EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > is it a bad idea?
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
is it a bad idea?
Post #121919 is it a bad idea?

update i guess.

STill in the pixel dream land and still pushing the client to the limits?

players and pixlers have asked many times before about mount idea. ya it can be done.

b

c

d

e

tall grass. possible, but hard to map.

g

h

differant players and attacks, possible yes.

armor and skin shops done eoserv 6.0 way :)

im still working on pushing the client limits more. but not going to show that work at the moment. once i finish to my standard, all are welcome to these if wanted.

orig topic here ....

Alright, I been In My Little pixel dream land, and was working on how far i can push the eo client. Sordie was tryng meow, and Mini games.
So I been tryng differant idea's and tryng to basicly hack the eo screen with clickable bottons/inv npc's and quest system/sign's and want to know if you think im off my rocker here. or is it realy possible to make say, card games, or other mini games.

here i got 6 on screen bottons that can be clicked and open dialog boxes.

Even a player command #help to warp the player to a map with the differant options.inv skin to hide the player, or just could make eo even more player friendly with some more help screen options in this style.

is it doomed to epic failure?

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121921 Re: is it a bad idea?

I like the idea, how could you make the buttons on screen though?

---
420Иﻜ0o
"The Lord is a shoving leopard."
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121922 Re: is it a bad idea?

The year just started but I think you win the most creative use of the EO client for 2012.

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121923 Re: is it a bad idea?

the screen is one object, on a black map, with the whole thing covered in wall tiles and inv npc's with no names under the top two bottons and the bottom 4 have, basic signs at the moment. im testing useng the quest system for the differant options,with open dialog boxes or silent warps to a mapthat looks the same, but with maybe differant text.

its working out nicely so far, cant realy tell that its all fake at all, i would be glade to post the man template for the object. if anyone wants to see how im basicly hacking the screen to make it look like bottons.

@sausage Thank you, i hope maybe others will find ways to use something like this.

---
Think Outside The Box.

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121924 Re: is it a bad idea?
make posted: (10th Jan 2012, 07:38 am)

the screen is one object, on a black map, with the whole thing covered in wall tiles and inv npc's with no names under the top two bottons and the bottom 4 have, basic signs at the moment. im testing useng the quest system for the differant options,with open dialog boxes or silent warps to a mapthat looks the same, but with maybe differant text.

its working out nicely so far, cant realy tell that its all fake at all, i would be glade to post the man template for the object. if anyone wants to see how im basicly hacking the screen to make it look like bottons.

Id like to see
---
420Иﻜ0o
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121925 Re: is it a bad idea?

this is the gfx bitmap im useng as the one object,

and heres how i am placeng the npc and signs on the map

if i can get mediafire to work i will post a link to the map.

the two groups of npc's are the same in each group so no matter what one in the group you click, it opens the same quest dialog box.

---
Think Outside The Box.

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121926 Re: is it a bad idea?

If you want the server to get a chance to do something with the clicks you could either use board tile specs or place invisible quest NPCs over each of the buttons, then override board/npc clicks for characters on the menu maps.

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121927 Re: is it a bad idea?

well i cant code, useng the inv npc's and no npc names with the quest system is as far as i can get it, i tried the signs on the bottom ones to see how it would work.

just another idea i was messing wit, i just like to pixel and see what i can twist next. :)

---
Think Outside The Box.

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121942 Re: is it a bad idea?

Very interesting!

---
Web developer, currently looking for graphic artists / designers.
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #122022 Re: is it a bad idea?

looks fun you should definitly trying to make something from this!

---
opensource isometric game engine ~ www.avac-engine.blogspot.com
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #122023 Re: is it a bad idea?

I totally think your idea should be combined with this:

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/17281&p=1

---
| Main player | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Godly karma | Oldbie | i have my
own class named bacon | bacon | Top 50 |

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #122025 Re: is it a bad idea?
Serj posted: (10th Jan 2012, 06:52 pm)

I totally think your idea should be combined with this:

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/17281&p=1

sorry but or i misread,misunderstand your post or it doesn't make sense? he's trying to use some specs and a easy GUI as a object to use the current EOclient for trying what's possible with the current eoclient

---
opensource isometric game engine ~ www.avac-engine.blogspot.com
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #122027 Re: is it a bad idea?

Well sorry if you ain't got my imagination =3

---
| Main player | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Godly karma | Oldbie | i have my
own class named bacon | bacon | Top 50 |

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #122047 Re: is it a bad idea?
Serj posted: (10th Jan 2012, 07:01 pm)

Well sorry if you ain't got my imagination =3

that has nothing to do with your imagination, trying to add it to another client would be stupid, if its coded from scratch and he can change anything/add anything then he could easily make it so buttons are on the screen. He did it without that.
---
420Иﻜ0o
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #122058 Re: is it a bad idea?

Woah, you're the only one i know that has done so much with how little the EO client provides. Very nice ideas, and not only about this but also the pixel edits you managed to do to the EO objects and tiles. 

---
申し訳ありません~~
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > is it a bad idea?