EOSERV Forum > Announcements > EOSERV 0.6.0
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
EOSERV 0.6.0
Post #128227 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

was reading the Quest Refrence and almost fell out of my chair.  i think this is very nice. and happy to see it going in this direction. great release.

question. was reading threw the guide and refrence, but did'nt see a quest action to set the players home in quest? or did i miss it. 

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
12 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #128228 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

I'm quite interested in seeing how the two-handed function will work as well. Is that a new sheet? Or, could you please explain that in more detail?

---
Oh, it's you.
[Omni, Seraphim, Idea, Returnity]
12 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #128231 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

Great update, especially the stat level rule, I've been waiting for something like this to be added!

---
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
12 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #128250 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

i would like to see dual in more detail :| because i don't know what to do for that

12 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #128251 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0
devingg posted: (2nd Feb 2012, 09:43 pm)

I'm quite interested in seeing how the two-handed function will work as well. Is that a new sheet? Or, could you please explain that in more detail?

It wont be a new sheet. That wlould require a custom client, as the current client can only support the sprites that are there already.
I assume its just a variation of shield's but with some cool features.
12 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #128262 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0
Nerrevar posted: (2nd Feb 2012, 11:11 pm)

It wont be a new sheet. That wlould require a custom client, as the current client can only support the sprites that are there already.
The entire concept is just a little odd though. In no frame does the sprite use both hands, and the shield is just equipped, never actually used. I can understand how dual wielding works, as you just need to pixel the off-hand weapon where the shield would normally go, and assign it attack points rather than defense points. But a two-handed?
I just don't get it quite yet. A screenie of the feature in-use would be splendid.
---
Oh, it's you.
12 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #128323 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0
make posted: (2nd Feb 2012, 09:41 pm)

was reading the Quest Refrence and almost fell out of my chair.  i think this is very nice. and happy to see it going in this direction. great release.

question. was reading threw the guide and refrence, but did'nt see a quest action to set the players home in quest? or did i miss it. 

Yeah, the quest actions are kinda limited right now, there's not much you can do to affect the player yet. Hoping to cover everything by 0.6.1.
12 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #128327 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0
devingg posted: (3rd Feb 2012, 12:11 am)

The entire concept is just a little odd though. In no frame does the sprite use both hands, and the shield is just equipped, never actually used. I can understand how dual wielding works, as you just need to pixel the off-hand weapon where the shield would normally go, and assign it attack pointsrather than defense points. But a two-handed?
I just don't get it quite yet. A screenie of the feature in-use would be splendid.

There's no graphical indication of a two-handed weapon, it's just a feature that came along with the dual-wield system, and something that EOSEP and the EOSEP pub editor has had listed for a long time. The one duel-wield weapon I tested with did look pretty silly not attacking, but maybe someone's custom client one day will add two-handed stances and attack animations.

12 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #128402 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0
Sausage posted: (3rd Feb 2012, 06:34 am)

devingg posted: (3rd Feb 2012, 12:11 am)

The entire concept is just a little odd though. In no frame does the sprite use both hands, and the shield is just equipped, never actually used. I can understand how dual wielding works, as you just need to pixel the off-hand weapon where the shield would normally go, and assign it attack pointsrather than defense points. But a two-handed?

There's no graphical indication of a two-handed weapon, it's just a feature that came along with the dual-wield system, and something that EOSEP and the EOSEP pub editor has had listed for a long time. The one duel-wield weapon I tested with did look pretty silly not attacking, but maybe someone's custom client one day will add two-handed stances and attack animations.

Is it possible to see a small little video or a screenie of both attack and non? I'd love to see it in action. (I'm a weaponaholic. c:)

---
Oh, it's you.
12 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #128547 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

Adding quests wont work for me not sure what I am doing wrong. I used apollos guide saved my quest as 00001.eqf and put it into my quest folder but when I run eoserv it says 0 quests loaded.

---
Endless Society Web : EndlessSociety.co.cc
      Forums : EndlessSociety-Forums.co.cc
            *Coming in April*
12 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #128558 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0
Stealthy Sphinx posted: (4th Feb 2012, 03:49 am)

Adding quests wont work for me not sure what I am doing wrong. I used apollos guide saved my quest as 00001.eqf and put it into my quest folder but when I run eoserv it says 0 quests loaded.

You need at least one Quest-type NPC with a vendor ID of 1 ("Quest Script" in EditPub).
12 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #128566 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

I did that may it have something to do with the way my file saved such as i saved it as .eqf but it is still considered a text document

---
            *Coming in April*
12 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #128571 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

@stealthy. if this is the first time adding a quest file, you have to set a npc"monster" with a quest id number, and in your quest it will point to what ever npc you want in the next state.

@sausage im finding this rev to be bad ass so far.

the error log with quest errors helps alot with changeng from my old rev to this.

if we find any bugs should we post them here or somewhere or a simple pm?

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
12 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #128578 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

I did my quest is focused at npc 15 shop bob with quest ID=1 and here is my quest

Main
{
    questname    "Birth of a Hero"
    version        1.0
}
State Begin
{
    action AddNpcText(1, "Look over there. That's Focus Tower, once the heart of the world.");
    action AddNpcText(1, "An old prophecy says, ''The vile 4 will steal the power, and divide the world behind 4 doors.");
    action AddNpcText(1, "At that time the knight will appear.'' The prophecy has come true.");
    action AddNpcText(1, "4 monsters have locked the doors of the Focus Tower and escaped with the keys.");
    action AddNpcText(1, "They're draining the light from the 4 crystals of the earth, and the world is in chaos. The people are in desperate need of help");
    action AddNpcText(1, "Only you can save the crystals and the world.");
    action AddNpcInput(1, 1, "Me?");
    action AddNpcText(1, "Yes you! Only you could be the knight spoken of in the prophecy...");

rule    TalkedToNpc(1) goto KillBehemoth   
}      
State KillBehemoth
{
    desc    "Kill the Behemoth
    action AddNpcText(1, "Look out! A monster!";

rule    KilledNpcs(2, 1) goto TalkToOldMan
}
State TalkToOldMan
{
    desc    "Talk with old man"
    action AddNpcText(1, "Seems I was right! At last I've found a true knight!");
    action AddNpcInput(1, 1, "But you said you were SURE I was the one!");
    action AddNpcText(1, "Well, actually it was more of a guess...");
    action AddNpcInput(1, 1, "Forget it. Just tell me where I can find the crystals.");
    action AddNpcText(1, "It's up to you to find them.");
    action AddNpcText(1, "This place is becoming dangerous meet me in the Level Forest!");
}
State End
{

}

---
            *Coming in April*
12 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #128580 Re: EOSERV 0.6.0

Look at the end of the action lines, you forgot to close most of them;

action AddNpcText(1, "Look over there. That's Focus Tower, once the heart of the world.");
    action AddNpcText(1, "An old prophecy says, ''The vile 4 will steal the power, and divide the world behind 4 doors.");
    action AddNpcText(1, "At that time the knight will appear.'' The prophecy has come true.");
    action AddNpcText(1, "4 monsters have locked the doors of the Focus Tower and escaped with the keys.");
    action AddNpcText(1, "They're draining the light from the 4 crystals of the earth, and the world is in chaos. The people are in desperate need of help");
    action AddNpcText(1, "Only you can save the crystals and the world.");
    action AddNpcInput(1, 1, "Me?");
    action AddNpcText(1, "Yes you! Only you could be the knight spoken of in the prophecy...");

---
"Pineapples and shit."
12 years, 13 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > EOSERV 0.6.0