EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 43 44 >>
Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Post #161175 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Fallen Angels posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 02:55 pm)

Offtopic: Girlfriend's o.O

Yeah....? o_O
---
Eat shit, bro.

I support Ephixa [http://ephixa.com/]. Fuck Skrillex, Sonny Moore is no more.
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161177 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Divine posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 03:11 pm)

Yeah....? o_O

I only have 1 Girlfriend...
More than 1 is not normal or?!
All other Girls are Friends or not?^^
---
We are Born to Die!
-----
EOSERV CLass: Mapping Artist, Server Owner, Quest Author, Attention Whore
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161179 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Fallen Angels posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 03:13 pm)

Divine posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 03:11 pm)

Yeah....? o_O

I only have 1 Girlfriend...
More than 1 is not normal or?!
All other Girls are Friends or not?^^

Girlfriend's... the apostrophe before the s shows possesion, because i'm going to HER house...? Go back to school dude.
---
Eat shit, bro.

I support Ephixa [http://ephixa.com/]. Fuck Skrillex, Sonny Moore is no more.
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161182 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Fallen  get back on topic.

Have fun Divine

Anyways i will have a new video when divine finishes the GUI and i add it in also next update will be all of pallet towns completion and the gui will be working correctly

(Release Date of the update video: could take 3-4 days to get everything working)

thanks nerah

---
Things and stuff go here I guess.
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161190 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

the progress looks good, although like mentioned before and i'm sure you were planning on doing it, you should allign some stuff better, other then that the way you handle the character walking doesn't look right in my opinion and i would recode that all, if you need any help with that i could help you since i've worked the last year alot with game clients in coded c++.

---
opensource isometric game engine ~ www.avac-engine.blogspot.com
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161193 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Ya Clives a fucken good coder :3

12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161198 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
clive posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 03:55 pm)

the progress looks good, although like mentioned before and i'm sure you were planning on doing it, you should allign some stuff better, other then that the way you handle the character walking doesn't look right in my opinion and i would recode that all, if you need any help with that i could help you since i've worked the last year alot with game clients in coded c++.

Thanks but no thanks, the game is not coded in C++ or C+, its in GML (GameMaker's Natural Language). if it was in C++ i would ask for help, and honestly everything is aligned perfectly..and i like the walking animation, it is off a pixel or two cause in the animator i just centered the sprites.
I love the suggestions though and i will try and clean it up later on :D
Thanks Clive, and if you know GML or would like to learn let me know and maybe you then can be of assistance .
-Nerah
---
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161235 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 04:14 pm)

Thanks but no thanks, the game is not coded in C++ or C+, its in GML (GameMaker's Natural Language). if it was in C++ i would ask for help, and honestly everything is aligned perfectly..and i like the walking animation, it is off a pixel or two cause in the animator i just centered the sprites.
Thanks Clive, and if you know GML or would like to learn let me know and maybe you then can be of assistance .
-Nerah

with the allignment i mainly meant the text input boxes, other then that i'm not sure how you are handling the walking but in my opinion i like the way how EO does it here's an example of how my client handles it (same like how eo does it since it's an EOremake) very old video. anyway i'm not known with GML but if you ever need help with the walking you can ask me since it's has more to do with the way it's handled then with the language it's coded in. other then that if keep up the progress, it's looking good so far.

---
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161246 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
clive posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 06:32 pm)

Nerah posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 04:14 pm)

-Nerah

with the allignment i mainly meant the text input boxes, other then that i'm not sure how you are handling the walking but in my opinion i like the way how EO does it here's an example of how my client handles it (same like how eo does it since it's an EOremake) very old video. anyway i'm not known with GML but if you ever need help with the walking you can ask me since it's has more to do with the way it's handled then with the language it's coded in. other then that if keep up the progress, it's looking good so far.

Thanks Clive, ill pm you the Movement script and ill try and elaborate on what each thing does. I have a feeling you want the walk to snap to grid instead of free based movement?
---
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161258 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Well that would look the best in my opinion with this type of sprite. but hey, it's ur game maybe i'm wrong and you can make it look way better with free movement :P, it's just an idea :).

---
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161278 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
clive posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 08:25 pm)

Well that would look the best in my opinion with this type of sprite. but hey, it's ur game maybe i'm wrong and you can make it look way better with free movement :P, it's just an idea :).

Sent you the Script.

Also will be adding some new Screenshots on here soon :D
(Changed the Screen Resolution to 900x650 same or equal to the size of Divine's GUI)
---
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161293 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

I like the project, I like the way it's going

but there's some flaws

• Player sprite is larger than the tree
  • The tree is also small compared to the chair
  •  if you end this fence or whatever it is with your original tiles it would have a hole, you can fill the hole and it won't make a difference, the next tile should overlay it
  • The way dirt and grass connect should be more natural, atm the dirt cuts straight trough the grass..
  • ^- Same for the dark/light grass connection
  • Don't forget to add shadows later on under the objects :)
  • Player sprite has really realistic shading/coloring and doesn't match the background style..
I don't really see why that red carpet/grass connection is like that.. why is red carpet outlined from all the sides, it's not gonna tile like that..
 what is it supposed to be? if it's supposed to be a small rug why not make it a object? :P

12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161299 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
stava posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 10:59 pm)

but there's some flaws

•  if you end this fence or whatever it is with your original tiles it would have a hole, you can fill the hole and it won't make a difference, the next tile should overlay it
  • The way dirt and grass connect should be more natural, atm the dirt cuts straight trough the grass..
  • Player sprite has really realistic shading/coloring and doesn't match the background style..
I don't really see why that red carpet/grass connection is like that.. why is red carpet outlined from all the sides, it's not gonna tile like that..
 what is it supposed to be? if it's supposed to be a small rug why not make it a object? :P

Thanks Stava, Glad you like it and looks like i got some work to do, i will work on fixing all the tiles and the carpet is an object it just added in there for the showcase.
And your right the player does need to be more simplistic to go with the style, maybe a whole new character model.(But when i get time after fixing all the small things that will add up :D)
Also the trees have been changed in the latest video.(There now taller then the player, but if i change the player he will be smaller.)
But here is a Screenshot:

Thanks Stava for honest critique :D
-Nerah

---
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161308 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

that looks awesome +1

12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161311 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 11:04 pm)

stava posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 10:59 pm)

but there's some flaws

Thanks Stava, Glad you like it and looks like i got some work to do, i will work on fixing all the tiles and the carpet is an object it just added in there for the showcase.
And your right the player does need to be more simplistic to go with the style, maybe a whole new character model.(But when i get time after fixing all the small things that will add up :D)
Also the trees have been changed in the latest video.(There now taller then the player, but if i change the player he will be smaller.)
But here is a Screenshot:

Thanks Stava for honest critique :D
-Nerah

Amazing..I just hope you make your own character sprite for the game. The one you're using looks very awkward standing there.

---
The good times are killing me.
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 43 44 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)