EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 43 44 >>
Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Post #159202 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Its not copyright infringement if we edit it, and is personally made by the pixel artists. Its FANMADE, And will be stated in the term&conditions that they do not own any rights to pokemon, and not to mention they will not be making any profit.

---
EOSERV Classes:Mapping Artist, Server Owner, Quest Author, Demonic Karma, The Critique
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159204 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Elaine posted: (15th Aug 2012, 09:21 pm)

It's not...a terrible idea but I don't see why you'd bother...especially using EO as a template.

There are basically two things that will happen to any 'Pokemon Online' kind of game.

a.) It'll never be as good as people expect it to. There are many reasons for this but if you look for any kind of Pokemon online game they're basically all crap and unstable.
b.) Forced to close due to copyright.

Read up on it, you'll see what I mean.

I have to disagree with you.. PWO is still active(moving hosts again but active), yeah it had its issues and that was settled by moving the server to a country with out copyright laws... Also the game was exactly how I expected it.. a clone of pokemon red at 1st then moved into gold ... It might have its far share of crashes but what game doesn't look at this game we are all addicted to (EO).. whether you play eo or not your still on a forum mainly about EO. But thats going off topic the point is really the only issue that would arise that could cause major problems is copyright and that can be simply fixed by going to a country that has no copyright laws. ^_^ 
---
ಠ_ರೃ You assholes dont want to fight my penis, herpes on my dick cuz I look like Jesus.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159217 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Going to have to give up on the GUI. My work has started making me do 70+ hours a week now. Will upload photoshop file of what I was working on if anyone wants to continue on it. 

Sorry, would continue on it if I could.

Can still map if you want, that I can do any time but it would take me 2-3 weeks to get time to work on the gui.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159227 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

how things going with you Nerah still working or you have a break xD

am totally support you ;)

12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159228 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Seeings as I love pokemon, and support this project completely, I have purchased http://pokemonred-online.com/, Nerah can PM me when he wishes for the account details and ownership transfer.

---
Eat shit, bro.

I support Ephixa [http://ephixa.com/]. Fuck Skrillex, Sonny Moore is no more.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159229 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Divine posted: (16th Aug 2012, 02:21 am)

Seeings as I love pokemon, and support this project completely, I have purchased http://pokemonred-online.com/, Nerah can PM me when he wishes for the account details and ownership transfer.

thats sick! props +1
---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159230 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Thanks for doing that Divine. I bet he's going to really appreciate it :)
---
The good times are killing me.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159231 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

lol woot Divine!! You beat me too it haha. 
---
ಠ_ರೃ You assholes dont want to fight my penis, herpes on my dick cuz I look like Jesus.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159232 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Good luck.

12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159233 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

I cant thank you enough and i am actually getting a little teary eyed that you all care and support this that much!
Thanks for the support everyone!
-Nerah
+10000000 if i could!
---
Things and stuff go here I guess.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159235 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Wow devine, that was a really nice gesture :) +1

---
EOSERV Classes:Mapping Artist, Server Owner, Quest Author, Demonic Karma, The Critique
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159247 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

Wow, Divine. +1!
---
Rest in peace. <3
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159262 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Cykka posted: (15th Aug 2012, 10:25 pm)

Elaine posted: (15th Aug 2012, 09:21 pm)

It's not...a terrible idea but I don't see why you'd bother...especially using EO as a template.

There are basically two things that will happen to any 'Pokemon Online' kind of game.

a.) It'll never be as good as people expect it to. There are many reasons for this but if you look for any kind of Pokemon online game they're basically all crap and unstable.
b.) Forced to close due to copyright.

Read up on it, you'll see what I mean.

I have to disagree with you.. PWO is still active(moving hosts again but active), yeah it had its issues and that was settled by moving the server to a country with out copyright laws... Also the game was exactly how I expected it.. a clone of pokemon red at 1st then moved into gold ... It might have its far share of crashes but what game doesn't look at this game we are all addicted to (EO).. whether you play eo or not your still on a forum mainly about EO. But thats going off topic the point is really the only issue that would arise that could cause major problems is copyright and that can be simply fixed by going to a country that has no copyright laws. ^_^ 

PWO...I'm pretty sure I tried that but I can't recall because the site isn't working so I have nothing to reference off of. I remember playing this one where they had  to have set intervals of registration because of the amount of people on the website trying to get on the game. Then when you actually logged on, you'd see a mob of people stuck in one area becau

Anyways,
Notice how a lot of pokemon based online games are just clicking or word based? That's because of copyright. Do you honestly believe that nobody else would have thought  to do your suggestion by now? There have been thousands of attempts to try and create some amazing 'pokemon online' kind of game. But the fact that there aren't any is saying something. Don't be naive and blind yourself to that.

The idea is nice, yea. And what they've done so far is decent enough. It just seems like a huge waste of time and effort to me. You're going to attempt to recreate everything, a lot of server owners have tried this over time and come out with the same problems. Here are some things to think about.

a.) How long your server will actually last. Face it--most don't make it past 3 months. Or 5. Or a year.
b.) Failing to expand outside of the EO community
c.) Copyright. -cough-

If you recreated it in your own way. by using pokemon and eo as a loose base, and not copying it exactly (ie. redesign existing pokemon, give them new names, ways to catch etc) You may be able to pull it off, but you'll still encounter problems a & b. At the end of the day, you're doing something that allows other people to enjoy your work and effort then that's something. If somebody logs on your game and walks away with a smile, then it's worth it. I still think it's a huge waste of time/money/effort, but if you learn something from it and it makes you happy to do it, then I guess I have no reservations. Just don't be so naive to the obvious problems at hand. If you're going to make it work, make it work.

---
All great things have battle scars.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159268 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Elaine posted: (16th Aug 2012, 11:30 am)

The idea is nice, yea. And what they've done so far is decent enough. It just seems like a huge waste of time and effort to me. You're going to attempt to recreate everything, a lot of server owners have tried this over time and come out with the same problems. Here are some things to think about.

a.) How long your server will actually last. Face it--most don't make it past 3 months. Or 5. Or a year.
b.) Failing to expand outside of the EO community
c.) Copyright. -cough-

You may be able to pull it off, but you'll still encounter problems a & b. At the end of the day, you're doing something that allows other people to enjoy your work and effort then that's something. If somebody logs on your game and walks away with a smile, then it's worth it. I still think it's a huge waste of time/money/effort, but if you learn something from it and it makes you happy to do it, then I guess I have no reservations. Just don't be so naive to the obvious problems at hand. If you're going to make it work, make it work.

That last paragraph makes me want to make this one of the best fan games ever.
-Winston Churchill once said"If your going through hell, keep going.." so i will continue this as it it makes people have enjoyment!
a.)Only time can tell :D
b.)Since this is made with game maker when i feel the time is right i can expand to them.
c.)Only sad thing about this :/
Elaine, i want to thank you for commenting and being truthful and i hope when this is all done you'll come play with us :D
-Nerah
---
Things and stuff go here I guess.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #159269 Re: Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)

I used to play on that Pokemon world online or w/e it was. They give away basically 10 registration codes every 1-2 months which is ridiculous and they give it away by random, so someone who already has an account could register another email. And as you said, it is very, very packed.

Only suggestion I have is that if this does become packed with people, you would want to open 2+ servers and then give each server a limit like EO used to have. But then instead of making the servers entirely separate could configure it like maplestory so you have the "20 channels" all based in one server.

And read my paragraph above.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 43 44 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)