No Links

[inb4 removed link]

---
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
12 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #121992 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Zelda posted: (10th Jan 2012, 05:11 pm)

And now you are spamming again very nice>

"We" aren't, somebody from here could be though. The thread has already been closed, so who the fuck is it?

Whoever is posting over there, let them cry in peace. We have nothing further to do.
---
EOSERV.net Academy Of Trolls, Satirists & Sarcastics
5.5 Years Former Site Administrator / Moderation Team / Member (Retired)
12 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #121995 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose

The name was Klutz. I don´t know if he is too sad and he comes to post on forum or anything, but i think you guys are too nervous... It´s not PMT day ok?

---
Nice, Get Hacked Bro.
12 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #121997 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Zelda posted: (10th Jan 2012, 05:40 pm)

The name was Klutz. I don´t know if he is too sad and he comes to post on forum or anything, but i think you guys are too nervous... It´s not PMT day ok?

I post on the forum because I use the related software, and I'm only interested in the general prowess of said forum community. End of.
---
Web developer, currently looking for graphic artists / designers.
12 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #122287 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose

Not gonna lie, I had a fair few lolz reading this topic. One thing I fail to understand is how you could forget about that command XD? It is a bit silly but from what I can see it was a sincere mistake and not something that anyone should hold a grudge for. IMO, Hollow has always tried to help the community so I don't think he'd have purposly tried to sabotage any individual.. But still I think if you want security & stability I'd suggest using Vodka Tbh. If you want to be on the development side of things I'd stick to EOSERV :)

---
If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #124326 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Hollow posted: (10th Jan 2012, 05:03 pm)

Syran posted: (10th Jan 2012, 04:42 pm)

Hollow posted: (10th Jan 2012, 03:41 pm)

Experiment posted: (10th Jan 2012, 02:16 pm)

Hollow posted: (10th Jan 2012, 01:34 pm)

Experiment posted: (10th Jan 2012, 12:56 am)

Oh, yeah, look what's at the bottom of admin.ini.. :-o Watch out for the servers you've logged into.

## OTHER PRIVILEGES ##

# Allow killing of non-combat NPCs (they respawn near-instantly)

killnpc = 1

# Allow deletion of board posts

boardmod = 1

# Recieve reports and allows access to AdminBoard

reports = 1

# Allows #nowall (walk through walls)

nowall = 3

# See hidden players

seehide = 4

# Logs players chats

ChatLogging = yes

# Logs account info

AccountLogs = no

The account logs is no backdoor to begin with. Otherwise it wouldn't be optional.....? It's default off to keep people from abusing it. I was even planning to remove it in 1.4 before this senseless topic was made. I didevenannouncethattheaccountloggingfeaturewasoptionalinthepastversions.

I know it's not a backdoor, I'm just saying it shouldn't be there. :P

lol alright :P Just saying, it's removed now anyways :D

@klutz What do people have to fear? There's no other backdoor so we can't really do anything.
And what does this have to do with proxy spam lol....? If someone's spamming than it's not me or ele or anyone from EOSource. Although our forum was spammed the other day.

Geez.. don't make it worse than it already is. It's up to you if you trust us or not but now talking about spam? That's not cool.

He said poxy, not proxy. There's a difference. And by spam he is referring to everyone posting in this topic and completely drowning out the recent posts list on the home page of these forums.

Sorry thought he said proxy. And yes slorb according to us it's solved. I don't think people should make a big deal of this because i mean, It's removed? So.. I don't see a problem anymore. But also as i said it's up to you if you trust it or not. I don't want to keep fighting and if it'suptomethisfight is over right now. But that's me, But i think i'm done replying to this topic since the point is clear. Well have fun EOSERV :) Im off doing some stuff.
Yes people should make a big deal because you did that all to just steal accounts like Elevations. This forum shouldn't allow people like that to register... and yes I like trolling people without a real cause.

12 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #139789 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose

What are the possible things you can do so that you won't be backdoored?

---
-Facepalm Fest = Win-
Hi, I'm Bluee, the Offtopic Prince. Problem?
12 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #139790 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Bluee(Jozh) posted: (8th Apr 2012, 11:36 am)

This "Backdoor" was removed as soon as this whole misunderstanding was established. EOSource is now at version 2.9 with no bugs.
12 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #140954 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Loading.. posted: (8th Apr 2012, 11:41 am)

Bluee(Jozh) posted: (8th Apr 2012, 11:36 am)

This "Backdoor" was removed as soon as this whole misunderstanding was established. EOSource is now at version 2.9 with no bugs.

It wasn't a bug, according to what I just read...which is 15 pages of bitching.

Also, NECRO POWERS ACTIVATE.
---
Wish upon a star!
12 years, 1 week ago
Post #141091 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Mattâ„¢ posted: (9th Jan 2012, 03:42 am)

Really having a backdoor in EOsource is relatively the same as what Sordie did with SEOSE. So I understand why Hollow wouldn't be banned, if he was it would only be fair Sordie should too, but she's too cute to ban.

Seose has a backdoor that was indented to help me debug problems and improve the server. For this reason there is absolutely no admin command that allows you to view peoples passwords. There is NO valid reason for this. You'll not find one Seose server owner that has had me abuse this backdoor. Although abusable, the Seose backdoor simply granted me admin access to find and solve problems. The EOsource backdoor dumps peoples usernames and passwords. You could argue that this has some use for recovering forgotten password but I think we can all see this has no actual legitimate use and was added for one reason only. I'd also like to point out that the EOsource backdoor was easily found and the Seose backdoor was fairly well hidden (and keyed) to the point where nobody had access to it until I released it. For the one reason of trying to force people to stop using the closed source, bug full, Seose and attempt to move a stale community forward. Which lets face it; Worked! Nobody really uses Seose now.

I could also take the stand that I wrote Seose and by enabling the server (setting TermsAgreed=True in the configuration) you are agreeing to the terms within Seose.txt. Whereas EOsource is based on EOSERV and.. well, that's up to Sausage, not me.

...but I will not take that stand or use it as an excuse to "hack" anyone because:

A) I'm not that kind of person.

B) That wouldn't have helped me promote Seose in any way.

C) I don't give a shit about any of your other server account because whilst you care about what untangible e-goods you collect, you have to remember us actual programmers created these goods and can duplicated them by their billions, make new and better goods, even whole new worlds at our will.

So please, please, don't ever compare the Seose backdoor to the EOsource one until you really understand the difference between a backdoor that allows the author (that actually owns the server software) to test various things on a live server with actual players against  a backdoor that simply dumps peoples personal information in the hope that they use the same information on other servers.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
12 years, 1 week ago
Post #142718 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose

I sense danger, I thought they're free against malwares. :(

11 years, 50 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 ... 13 14 15 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > EO Server Backdoor Warnings