EOSERV Forum > Announcements > "New Worlds" malware warning
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 >>
"New Worlds" malware warning
Post #144136 "New Worlds" malware warning

If you have played on the private server "New Worlds" and downloaded their client, please uninstall it and run a virus scan immediately.

It has been confirmed to contain a remote admin tool which connects to 108.45.74.222 on port 1971, and contains a keylogger component. It is a good idea to firewall that IP address if possible.

Update: If you believe you may be infected, take the following steps:

• Run the New Worlds client
  • Close the New Worlds client
  • Download and execute the program from http://www.darkcomet-rat.com/dcremover.dc
  • Delete the New Worlds client (Important that you delete all of the files!!!)
  • Reboot your PC (start over if you didn't delete the New Worlds files)
  • Run a full virus scan 
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144137 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning

good looking out!

11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144138 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning

Eh. Here.

---
Wish upon a star!
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144139 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning

Why am I not surprised.. lmao.

---
Tire me.
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144141 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning

I added this on the EOS index page as well, just in case.

11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144144 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning

How pathetic are people.. Adding a virus to a EO Private server thought by now all these children would of grown up just a little bit.

Great find sausage

---
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144148 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning
Standard posted: (10th Jun 2012, 02:43 pm)

How pathetic are people.. Adding a virus to a EO Private server thought by now all these children would of grown up just a little bit.

Great find sausage

Well, Elevations actually discovered it, seeing as he's the one that discovered his stuff got stolen, first.
---
Wish upon a star!
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144149 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning
Plasmastar posted: (10th Jun 2012, 02:47 pm)

Great find sausage

Well, Elevations actually discovered it, seeing as he's the one that discovered his stuff got stolen, first.
Why did Elevations have the New Worlds client installed o.O ? FE get too boring for him xD?

---
If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144152 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning
DanScott posted: (10th Jun 2012, 02:48 pm)

Great find sausage

Why did Elevations have the New Worlds client installed o.O ? FE get too boring for him xD?

New-Worlds was supposedly an EOSource server, which he probably likes checking in on.
---
Wish upon a star!
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144153 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning

Guess that makes sense.. God knows why he would want to though..The FE player base is still going strong xD

---
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144154 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning
DanScott posted: (10th Jun 2012, 02:48 pm)

Great find sausage

I saw it was using eosource and had many players and wanted to congratulate them and tell them that a new eosource version was out.

Then i went to bed and 7 hours later snorlax me gets outa bed and sees that his source codes was posted on eoserv.

then you kinda know the rest..

---
https://www.fallen-evolution.com
https://www.fallen-evolution.com/discord
https://eosource.net
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144156 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning

sorry for creating 2 accounts, I forgot my password :P (pass recovery doesn't work)

Anyway, some guy claimed to have leaked EOSource, FE addons and shit. at first I didn't believe it so I told ele and apperently he had a kind of virus so after a little while he discovered that NW was the cause of this. Pretty laughable actually. the server had more players than FE, BU so theykinda fucked up by crreating that keylogger.

EDIT: Nvm ele already explained o_o

11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144157 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning
Hollows posted: (10th Jun 2012, 03:04 pm)

sorry for creating 2 accounts, I forgot my password :P (pass recovery doesn't work)

Anyway, some guy claimed to have leaked EOSource, FE addons and shit. at first I didn't believe it so I told ele and apperently he had a kind of virus so after a little while he discovered that NW was the cause of this. Pretty laughable actually. the server had more players than FE, BU so theykindafucked up by crreating that keylogger.

Thing is, it was the only server in such a long time that actually kept me coming back over a longer period than a day.. I never bothered to download the new client because I just like the way it was basically original EO except with AOE and a new environment. But now that there's all these warnings for their client, I doubt I'll be going back to it again :L Back to EE :P 
---
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144158 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning
DanScott posted: (10th Jun 2012, 03:09 pm)

Hollows posted: (10th Jun 2012, 03:04 pm)

Anyway, some guy claimed to have leaked EOSource, FE addons and shit. at first I didn't believe it so I told ele and apperently he had a kind of virus so after a little while he discovered that NW was the cause of this. Pretty laughable actually. the server had more players than FE, BUsotheykindafucked up by crreating that keylogger.

Thing is, it was the only server in such a long time that actually kept me coming back over a longer period than a day.. I never bothered to download the new client because I just like the way it was basically original EO except with AOE and a new environment. But now that there's all thesewarningsfor their client, I doubt I'll be going back to it again :L Back to EE :P 

Just a few hours before the incident I paid a visit to New worlds because I was kinda suprised how it had 30 players but I luckily just like you didn't download the client. To be honnest I didn't even know there was a client of new worlds until ele discovered that it had a virus. So yeah.. I was quite lucky :P
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #144160 Re: "New Worlds" malware warning

I got bored of EE ,downloaded the new client of new worlds,was a good server it's a shame that it had keylogger or w.e.

Ign (paul)

---
Private server IGN :Paul,Powellop

Old main IGn :powelloppp,paulp.
11 years, 47 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > "New Worlds" malware warning