EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0
Post #150906 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0

I forgot to mention those who wish to compile a build of EODev are required to install a copy of the DirectX SDK if you haven't already. Found here.

---
Hmm.
11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #154513 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0

I still don't see the changelog or what the features are already included in this client.

---
The good times are killing me.
11 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #154515 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0

As far as I know it shouldnt be used unless you can code it to where the eo original client is and better.. Which is why we are waiting for the next version. Im not sure but I think this will only let you create an account as of now.

11 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #173690 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0

not to drag up a dead thread but what happened here? this shows allot of promise and is really what this game emulation community needs.Hotdog if your still working on this you should keep us updated on it.can't express more how important a finished up to date version of this is for the survival of EOServ and 2-D isometric game making in general.

---
Graphic Artist/pixel artist
( = ̄ェ ̄= )ノ "A Good person can make your day but a bad person can ruin your life~"
11 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #173691 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0

I was on his website the other day he made a recent post in November about continuing the eodev project but he's been busy with school and more important stuff ect ect. Maybe make an account on his site or atleast browse it over and see whats going on. http://www.hotronics-entertainment.com/

11 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #173692 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0
insomniac posted: (13th Dec 2012, 05:49 am)

I was on his website the other day he made a recent post in November about continuing the eodev project but he's been busy with school and more important stuff ect ect. Maybe make an account on his site or atleast browse it over and see whats going on. http://www.hotronics-entertainment.com/

thanks i was just there and saw your comment on his post.i would really like to see if he continues this or if anyone else is willing to try and help it along.im not a programmer but i am eager to see a functioning open source client that is up to par(if not better) than the closed source EO v28 client we are all forced to use.
---
( = ̄ェ ̄= )ノ "A Good person can make your day but a bad person can ruin your life~"
11 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #173694 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0

yeah its pretty limited how it is now the things that bother me most are MIDI sound tracs "what the hell is this the 80's" and the gfx and item limits.

11 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #174315 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0
insomniac posted: (13th Dec 2012, 06:44 am)

yeah its pretty limited how it is now the things that bother me most are MIDI sound tracs "what the hell is this the 80's" and the gfx and item limits.

well I'm fairly sure Vult-r had more in mind for the client's functionality but with the onset of poor community actions and support also the fact that most of the rest of the development team ended up  doing the ole "exit stage left" (aside from Arvid) kind of put a dent in his pride.this all occurred around the same time Rena's server and Cascades EOR came to be. though i do submit the question"what happened to Cascade?" anyhow back on Topic

i think this could really be a blessing to allot of developers in general.lets reiterate the facts that this is a much needed thing to keep future development alive.if i sound like a broken record saying this i apologize but i have long believed that this was needed and would bring an active movement about for 2-D isometric game development much like the top down Eclipse community over at the Touch of Death [here].it would leave us all with allot more options to explore.
---
11 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #185883 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0

I am still working on the client - despite being heavily burdened with life at the moment. I'll post more information on my site within the week, sorry I haven't been active lately, I haven't forgotten you all. I'm considering making the client partially closed source - purely for the fact that the scumbag community of eoserv(which is only a few of you) would wish to abuse this client in any way possible against private servers - which is against my interests. On two thoughts at this moment. 

Till then, Hotdog.

---
Hmm.
11 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #185884 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0

It's great to see you're still working on this, Hotdog. A good client is what this community needs.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
11 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #185898 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0
Xlembros posted: (16th Dec 2012, 04:07 pm)

insomniac posted: (13th Dec 2012, 06:44 am)

well I'm fairly sure Vult-r had more in mind for the client's functionality but with the onset of poor community actions and support also the fact that most of the rest of the development team ended up  doing the ole "exit stage left" (aside from Arvid) kind of put a dent in his pride.this all occurred around the same time Rena's server and Cascades EOR came to be. though i do submit the question"what happened to Cascade?" anyhow back on Topic

i think this could really be a blessing to allot of developers in general.lets reiterate the facts that this is a much needed thing to keep future development alive.if i sound like a broken record saying this i apologize but i have long believed that this was needed and would bring an active movement about for 2-D isometric game development much like the top down Eclipse community over at the Touch of Death [here].it would leave us all with allot more options to explore.

To answer a few questions here, last I spoke to Cascade his feeling was EOR was the worst coding he had ever done. Absolute garbage. Vult-r was tired of messing with EO long before other private servers came to be. He was well into flash programming long before EO died, and at one point was attempting to recode EO into flash (never got off the ground). 

At this point, recreating the EO client to exceed limitations is simply not enough. Using it as a model is ok, but to survive making a duplicate will require a lot of hard coding on the graphics end. It would only be optimal to use a client with basic socket connectivity and map rendering as a model and build everything else ground up. 
11 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #195889 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0

anyone still know if this is active or not?

*PS, the download links aren't working

---
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Why the fuck u lyin'?
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #201254 Re: EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0

The links are broken now. Does anyone have the source files?

Please add new links

7 years, 25 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EODevC++(EO Client) Source And Binary Release V2.0