EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 43 44 >>
Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Post #161132 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Not sure if I commented on this yet, but I have been lurking it and good luck with this. I am not really a fan of pokemon any more. I was when I was a kid, but looking back the games where really repetitive, but the show still kicks ass. I always thought it would be fun to play with other people and battle them in pokemon.

12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161135 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
colbymsn posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 11:27 am)

Not sure if I commented on this yet, but I have been lurking it and good luck with this. I am not really a fan of pokemon any more. I was when I was a kid, but looking back the games where really repetitive, but the show still kicks ass. I always thought it would be fun to play with other people and battle them in pokemon.

Well i hope this game brings you back into the World of Pokemon :D

Update New Video:

---
Things and stuff go here I guess.
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161137 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 11:33 am)

Update New Video:

that's really great progress keep it up 
also 1 things the character moves really fast is this a bug or you can fix it other than that it's awesome
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161138 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

I don't want to sound mean, this is all C&C in hopes of making it better :3 This is based on video v1.0

• I noticed that when the music loops, it's very obvious because you can hear a break in the music
  • The character is walking a bit too fast, as mentioned before
  • I don't like how the map edges are white, it's a little too bright and makes my eyes hurt especially for a small map like that
  • The music itself is old-style like it's supposed to be, but I'd probably be playing it with the sound off with that type of music set on a loop the entire game :S
  • When logging in, you should make it so when you click the Enter Username text box, it automatically enters a white-space so that the 1st letter doesn't look like it's mashing into the GUI
  • Just to make it look more professional, you should make it show an option box like on EO instead of pressing Y/N to exit. Maybe with "Resume - Options - Log Off - Exit Game"
More C&C once I think of some :P

EDIT: (After watching v1.2)
  • I think instead of walking into a white space to change areas, you should just continue the map to make it look like the area you're about to enter, but set the warps at the entrance of it. Just my opinion, I would give an example if I could xD
  • Also, the way the character moves doesn't look very smooth. Maybe it's just lag from the video
---
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein

Owner of the original Culio PK - PK Worldz
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #161139 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Ramy posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 12:58 pm)

I don't want to sound mean, this is all C&C in hopes of making it better :3 This is based on video v1.0

• I noticed that when the music loops, it's very obvious because you can hear a break in the music
  1. I just added the music in for youtube, its not in the game.
  1. Yes i know it will be fixed
  • I don't like how the map edges are white, it's a little too bright and makes my eyes hurt especially for a small map like that
  1. Just a Test zone but its going to be like eo you walk to an edge and it takes you to the next map(If its not done this way it will cause to much lag)
  • The music itself is old-style like it's supposed to be, but I'd probably be playing it with the sound off with that type of music set on a loop the entire game :S
  1. Not sure what you asking or critiquing here
  • When logging in, you should make it so when you click the Enter Username text box, it automatically enters a white-space so that the 1st letter doesn't look like it's mashing into the GUI
  1. There will be revisions made
  • Just to make it look more professional, you should make it show an option box like on EO instead of pressing Y/N to exit. Maybe with "Resume - Options - Log Off - Exit Game"
  1. I am awaiting Divines GUI first.

• I think instead of walking into a white space to change areas, you should just continue the map to make it look like the area you're about to enter, but set the warps at the entrance of it. Just my opinion, I would give an example if I could xD
    1. I stated above why i cant do this.
    • Also, the way the character moves doesn't look very smooth. Maybe it's just lag from the video
    1. Could be Video lag, but it is smoother in the Engine :D, you all will get to play soon enough.

Doomer i might have answered your question in there^^
    Thanks for the Comments Guys :D
    -Nerah

Anything Bold is my Response, Doomer your response is also in there.
      ---
      12 years, 6 weeks ago
      Post #161140 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
      Nerah posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 01:11 pm)

Ramy posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 12:58 pm)

1. I just added the music in for youtube, its not in the game.
      1. Yes i know it will be fixed
      1. Just a Test zone but its going to be like eo you walk to an edge and it takes you to the next map(If its not done this way it will cause to much lag)
      1. Not sure what you asking or critiquing here
      1. There will be revisions made
      1. I am awaiting Divines GUI first.

1. I stated above why i cant do this.
        1. Could be Video lag, but it is smoother in the Engine :D, you all will get to play soon enough.

Doomer i might have answered your question in there^^
        Thanks for the Comments Guys :D
        -Nerah

Anything Bold is my Response, Doomer your response is also in there.

By "instead of walking into a white space to change areas, you could just continue the map to make it look like the area you're about to enter, but set the warps at the entrance of it. Just my opinion, I would give an example if I could xD" I didn't mean to make the entire game on 1 map, I meant to just make the map go a little past the warp so 1.You know where you're about to enter & 2. so that it doesn't look like you're walking into the edge like on EO. I'll try to make an example using the EO map creator if you'd like to see what I'm talking about

By "The music itself is old-style like it's supposed to be, but I'd probably be playing it with the sound off with that type of music set on a loop the entire game :S" I was just saying that I didn't like the music basically.. though you said that it was only for the video so never-mind xD
          ---
          “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its

12 years, 6 weeks ago
          Post #161142 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
          By "instead of walking into a white space to change areas, you could just continue the map to make it look like the area you're about to enter, but set the warps at the entrance of it. Just my opinion, I would give an example if I could xD" I didn't mean to make the entire game on 1 map, I meant to just make the map go a little past the warp so 1.You know where you're about to enter & 2. so that it doesn't look like you're walking into the edge like on EO. I'll try to make an example using the EO map creator if you'd like to see what I'm talking about

I see what you mean, continue outward like is was one map that way you never see edges other then in buildings :D, great idea

By "The music itself is old-style like it's supposed to be, but I'd probably be playing it with the sound off with that type of music set on a loop the entire game :S" I was just saying that I didn't like the music basically.. though you said that it was only for the video so never-mind xD

Alright, ill try getting some custom music :D

---
          12 years, 6 weeks ago
          Post #161146 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Also, maybe you could make it so that when you change maps the screen does a fade-in/fade-out just like in the old games

---

12 years, 6 weeks ago
          Post #161147 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
          Ramy posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 01:49 pm)

Also, maybe you could make it so that when you change maps the screen does a fade-in/fade-out just like in the old games

Yeah i could do that :D
          Any other ideas?
          ---
          12 years, 6 weeks ago
          Post #161148 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
          Nerah posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 01:51 pm)

Any other ideas?

More than you know x_x I'd love to work with you lol

Personal question: What's you favorite pokemon game?
          Mine is Pokemon Blue :D probably because that's the only one I played all the way through xD Played it err'day :3
          ---

12 years, 6 weeks ago
          Post #161149 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
          Nerah posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 11:33 am)

Update New Video:

Awesome! <3

Cykka posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 03:58 am)

lul I got bored .. I mean really bored... 

So I figured if you do allow us to edit the gui once the game is out and make our own custom ones I'd see how mine would look and this is what I got.. ;-; pretty much like your's just a little different. XD 
          I had to add a magikarp <3 because its my fav poke for sure. 

For those who didn't see his post: 

Nerahs:
          http://i.imgur.com/PcFpw.png 

mine:

Divine posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 05:27 am)

Here's an EXTREMELY rough mockup, only somewhat done..

They both look amazing, great work. :)
          The only thing I dislike about Divine's is the pokeball (above ^ ALL PLACEHOLDERS ^), but I'm guessing that'll be changed. :p

Like I said before, great work! :D
          ---
          Rest in peace. <3
          12 years, 6 weeks ago
          Post #161150 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
          Ramy posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 01:52 pm)

Any other ideas?

Mine is Pokemon Blue :D probably because that's the only one I played all the way through xD Played it err'day :3

Maybe some time in the near future we can :D
          Forgot my favorite..
          ummm Fav pokemon game is pokemon stadium N64 the 1st one <3, but handheld i loved red

Elaya
          Thanks <3, the Depth thing gave me trouble and as you can see fence don't work perfectly.. :/
          ---
          12 years, 6 weeks ago
          Post #161152 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
          Nerah posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 02:08 pm)

Ramy posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 01:52 pm)

Any other ideas?

Maybe some time in the near future we can :D
          Forgot my favorite..
          ummm Fav pokemon game is pokemon stadium N64 the 1st one <3, but handheld i loved red

Elaya
          Thanks <3, the Depth thing gave me trouble and as you can see fence don't work perfectly.. :/

You're welcome. :)
          It's not too noticeable, but is there any way you could fix that?

Quick question, could you show the female sprite in the next vid? I wanna see how it's animated. :p

EDIT: When I find my tablet pen (literally no idea where it is xD), I can work on some artwork for you. I'm not the best at drawing anime, but I can give it a shot. :p Unless you'd prefer realistic portraits (like the ones here), because that's my strong point. :3
          ---
          Rest in peace. <3
          12 years, 6 weeks ago
          Post #161154 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
          Nerah posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 11:15 am)

Divine posted: (23rd Aug 2012, 05:27 am)

Here's an EXTREMELY rough mockup, only somewhat done..

This is Insanely professional! Looks so nice (except for the sprites i made for the corner)

Cykka, i really like the top one the most out of yours soon, because of the Magikarp.
          I wanna thank you for make them though.

Sineth, yeah i think i t might of been some video record lag and what not ill figure it out so i get best recording speed, even if it means recording full HD haha :D

Thanks everyone keep up the support new Video later today!

Like I said, all those buttons are placeholders, only there to show what they could be used for ;P

Also, I'm no pixeler so the pokeball in the upper lefthand corner of the pokeblocks should probably be redone, I redid yours Nerah but it doesn't look much better, just larger xP
          I'll work on this more tonight when I get back from my girlfriend's.
          ---
          Eat shit, bro.

I support Ephixa [http://ephixa.com/]. Fuck Skrillex, Sonny Moore is no more.
          12 years, 6 weeks ago
          Post #161166 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Offtopic: Girlfriend's o.O

---
          We are Born to Die!
          -----
          EOSERV CLass: Mapping Artist, Server Owner, Quest Author, Attention Whore
          12 years, 6 weeks ago
          Page: << 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 43 44 >>
          Topic is locked.
          EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)