EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 43 44 >>
Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Post #159278 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Elaine posted: (16th Aug 2012, 11:30 am)

Cykka posted: (15th Aug 2012, 10:25 pm)

Elaine posted: (15th Aug 2012, 09:21 pm)

It's not...a terrible idea but I don't see why you'd bother...especially using EO as a template.

There are basically two things that will happen to any 'Pokemon Online' kind of game.

a.) It'll never be as good as people expect it to. There are many reasons for this but if you look for any kind of Pokemon online game they're basically all crap and unstable.
b.) Forced to close due to copyright.

Read up on it, you'll see what I mean.

I have to disagree with you.. PWO is still active(moving hosts again but active), yeah it had its issues and that was settled by moving the server to a country with out copyright laws... Also the game was exactly how I expected it.. a clone of pokemon red at 1st then moved into gold ... It might have its far share of crashes but what game doesn't look at this game we are all addicted to (EO).. whether you play eo or not your still on a forum mainly about EO. But thats going off topic the point is really the only issue that would arise that could cause major problems is copyright and that can be simply fixed by going to a country that has no copyright laws. ^_^ 

PWO...I'm pretty sure I tried that but I can't recall because the site isn't working so I have nothing to reference off of. I remember playing this one where they had  to have set intervals of registration because of the amount of people on the website trying to get on the game. Then when you actually logged on, you'd see a mob of people stuck in one area becau

Anyways,
Notice how a lot of pokemon based online games are just clicking or word based? That's because of copyright. Do you honestly believe that nobody else would have thought  to do your suggestion by now? There have been thousands of attempts to try and create some amazing 'pokemon online' kind of game. But the fact that there aren't any is saying something. Don't be naive and blind yourself to that.

The idea is nice, yea. And what they've done so far is decent enough. It just seems like a huge waste of time and effort to me. You're going to attempt to recreate everything, a lot of server owners have tried this over time and come out with the same problems. Here are some things to think about.

a.) How long your server will actually last. Face it--most don't make it past 3 months. Or 5. Or a year.
b.) Failing to expand outside of the EO community
c.) Copyright. -cough-

If you recreated it in your own way. by using pokemon and eo as a loose base, and not copying it exactly (ie. redesign existing pokemon, give them new names, ways to catch etc) You may be able to pull it off, but you'll still encounter problems a & b. At the end of the day, you're doing something that allows other people to enjoy your work and effort then that's something. If somebody logs on your game and walks away with a smile, then it's worth it. I still think it's a huge waste of time/money/effort, but if you learn something from it and it makes you happy to do it, then I guess I have no reservations. Just don't be so naive to the obvious problems at hand. If you're going to make it work, make it work.

ur being such a buzz kill rite now kacie ._.

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159282 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Moonie posted: (16th Aug 2012, 02:40 pm)

Elaine posted: (16th Aug 2012, 11:30 am)

Cykka posted: (15th Aug 2012, 10:25 pm)

Elaine posted: (15th Aug 2012, 09:21 pm)

It's not...a terrible idea but I don't see why you'd bother...especially using EO as a template.

There are basically two things that will happen to any 'Pokemon Online' kind of game.

a.) It'll never be as good as people expect it to. There are many reasons for this but if you look for any kind of Pokemon online game they're basically all crap and unstable.
b.) Forced to close due to copyright.

Read up on it, you'll see what I mean.

I have to disagree with you.. PWO is still active(moving hosts again but active), yeah it had its issues and that was settled by moving the server to a country with out copyright laws... Also the game was exactly how I expected it.. a clone of pokemon red at 1st then moved into gold ... It might have its far share of crashes but what game doesn't look at this game we are all addicted to (EO).. whether you play eo or not your still on a forum mainly about EO. But thats going off topic the point is really the only issue that would arise that could cause major problems is copyright and that can be simply fixed by going to a country that has no copyright laws. ^_^ 

PWO...I'm pretty sure I tried that but I can't recall because the site isn't working so I have nothing to reference off of. I remember playing this one where they had  to have set intervals of registration because of the amount of people on the website trying to get on the game. Then when you actually logged on, you'd see a mob of people stuck in one area becau

Anyways,
Notice how a lot of pokemon based online games are just clicking or word based? That's because of copyright. Do you honestly believe that nobody else would have thought  to do your suggestion by now? There have been thousands of attempts to try and create some amazing 'pokemon online' kind of game. But the fact that there aren't any is saying something. Don't be naive and blind yourself to that.

The idea is nice, yea. And what they've done so far is decent enough. It just seems like a huge waste of time and effort to me. You're going to attempt to recreate everything, a lot of server owners have tried this over time and come out with the same problems. Here are some things to think about.

a.) How long your server will actually last. Face it--most don't make it past 3 months. Or 5. Or a year.
b.) Failing to expand outside of the EO community
c.) Copyright. -cough-

If you recreated it in your own way. by using pokemon and eo as a loose base, and not copying it exactly (ie. redesign existing pokemon, give them new names, ways to catch etc) You may be able to pull it off, but you'll still encounter problems a & b. At the end of the day, you're doing something that allows other people to enjoy your work and effort then that's something. If somebody logs on your game and walks away with a smile, then it's worth it. I still think it's a huge waste of time/money/effort, but if you learn something from it and it makes you happy to do it, then I guess I have no reservations. Just don't be so naive to the obvious problems at hand. If you're going to make it work, make it work.

ur being such a buzz kill rite now kacie ._.

LOL IKR? 

But at least she's giving her honest opinion, and hey everyone should be entitled to that right.

Pokemonnn ouuuu your my best frwendd
---
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159291 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

What ever happened to the old saying *if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all*. Yeah shes entitled to her opinion, but that doesnt mean anyone really cares to hear it. :/

---
EOSERV Classes:Mapping Artist, Server Owner, Quest Author, Demonic Karma, The Critique
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159319 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (16th Aug 2012, 02:52 am)

Divine posted: (16th Aug 2012, 02:21 am)

Seeings as I love pokemon, and support this project completely, I have purchased http://pokemonred-online.com/, Nerah can PM me when he wishes for the account details and ownership transfer.

I cant thank you enough and i am actually getting a little teary eyed that you all care and support this that much!
Thanks for the support everyone!
-Nerah
+10000000 if i could!

No problem, glad I could help ^^
---
Eat shit, bro.

I support Ephixa [http://ephixa.com/]. Fuck Skrillex, Sonny Moore is no more.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159335 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Within the next 24-48 Hours Pokemon Red Online's Website should be up(Thanks to Divine):

I can not edit the site until then so your stuck with that :(.

---
Things and stuff go here I guess.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159337 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (16th Aug 2012, 06:41 pm)

Within the next 24-48 Hours Pokemon Red Online should be up(Thanks to Divine):

I can not edit the site until then so your stuck with that :(.

Yay!
I'm also glad the banner I made is being put to good use, lol.

---
Rest in peace. <3
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159340 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Ohhhh im so excited!

---
EOSERV Classes:Mapping Artist, Server Owner, Quest Author, Demonic Karma, The Critique
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159345 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

I think everyone may be mistaken to what i was telling you, Pokemon Red Online's Website will be up :P

Not the Game. It was a typo.

---
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159438 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Mrpants posted: (16th Aug 2012, 03:50 pm)

What ever happened to the old saying *if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all*. Yeah shes entitled to her opinion, but that doesnt mean anyone really cares to hear it. :/

Nothing was mean about my post or 'not nice' in your own words. o3o I'd appreciate if you take a minute to try and understand what was said, and not immediately try to bash me. I never said anything negative towards anybody else or insult them. It took the realistic point of view.

It's not like I don't like Pokemon and EO based games just as much as anybody else here.  xD

@Nerah, I may have to take you up on that offer, should time permit. I hope I can continually offer you some advice when that time comes.
---
All great things have battle scars.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159440 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Elaine posted: (17th Aug 2012, 08:08 am)

Mrpants posted: (16th Aug 2012, 03:50 pm)

Nothing was mean about my post or 'not nice' in your own words. o3o I'd appreciate if you take a minute to try and understand what was said, and not immediately try to bash me. I never said anything negative towards anybody else or insult them. It took the realistic point of view.

It's not like I don't like Pokemon and EO based games just as much as anybody else here.  xD

@Nerah, I may have to take you up on that offer, should time permit. I hope I can continually offer you some advice when that time comes.

Don't let pants get on your nerves you shouldn't even pay him attention he's just been pmsing lately... I blame Jimmy for picking on him and making him cry irl.. 

@Nerah your never on msn ;-;... >.< Did you ever have a open registration to secure names? 
---
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)CTronic.org 
I'm Nutso. Keep your fingers out of my butthole.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159477 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

New Update Screeny:

@"Nerah, I may have to take you up on that offer, should time permit. I hope I can continually offer you some advice when that time comes."

Elaine, sounds like a plan :D

@"Nerah your never on msn ;-;... >.< Did you ever have a open registration to secure names?" 

Cyanide, i never close MSN? im just sometimes not at my PC :/, and what do you mean? ("Did you ever have a open registration to secure names?")

Thanks Divine is helping with the website so it might be alittle longer before everything is set up :/

Thanks-Nerah

---
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #159478 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (17th Aug 2012, 04:07 pm)

New Update Screeny:

@"Nerah, I may have to take you up on that offer, should time permit. I hope I can continually offer you some advice when that time comes."

Elaine, sounds like a plan :D

@"Nerah your never on msn ;-;... >.< Did you ever have a open registration to secure names?" 

Cyanide, i never close MSN? im just sometimes not at my PC :/, and what do you mean? ("Did you ever have a open registration to secure names?")

Thanks Divine is helping with the website so it might be alittle longer before everything is set up :/

Thanks-Nerah

I'm going to be brutally honest here and say that I really dislike those buttons. :/

---
Rest in peace. <3
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #159479 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

I could help you out with the buttons, if you swing the psd. file

---
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #159481 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

i agree i dont like them ether but i had to use something for now :P

and i dont use photoshop, but give me a second to post:

Edit:

Heres the Button Size Temp

(Buttons: that you should make)

• Login
  • Register
  • Credits
  • and a "X" button for the top corner.
Please and Thank you

-Nerah

and this is where you type the Username or Password

You dont have to edit this one^^ if you dont wish to :D

---
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #159485 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (17th Aug 2012, 04:22 pm)

i agree i dont like them ether but i had to use something for now :P

and i dont use photoshop, but give me a second to post:

Edit:

Heres the Button Size Temp

(Buttons: that you should make)

• Login
  • Register
  • Credits
  • and a "X" button for the top corner.
Please and Thank you

-Nerah

and this is where you type the Username or Password

You dont have to edit this one^^ if you dont wish to :D

Aren't you going to use the buttons Haze made? They were awesome. :p
---
Rest in peace. <3
12 years, 6 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 43 44 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)