EOSERV Forum > Announcements > EO Server Backdoor Warnings
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >>
EO Server Backdoor Warnings
Post #121822 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Zelda posted: (9th Jan 2012, 10:28 pm)

Now listen, I don´t think it´s right to say that Sausage is a fag or block his connection, nor the backdoor, but Sausage, I don´t think is right you try to convince ppl to stop using Eosource, this is too childish.

People deserve to be warned when a derivative product goes rogue and starts doing malicious things to people's servers.

What's childish is all the people somehow thinking it's some "EOSERV vs EOSource" or "Sausage vs Elevations" war and flinging shit back and forth across communities.

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121823 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Zelda posted: (9th Jan 2012, 10:28 pm)

Now listen, I don´t think it´s right to say that Sausage is a fag or block his connection, nor the backdoor, but Sausage, I don´t think is right you try to convince ppl to stop using Eosource, this is too childish.

yeah, let us know that there's a major backdoor that can steal your accounts most valuable info, but encourage us to keep using it.
---
420Иﻜ0o
"The Lord is a shoving leopard."
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121824 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose

Pretty much this topic was to alert users of the potential threat that Elevations has been pulling on people for the biggest part of the last 3 years. No one is picking on him or making stuff up about him. These are facts and this is real. You think this sort of thing helps the private server commuunity? Look what happened to the FE player base. Even better, what happens when the private server community as a whole is damaged from the threat of having their personal data compromised. Most people know how to prevent this, but those that aren't computer savy will not bother with private servers on  any level. Now there is a hard-coded block on Sausage's HDID as an attempt to keep him from finding other things in this updated and supposedly "secure" build. Plain text passwords are still loaded into memory? What did you do, change the user command to something that wouldn't be obvious? Anyway, you should really get some background on this guy. Hollow said it was code left over from long ago, yet since the conversion from "Ice&Fire" to EOSource this backdoor was added. This happened within the last 6 months, there is no way it was forgotten, and there is enough talk from people that listen to Ele rants that suggest this backdoor was intentional and the purpose was to hijack logins on other servers. As I said before, everything in EOSource has been released here before. The need for closed source on that shitty build isn't needed unless you really do have something to hide(which is more than obvious since the passwords are still stored into memory as plaintext, good job in removing/altering the commands as a front to cover your asses). 

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121825 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Apollo posted: (9th Jan 2012, 10:49 pm)

Pretty much this topic was to alert users of the potential threat that Elevations has been pulling on people for the biggest part of the last 3 years. No one is picking on him or making stuff up about him. These are facts and this is real. You think this sort of thing helpstheprivateservercommuunity? Look what happened to the FE player base. Even better, what happens when the private server community as a whole is damaged from the threat of having their personal data compromised. Most people know how to prevent this, but those that aren't computer savy will notbotherwithprivateservers on  any level. Now there is a hard-coded block on Sausage's HDID as an attempt to keep him from finding other things in this updated and supposedly "secure" build. Plain text passwords are still loaded into memory? What did you do, change the user commandtosomethingthatwouldn't be obvious? Anyway, you should really get some background on this guy. Hollow said it was code left over from long ago, yet since the conversion from "Ice&Fire" to EOSource this backdoor was added. This happened within the last 6 months, there is no way itwasforgotten, andthereis enough talk from people that listen to Ele rants that suggest this backdoor was intentional and the purpose was to hijack logins on other servers. As I said before, everything in EOSource has been released here before. The need for closed sourceonthat shittybuildisn't needed unless you really do have something to hide(which is more than obvious since the passwords are still stored into memory as plaintext, good job in removing/altering the commands as a front to cover your asses). 

Well once again no evidence of this? Find this so called new command before jumping to conclusions again.

@Sausage if this is not some EOSERV vs EOSource war then what is it? Because honestly i see no reason to keep this thread open if it's not some kind of war? every post been made is like one big war fight! and i think zelda is much right that it's very childish.

Example:

THIS IS MY OPINION NO THIS IS MY OPINION NO YOUR WRONG NO GOT EVIDENCE NO BUT YOUR WRONG! war war war, war never changes.

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121826 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose

I still think this is kind of funny. This player command has been there the whole time the source got closed. Now it has been brought to light. Requesting passwords of administrators on peoples servers. Big deal, just edit the thing out and go on with life. Most of all don't EVER use the same password for everything. Now the community knows who to suspect. There's no reason to continue arguing over this matter. The people who're at fault are the one's at fault simple as that. Next time watch out who you trust.

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_DFVzxsEUc
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121827 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Madao posted: (9th Jan 2012, 11:05 pm)

I still think this is kind of funny. This player command has been there the whole time the source got closed. Now it has been brought to light. Requesting passwords of administrators on peoples servers. Big deal, just edit the thing out and go on with life. Most of all don't EVER use the samepassword for everything. Now the community knows who to suspect. There's no reason to continue arguing over this matter. The people who're at fault are the one's at fault simple as that. Next time watch out who you trust.

Yes Sausage has now "exposed" the person who steal password and we know who to suspect now, yep one word of elevations and we know he has stolen a password.

Even though hollow just explained the command was not added by elevations into eosource?

Good work there suspecting..
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121828 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
jinga posted: (9th Jan 2012, 11:07 pm)

I still think this is kind of funny. This player command has been there the whole time the source got closed. Now it has been brought to light. Requesting passwords of administrators on peoples servers. Big deal, just edit the thing out and go on with life. Most of all don'tEVERusethesamepassword for everything. Now the community knows who to suspect. There's no reason to continue arguing over this matter. The people who're at fault are the one's at fault simple as that. Next time watch out who you trust.

Yes Sausage has now "exposed" the person who steal password and we know who to suspect now, yep one word of elevations and we know he has stolen a password.

Even though hollow just explained the command was not added by elevations into eosource?

Actually  go read the hole post by hollow he 1st says ele doesn't know about it then retracts it and on the shoutbox ele admits to knowing about this an blames hollow for not removing it. But it honestly doesn't matter, an why would he lock the topic? Then others wont really notice it.. an wont be warned! 

On top of that it seems the only people still  continuing  this "cross community"  argument  is you an that thairasha person... 

» elevations - 09-01-15:14 -- as i said before it was an old command on hollowfication online that we used incase

I'm assuming none of you where on during this time:

» elevations - 09-01-14:07 -- I will quickly remove the bug and reupload it as his clean revision most likely has backdoors in it aswell.
» elevations - 09-01-14:07 -- i'm not trying to cover my own ass its the truth and i dont think what sausage done is much better than this. Because now he is abusing it onservers.
» Experiment - 09-01-14:05 -- Stop trying to cover your ass.
» elevations - 09-01-14:04 -- and before you jump to conclusion that it is my fault for the broken code no hollow had forgot to remove it from his old game.
» elevations - 09-01-14:03 -- that is pathetic.
» elevations - 09-01-14:03 -- and i didn't know sausage needed to hack into peoples closed source revisions and find broken codes to make eoserv look better.
---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121829 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
kodyt posted: (9th Jan 2012, 11:17 pm)

I still think this is kind of funny. This player command has been there the whole time the source got closed. Now it has been brought to light. Requesting passwords of administrators on peoples servers. Big deal, just edit the thing out and go on with life. Most of alldon'tEVERusethesamepassword for everything. Now the community knows who to suspect. There's no reason to continue arguing over this matter. The people who're at fault are the one's at fault simple as that. Next time watch out who you trust.

Actually  go read the hole post by hollow he 1st says ele doesn't know about it then retracts it and on the shoutbox ele admits to knowing about this an blameshollow for not removing it. But it honestly doesn't matter, an why would he lock the topic? Then others wont really notice it.. an wont be warned! 

On top of that it seems the only people still  continuing  this "cross community"  argument  is you an that thairasha person... 

» elevations - 09-01-15:14 -- as i said before it was an old command on hollowfication online that we used incase

» elevations - 09-01-14:07 -- I will quickly remove the bug and reupload it as his clean revision most likely has backdoors in it aswell.
» elevations - 09-01-14:07 -- i'm not trying to cover my own ass its the truth and i dont think what sausage done is much better than this. Because now he is abusing itonservers.
» elevations - 09-01-14:04 -- and before you jump to conclusion that it is my fault for the broken code no hollow had forgot to remove it from his old game.
» elevations - 09-01-14:03 -- that is pathetic.
» elevations - 09-01-14:03 -- and i didn't know sausage needed to hack into peoples closed source revisions and find broken codes to make eoserv look better.
Because Ele didn't know about it until Sausage posted it? DURR HUR

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121830 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
jinga posted: (9th Jan 2012, 11:32 pm)

kodyt posted: (9th Jan 2012, 11:17 pm)

I still think this is kind of funny. This player command has been there the whole time the source got closed. Now it has been brought to light. Requesting passwords of administrators on peoples servers. Big deal, just edit the thing out and go on with life. Most ofalldon'tEVERusethesamepasswordfor everything. Now the community knows who to suspect. There's no reason to continue arguing over this matter. The people who're at fault are the one's at fault simple as that. Next time watch out who you trust.

Actually  go read the hole post by hollow he 1st says ele doesn't know about it then retracts it and on the shoutbox ele admits to knowing about thisanblameshollow for not removing it. But it honestly doesn't matter, an why would he lock the topic? Then others wont really notice it.. an wont be warned! 

» elevations -09-01-14:07-- I will quickly remove the bug and reupload it as his clean revision most likely has backdoors in it aswell.
» elevations -09-01-14:07-- i'm not trying to cover my own ass its the truth and i dont think what sausage done is much better than this. Because now he is abusing itonservers.
» elevations -09-01-14:04-- and before you jump to conclusion that it is my fault for the broken code no hollow had forgot to remove it from his old game.
» elevations -09-01-14:03-- that is pathetic.
» elevations -09-01-14:03-- and i didn't know sausage needed to hack into peoples closed source revisions and find broken codes to make eoserv look better.
Because Ele didn't know about it until Sausage posted it? DURR HUR

Okay? 
All I was doing was pointing out ele new about the "code", wiether he knew it was still active isn't even what I'm on about. 

But anyways it truely doesn't matter, I've noticed more "elefans" have been carrying on the argument then thenon-elefans. 
So like I said I'm not trying to argue or anything but ele did state more then once on the shoutbox he knew about the code, but would never use it an never did use it.

You guys are bitching about suasage fighting, yet if you notice the fights started over on eosource right after casoni closed the thread.. it started on the shoutbox.. then some how you all manged to rage over here about how everyone is putting ele an hollow down.. when its not really everyone its a select few. Me I'm just feeding the fire.. I enjoy watching you all whine. 
---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121831 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Sausage posted: (9th Jan 2012, 10:32 pm)

People deserve to be warned when a derivative product goes rogue and starts doing malicious things to people's servers.

What's childish is all the people somehow thinking it's some "EOSERV vs EOSource" or "Sausage vs Elevations" war and flinging shit back and forth across communities.

What many of these people also fail to realise is that EOSERV.net is still for the purpose of providing users with the tools and knowledge to operate their own private game servers, and such malicious actions on the part of EOSource do not make this community look good as a whole. I'm sure that for anyone looking to join the Endless Online Private Server community, the idea that the tools they're being provided with have been tampered is one that would turn them away almost immediately.

So we need to at least be somewhat defensive. It then comes back to your second point. Where anyone formed the idea that you were using this to launch a tirade against them is anyone's guess. Someone screwed up and for the sake of your community and its members, you called them out on it. That, in my book at least, is commendable.

---
EOSERV.net Academy Of Trolls, Satirists & Sarcastics
5.5 Years Former Site Administrator / Moderation Team / Member (Retired)
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121832 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose

@kodyt He banned me because I can win in a arguement with him. -.- Banned all my accounts. Niglag.

& while I was arguing with ele on EOSource, he changed his story like 4 times, so I wouldn't really believe that it's a 'forgotten command.'

12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121833 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose

Well shit, somebody better cash in on this action!

---
420Иﻜ0o
"The Lord is a shoving leopard."
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121834 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose

Main points:

-There is no practical use in this "hidden" command, other than functioning as a backdoor for the theft of sensitive information.

-The encryption of EOsource 1.4 has no purpose other than to hide the coding. If they're afraid to have even that level of transparency, it seems clear that they're hiding something. Most likely another backdoor.

-Sausage has done this community a service by exposing this massive security hole in a derivative of his own software. If anyone had the right to do this, it was him.

-Doesn't anyone find the fact that Hollow was unaware Elevations had added the Sausage and Exile HDID ban, just a little messed up?

"Well i wasn't even aware of the permanently banned code."

If Ele slips this into EOsource without Hollow knowing, then obviously he can do it with anything else as well. And really, this reflects a lot of basic negligence in the development of EOsource. Elevations is forcing all server owners using the software to keep these people off their server, and Hollow didn't even know about it.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121835 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Cirras posted: (10th Jan 2012, 12:12 am)

Main points:

-There is no practical use in this "hidden" command, other than functioning as a backdoor for the theft of sensitive information.

-The encryption of EOsource 1.4 has no purpose other than to hide the coding. If they're afraid to have even that level of transparency, it seems clear that they're hiding something. Most likely another backdoor.

-Sausage has done this community a service by exposing this massive security hole in a derivative of his own software. If anyone had the right to do this, it was him.

-Doesn't anyone find the fact that Hollow was unaware Elevations had added the Sausage and Exile HDID ban?

If Ele slips this into EOsource without Hollow knowing, then obviously he can do it with anything else as well. And really, this reflects a lot of basic negligence in the development of EOsource. Elevations is forcing all server owners using the software to keep these people off theirserver, and Hollow didn't even know about.

well said, i'm now going to bed
---
Qbot/null
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #121836 Re: Warning: Do not use EOSource or Seose
Cirras posted: (10th Jan 2012, 12:12 am)

Main points:

-Doesn't anyone find the fact that Hollow was unaware Elevations had added the Sausage and Exile HDID ban, just a little messed up?

If Ele slips this into EOsource without Hollow knowing, then obviously he can do it with anything else as well. And really, this reflects a lot of basic negligence in the development of EOsource. Elevations is forcing all server owners using the software to keep these peopleofftheirserver, and Hollow didn't even know about it.

And here we go again jumping to conclusions as if we all know who elevations is. C'mon now elevations is forcing server owners to keep off there server? that makes no sense he's helping people setup servers.

and i think whoever is willing to help is better than watching sausage rant all day how theres 20 thousand backdoors in eosource rather then just do us a favor and make some updates and bug fixes to his own revision.

He is acting like some kind of hero and yet what are we left with? to hate and not trust eosource now woo! now we have no server to use that is much extended like eosource?

Does this mean we should not trust closed revisions anymore like Vodka? so is apollo gonna finally release his open source vodka like we've all been waiting for? nope. So then what have we gained from knowing this knowledge? nothing now we have lost our eosource servers..
12 years, 16 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > EO Server Backdoor Warnings