EOSERV Forum > Seose > Port Forwarding Guide
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Port Forwarding Guide
Post #8761 Port Forwarding Guide
Hello, My name is Desirable and I will show you how to forward your ports. This tutorial may not make sense because im using BTHomeHub2 and you may use others.

Intro::

Forwarding ports may not sound important but it's essential if you want to make a public server for everyone to enjoy.

Step 1. Type your external IP into the address bar. Please PM me with the router type if it doesn't work.

Step 2. Click on settings, then login. If you have either lost, or forgot your password. You must press the "Reset to Defaults" button on the side of your Router. Don't worry, it wont break the router but you might have to re-enable some stuff.

Step 3. When your on settings, click Advanced Settings and the click Continue to Advanced Settings

Step 4. Click the Application Sharing link near the top of the page.

You should now see a new menu. In this new menu, click Supported Applications.

Step 5. Click the Add new game or application button near the center of the page.

Step 6. We will list a series of lines here that will show you exactly how to forward the ports you need to forward. Seose requires you to forward the 8078 ports.

Step 7. Enter in the information shown below:

Click For Image

CLICK APPLY

Step 8. Now, click back on Supported Applications and click Add new game or application again.

Step 9. Enter in the information shown below:

Click For Image

CLICK APPLY

Step 9. Now click on Configuration. Use the scoll down box and find EO Server (FTP) and select the device (Computer) to apply the changes to. And do the same for EO Server (UDP)

End

Like I said, this guide was for BTHoneHub2 mainly, but some features may be the same on other routers. Go to portforward.com to find out how to forward ports using other routers.

Thank you

Edited by Scott: Please scale your images or post a link to them. I've fixed your post.
14 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #8767 Re: Port Forwarding Guide

There is no reason to forward the UDP port. EOSERV/Seose doesn't use UDP.

14 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #23322 Re: Port Forwarding Guide

Hey I Got Telstra Broadband But When Ever open my SEOSE pannle thingi it always says

SLN: No Server Could Connect To Server Connection Timed Out

Please Help ME!! (Btw My Servers Up) Lol R U Kidding Scott U Minusd Me 4 Tht Lol Thts Something 2 Point Out Now Minus

14 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #27400 Re: Port Forwarding Guide

hey i need help with mine it doesnt have the same categoris as his, mines a Belkin router F5D7234-4

14 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #28643 Re: Port Forwarding Guide

Nevermind figured it out xD.

Hurleydude: Go to this site - http://www.portforward.com/

Find your modem, click it.

It'll then say "If you do not see the program you are forwarding ports for, be sure to visit our Default Guide for this router" <---Click "Default Guide".

It'll then say "By default the ip address should be set to 10.0.0.138." down the bottom of all the writing. If it doesn't have those exact numbers, copy the ones it does have, and paste it into your address bar (www.google.com.au for example), hit Enter. It'll then come up with your Modems firewall settings.

Follow the instructions on portforward.com on how to configure your modem until you're done.

Good luck :P

14 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #29475 Re: Port Forwarding Guide

I CANT GET IT WRKIN HELP ME

What did i do wrong when i find my netgear router and put it in i cant get the username and pass right help me
14 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #33697 Re: Port Forwarding Guide

default pass is password and user is admin

14 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #33702 Re: Port Forwarding Guide
Robochafe posted: (5th Jan 2010 09:02 pm)

I CANT GET IT WRKIN HELP ME

What did i do wrong when i find my netgear router and put it in i cant get the username and pass right help me

Angry? Pretty big letters... Anyways, Try these usernames "Admin" "1234" "username" and these passwords "Admin" "1234" "*none*" *no password! if noone works then you need check your manual for router what it says or ask from owner of router ("Probably your parents or something") if you own it then  you should know it!
---
Eoserv classes: Forum ghost, test player, ex-server owner, TOP 50, mapper & an
oldbie
14 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #33703 Re: Port Forwarding Guide

Also default data might be:
login : <nothing>
pass : admin

14 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #36634 Re: Port Forwarding Guide

OmG Mine Won't Work its says its taking too long to load soo it stops Plz HELP (btw its a BTHomeHub2)

14 years, 1 week ago
Post #36638 Re: Port Forwarding Guide

Now a days the most commen log in info to ur router is "user: admin pass: admin"

with out the ""

In the mean time i'm making a tutorial on how to Portforward, So keep an eye out.

EDIT: Ok Sordie.

14 years, 1 week ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Seose > Port Forwarding Guide