EOSERV Forum > Artists > GFX Request
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
GFX Request
Post #140023 GFX Request

Is this the right section to post this in?

If not please could it be moved? Thanks.

Anyway...

I was wondering if anyone had recreated all or most of the EO GFX files including skins, HUD, monsters/NPC, weapons and armour. Close to everything.

I know that single files have been recreated over time but I'm looking for as many recreated files as possible, all following the same artistic style if possible.

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm planning on rebuilding Endless Online into an entirely new game rather than just a server but for obvious reasons I can't use the graphics from the original game.

12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #140034 Re: GFX Request

There are 2 current servers which is famous, one is a custom server/client (Bones Underground) and a remake of EO (Endless Edge). Also you need a lot of artist to replace all the gfx, even you check the both said server, you will see that they still have the "EO" taste just because not all of them are replaced yet, even though the both said server have the finest artists, more time will be consumed to replace all of the gfx to rebuild it. Also each artists have different styles, and techniques so I don't think that a 1 style artist can finish making all the replacement for each gfx. Hope you understand it well, have a good day. =]

---
-Facepalm Fest = Win-
Hi, I'm Bluee, the Offtopic Prince. Problem?
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #140046 Re: GFX Request

I'd suggest if your making an different game all together your best way to get a team of artist would be to show a prototype of the game. People are less likely to join your team or help on a lost cause. Now if artist see the game is in fact in development they'd join. If you want it based like EO then just use some EO graphics for the testing and showing how far along your game engine is.

Once you have a basic game engine with some demo play, doesn't have to be bug free or networked. As long as it's playable, you can post your game on different sites including freelancers as there are plenty of people that wish to do artwork for a game.

I wish you look with your project and hope this information comes in handy in your progress.

---
I am an alien and not crazy!
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #140065 Re: GFX Request
Desmond posted: (11th Apr 2012, 02:09 pm)

I'd suggest if your making an different game all together your best way to get a team of artist would be to show a prototype of the game. People are less likely to join your team or help on a lost cause. Now if artist see the game is in fact in development they'd join. If you want it basedlikeEO then just use some EO graphics for the testing and showing how far along your game engine is.

Once you have a basic game engine with some demo play, doesn't have to be bug free or networked. As long as it's playable, you can post your game on different sites including freelancers as there are plenty of people that wish to do artwork for a game.

I wish you look with your project and hope this information comes in handy in your progress.

Agreed.

and btw luck* :P
---
Yep.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Artists > GFX Request