like Wipeout)

and then ill work on my new player model

-Nerah

You're welcome.
Awesome, can't wait to see it. :)
---
Rest in peace. <3
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161362 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

but there's some flaws

•  if you end this fence or whatever it is with your original tiles it would have a hole, you can fill the hole and it won't make a difference, the next tile should overlay it
  • The way dirt and grass connect should be more natural, atm the dirt cuts straight trough the grass..
  • Player sprite has really realistic shading/coloring and doesn't match the background style..
I don't really see why that red carpet/grass connection is like that.. why is red carpet outlined from all the sides, it's not gonna tile like that..
 what is it supposed to be? if it's supposed to be a small rug why not make it a object? :P

Thanks Stava, Glad you like it and looks like i got some work to do, i will work on fixing all the tiles and the carpet is an object it just added in there for the showcase.
And your right the player does need to be more simplistic to go with the style, maybe a whole new character model.(But when i get time after fixing all the small things that will add up :D)
Also the trees have been changed in the latest video.(There now taller then the player, but if i change the player he will be smaller.)

-Nerah

I noticed that all your pokemon are the same level. They still level up individually depending on how often you use them in battle, right?
Also, is the bar under the pokemon it's "TNL" ?

Random thought, will you ever have to feed or rest your pokemon? :P

Another random thought, you should make some maps have themes so that certain pokemon types have a boost, like Geodude would get a stat bonus fighting on a rocky map or whatever.. lol
---
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein

Owner of the original Culio PK - PK Worldz
12 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #161364 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Ramy posted: (24th Aug 2012, 12:55 am)

but there's some flaws

-Nerah

I noticed that all your pokemon are the same level. They still level up individually depending on how often you use them in battle, right?
The GUI clearly isn't finished, the levels shown are just examples. :)
---
Rest in peace. <3
12 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #161366 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Elaya posted: (24th Aug 2012, 12:58 am)

Ramy posted: (24th Aug 2012, 12:55 am)

but there's some flaws

-Nerah

The GUI clearly isn't finished, the levels shown are just examples. :)

I know it's not finished, but seeing that all the levels were the same the question popped into my head ._.
---
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its

12 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #161367 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

WHYYY!?

---
Support Horrible Subs!
http://horriblesubs.info/
12 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #161369 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

@divine, Icwutyoudidthere

@nerah, a suggestion, i would unify your light source or else your shadows are all over the place. Your chair has a light source behind it while the fence has one in front of it and etc.

---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
12 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #161370 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Also, is the bar under the pokemon it's "TNL" ?
Random levels right now cause its just for show.
Yes it represents TNL or EXP

Random thought, will you ever have to feed or rest your pokemon? :P
No.

Another random thought, you should make some maps have themes so that certain pokemon types have a boost, like Geodude would get a stat bonus fighting on a rocky map or whatever.. lol
I like this idea so we ill see how it goes.

@nerah, a suggestion, i would unify your light source or else your shadows are all over the place. Your chair has a light source behind it while the fence has one in front of it and etc. 
Wild, Thanks for the suggestion, this is because after i created every base sprite i then flipped them for the opposite angle, so i will have to go back and edit the flipped versions. :/(My laziness )

Elaya, again you fill my absence:D Love it! <3
-Nerah
PS working on the player sprite now.
---
12 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #161371 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

omg he likes my ideas <3

---

12 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #161373 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (24th Aug 2012, 01:06 am)

Elaya, again you fill my absence:D Love it! <3
-Nerah
PS working on the player sprite now.

Lol, I'm only doing my job. :p <3
Again, can't wait. :)
---
Rest in peace. <3
12 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #161374 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Yes, Ramy i love your ideas :D<3

and Me to Elaya!<3 :D

Wild i edited my above post with the reason why the light sources are all over :)

-Nerah

---
12 years, 5 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43 44 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)