EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Eomap - Failed to load.
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
Eomap - Failed to load.
Post #144864 Eomap - Failed to load.

I was putting new objects into gfx 4 and than I edit the config in eomap to support the amount of items that I have in gfx 4. Than I start up eomap and it works all good than I try to press the objects section and I get this error. It is probably a really simple fix, but I never came across this before.

11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145159 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.

I think your GFX files messed up :/

Here you can donwload new GFX files..

Download Link

EDIT: If you want to try another Map editor click here

---
We are Born to Die!
-----
EOSERV CLass: Mapping Artist, Server Owner, Quest Author, Attention Whore
11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145161 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.
Fallen Angels posted: (15th Jun 2012, 10:43 am)

I think you need new Gfx files : /

You are right, but that is not my problem. I want these gfx files to work on it. I have added to much of custom items in it that eomap supports, so I am trying to get them to load in eomap.
11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145162 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.

hmm you tried another Map editor?

---
We are Born to Die!
-----
EOSERV CLass: Mapping Artist, Server Owner, Quest Author, Attention Whore
11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145163 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.

I have tried deathx's version and I have tried the new 3.1b, but in deathx's eomap he said,

// Amount of graphics to load for the tab.

// There may be a maximum for how many show up in the palette if using a really high amount.

// If this is the case contact me because i know a fix ;).

I am still waiting on his reply.

11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145164 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.

This happened me. I tried to add them all fast but eventually I just wrote what numbers each new item was going to have and redid it all. It's a pain but i didn't get the problem again.

11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145165 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.
Rach posted: (15th Jun 2012, 11:28 am)

This happened me. I tried to add them all fast but eventually I just wrote what numbers each new item was going to have and redid it all. It's a pain but i didn't get the problem again.

So you added over the amout of the objects that eomap supports? Like did you edit the config to support the right amount, because I really do not want to redo all the gfx again for nothing. How much items did you add also and what gfx was it?
11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145184 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.

@Colby

i have had this problem too. that last rev that Sausage did seems to work the best for me, but i still get the same thing sometimes.

to large of objects did this to me, so i replaced the larger bitmap with a smaller icon or color block"in the editors gfx folder only"  so i knew what it was. and i was still able to map with my new object.

or if all the new gfx wont load for viewing,but only loads so much in the map editor. theres a few tricks to get the end ones to load so you can still map with them.  "replaceng the first few hundred with 1x1 black dots." i would have multi editor gfx one for start of gfx lines and one for the end ones.

double check that gfx line too. when adding new gfx, i would find sometimes i did not save the gfx line correctly. like egf i would have typed efg.

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145186 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.
make posted: (15th Jun 2012, 05:02 pm)

@Colby

i have had this problem too. that last rev that Sausage did seems to work the best for me, but i still get the same thing sometimes.

to large of objects did this to me, so i replaced the larger bitmap with a smaller icon or color block"in the editors gfx folder only"  so i knew what it was. and i was still able to map with my new object.

or if all the new gfx wont load for viewing,but only loads so much in the map editor. theres a few tricks to get the end ones to load so you can still map with them.  "replaceng the first few hundred with 1x1 black dots." i would have multi editor gfx one for start of gfxlines and one for the end ones.

double check that gfx line too. when adding new gfx, i would find sometimes i did not save the gfx line correctly. like egf i would have typed efg.

Well my problem is not the size of the things I am adding, its how much I am adding. I am using gfx 4 and all the other gfx load perfectly except this one. I have 707 gfx's added to it and the original amount was 539, so of course I changed it to 707 in the config, but it wont load. I think it is because I am using a outrageously amount of custom objects.
11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145187 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.

yes the amount you try and load makes a differance. i have 1768 objects in gfx 4 but my gfx lines go to 9999.

replaceng the first few with black 1x1 dots was the only way i could get the end ones to load. so it would not crash the editor. but my pc is pretty old.

maybe someone else will have a easier fix for you.

and if anyones wondering, i botted with scar to add all my gfx lines with bitmaps.

---
Think Outside The Box.

11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145188 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.
make posted: (15th Jun 2012, 05:20 pm)

yes the amount you try and load makes a differance. i have 1768 objects in gfx 4 but my gfx lines go to 9999.

replaceng the first few with black 1x1 dots was the only way i could get the end ones to load. so it would not crash the editor. but my pc is pretty old.

maybe someone else will have a easier fix for you.

and if anyones wondering, i botted with scar to add all my gfx lines with bitmaps.

I do not understand what you mean the first few with 1x1. Do you mean 101, 102, 103 or when your custom items start?
11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145190 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.

i would start with 101 and go down with the 1x1 black dot bitmaps. the more custom ones i added at the end of the gfx the more i had to replace with 1x1 dots at the start . thus had multi gfx and multi editor folders just to map.

---
Think Outside The Box.

11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145192 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.

I just tried that and it didn't work, but I noticed something. When I change the config to the amount that my gfx has and I try to press objects it gives me a error, but when I put it back to the default number in the config it runs perfectly with no errors.

11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145193 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.

you know the number is 100 off in the editor than the gfx right?

if you do not replace enough of the start gfx to drop the mem usage on the editor so it will not crash its going to keep crashing.

well hope you find a solution. if you can not find one soon. maybe i can help out if you want help in getting them to load. i would give the scar script to replace a few 100 but its not user friendly.

---
Think Outside The Box.

11 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #145194 Re: Eomap - Failed to load.
make posted: (15th Jun 2012, 05:51 pm)

you know the number is 100 off in the editor than the gfx right?

if you do not replace enough of the start gfx to drop the mem usage on the editor so it will not crash its going to keep crashing.

well hope you find a solution. if you can not find one soon. maybe i can help out if you want help in getting them to load. i would give the scar script to replace a few 100 but its not user friendly.

I understand it is 100 off and I put the number 100 off. How much will it take, because I replaced 10 of the original and just keep adding new ones.
11 years, 48 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Eomap - Failed to load.