Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
EOSERV 0.6.0
Post #136753 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

Then warp into jail yourself and then warp the player to you <.<

---
Former multi-server mapper.
12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #136843 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

firon check into your misc.ini located in the config folder. in there should be a section with this:

## JailMap, JailX, JailY (number)
# Map+location players are sent when jailed
JailMap =
JailX =
JailY = 

Make sure u have that filled out properly.

12 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #138760 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0
Sausage posted: (2nd Feb 2012, 06:51 pm)

fruity posted: (2nd Feb 2012, 06:49 pm)

Sausage posted: (2nd Feb 2012, 06:48 pm)

fruity posted: (2nd Feb 2012, 06:47 pm)

Hey will you be adding pets ? if not you should definiately add mining and fishing as omost every server uses them..

No... Mining and fishing in EO is fucking stupid.
the point of having a private server is to make your server different from EO

The point of a server emulator is to emulate EO, and such novel features simply don't belong in the core of EOSERV. If you like, given EOSERV is open source, you can write them yourself; maybe even write them in EO++ one day.

Trololololol~ Sausage<3
---
Former EOSERV.net Administrator.
12 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #139432 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0
kodyt posted: (11th Feb 2012, 01:01 am)

So I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but talking with Reemus after having him upgrade to 6.0 it seems the server doesn't update the pubfiles to the client. Anyone else have this issue ?? 

yes just had the same thing happen to me. find myself editing and pasteng a fresh copy into client everytime i edit the pub files in the server folder. it stops loading about half way threw. and glitches other half.

edit.... also have had something happen a few times on the server when all the npc's become unkillable. they dont take any damage, or anything. only a server restart fixes it.

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
12 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #140802 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

I found out why jail kicks the user. :o The command looks like this in src\commands\moderation.cpp

void Jail(const std::vector<std::string>& arguments, Command_Source* from, bool announce = true)

{

Character* victim = from->SourceWorld()->GetCharacter(arguments[0]);

do_punishment(from, victim, std::mem_fn(&World::Kick), announce);

It should be this though:

void Jail(const std::vector<std::string>& arguments, Command_Source* from, bool announce = true)

{

Character* victim = from->SourceWorld()->GetCharacter(arguments[0]);

do_punishment(from, victim, std::mem_fn(&World::Jail), announce);

All you gota do is replace Kick with Jail ;o

I'm sure everyone figured it out by now but just incase.

12 years, 1 week ago
Post #140805 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

just wanted to post that i noticed that if a player walks across or  on the x and or y 127 the server forces a refresh every time. well atleast on my maps. has any one else with a map that is bigger than 127 x or y noticed this?

---
Think Outside The Box.

12 years, 1 week ago
Post #140806 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

Thats an interesting bug o.o I feel like checking it out now

Edit: Don't know if this is important but the packet size for a regular refresh packet sent to the client is 60, but the one i get from the bug you explained is 66 in size. :o

12 years, 1 week ago
Post #140808 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0
Ryouken posted: (22nd Apr 2012, 05:44 am)

Thats an interesting bug o.o I feel like checking it out now

Edit: Don't know if this is important but the packet size for a regular refresh packet sent to the client is 60, but the one i get from the bug you explained is 66 in size. :o

then you get the same thing happen to you then? at first i thought i glitched something but noticed it on other maps as well.

---
Think Outside The Box.

12 years, 1 week ago
Post #140809 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

Yea, I'm not sure its a refresh packet :o although its kind of odd the client still takes it when not told to wait for it. I'm not sure what it is :s

Edit again: Oh hey, the size of a small integer ranges -128 to 127 when signed. This might have something to do with the variable type for some map coordinates being too small? I'm weird so i look into random stuff xD this seemed to match the case though so I figured I should share it.

12 years, 1 week ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > EOSERV 0.6.0