EOSERV Forum > Lounge > What would like to see in a private server?
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
What would like to see in a private server?
Post #146213 What would like to see in a private server?

What features would you like to see in a Private Server? (Client or Server Sided)

Things that would make me play again are these:

1, Sprint/Running to get places faster

2, Abilitys that need recharging (Invisiblity, Flying, Morghing into NPC's and Objects and Super Speed)

3, Weapon and Armour upgrades and downgrades

4, Side games (Chess, British Bulldog and NPC Waves [Like Call of duty Zombies]

5, Burnt, Poisoned and Paralyzed - Which stay on your character until potion is used

6, Upgradable Magics (Bolt - Bolt 2 - Bolt 3) etc

There's plenty more i'd like to see but these would be brilliant.

---
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146215 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

-Decent maps
-Consistent item progression
-Not ridiculous stats
-BALANCE

Theres more but they should work on these for now.

---
Hail Satan!
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146216 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

same as Omen

if i might add...

no same old shit everyone does

starting with a clean pubfile, so no 500 unused items you patch the gfx and then name it.

do it like this... Idea->stats->balance->name->concept->pixel->approval->ingame

---
Qbot/null
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146217 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

A community that doesn't change as much as the weather. It's lovely to see new players but it's nice to have a nice community and players that come on to play the game and not troll.

I'd love some mini games and that so if there's noone on you can earn some money or items etc by playing mini games.

What ye all said would be good too. If all the MW3 ideas were put in and put in well, I think it'd be great.

11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146218 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

@Queen: Thanks I been meaning to ask the community a good way to go about making their server (steps)

@Standard: Yes I've been wanting to add chess forever, give these ideas to these lazy and/or busy hard coders/programmers on the site and see if they can get that poppin. Those would be good to have on a server.

11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146219 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

Chess has been attempted before :o

EDIT: Oh and, freeze and poision coded & released too.

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/11603

---
"raep tiem" - Dolan
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146220 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

- The Feel of Old EO </3

---
" Too much English, NOT ENOUGH CAPS! " - Wildsurvival
" Never let the fear of striking out get in your way" - Babe Ruth
Join the new EO Forum! - www.endless-forum.boards.net
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146238 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

I didn't mind original EO but i'd like to play EO with a differance not the same old Harvesting, Mining and Gambling. Something where you feel you have more skills and powers.

Also i'd like to add

1, Arena but Guild Wars where you talk to a NPC and decide 1v1 - 2v2 - 3v3 Example: if you chose 3v3 it find 3 of your guild members and 3 of the enemy guild members (Must be on the same map)

2, Shops that spawn items on the shelf but the door is locked and you have the ability to picklock but if the NPC guide catchs you, You go to jail for said time.

---
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146246 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

I'd like to see players be aware and know what a keylogger is. Someone just came on our server and said " I hope you don't mind that I'm a keylogger" and said they "sent us one". I replied you know for a keylogger to work it has to be downloaded on a computer or whatever. He continued to tell me he had all the passwords for the server etc. Then said to tell the owner he said I and told me he worked for the server when it started. I decided to have a little fun before breaking it to him that my boyfriend and I made the server together and hired all admins together and that there's no hope in hell he would become an admin OR that we would let anyone but the two of us have the ability to attempt to place a keylogger in our download. I proceeded to type a lot of ":'("s, tell him he was mean and ask how he could do that.

His response - going offline after the second :'(.

So yeah .. After all the shit, people should be a bit more aware and know that you can't just send a keylogger...

11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146247 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

this community isn't that good because the lack of people that release codes for just the sake of sharing , if you check the eoserv section in the forum , you will find it filled with requesting help topics with out a single release!

so you wont find servers with special features as you want.

11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146249 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

I know, But all i see is servers with the same features bring something new and you'll attract more people expecially if you keep adding unique things.

99% of the servers people spend ages putting codes in it have the exact same features as Eosource if not less things.

---
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146250 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

I would like to see an original theme. Something that is not based on fantasy mmo like 70% of all mmo. Something with pirates, or with wild west, with space and aliens. A nice storyline with intresting quests and lvling based on quest than autoing or keep killing a million bitters to lvl. A server with riddles and puzzles based on in-game mechanisms. Even a server based on real life. Modern day city for example.

Even with a small server emulator posibilities are "Endless". The only limit is your imagination.

11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146271 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

Yes, I would love to see a modern day city theme with patches and all as well.

11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #146361 Re: What would like to see in a private server?

I'd like to see something that would be some  type of minigame but instead of being just a minigame, it would become the whole point of the game, opposed to whereas most typical servers have a story line to follow, and are able to become stronger through killing npcs.  But, something just to have fun and chill on, for example Ananas' cops & robbers server.  Basically, I want to play a server where it's just competitive interaction with other online players.

11 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #146375 Re: What would like to see in a private server?
daytaurato posted: (20th Jun 2012, 10:28 pm)

I would like to see an original theme. Something that is not based on fantasy mmo like 70% of all mmo. Something with pirates, or with wild west, with space and aliens. A nice storyline with intresting quests and lvling based on quest than autoing or keep killing a million bitters to lvl.Aserver with riddles and puzzles based on in-game mechanisms. Even a server based on real life. Modern day city for example.

Even with a small server emulator posibilities are "Endless". The only limit is your imagination.

When you're actually thinking of making a server though, you have to take into consideration that when one person does each puzzle once, there would probably be a walk-through up. 
Players all finish every puzzle, then leave, there's nothing to do.
At least with grinding to level, you'll be kept busy for a while. lol

Also, Queen's list: Idea->stats->balance->name->concept->pixel->approval->ingame really stands out as something important that every server I've tried hasn't put much effort into doing.
Everything should be planned in this manner. Start with an idea, then build upon that, not just rush to get something out there using shitty graphics or even at the worst regular eo stuff.
---
420Иﻜ0o
"The Lord is a shoving leopard."
11 years, 46 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Lounge > What would like to see in a private server?