EOSERV Forum > Seose > IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Post #118661 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
make posted: (11th Dec 2011, 03:19 pm)

i dont think you adding that was wronge. a hax was hard coded into seose. how safe do any of you feel, i wont download "any"closed source again from any one here."

I think it's a brilliant move. You'd be surprised how many times during my tenure here that I pushed to have a kill switch built into EOSERV. There's so many times where it would have come in incredibly handy. Thankfully for you all, Sausage has rejected the idea.

---
EOSERV.net Academy Of Trolls, Satirists & Sarcastics
5.5 Years Former Site Administrator / Moderation Team / Member (Retired)
12 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #118662 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

@ make even if it is open source most of the people on here wouldnt be able to see a backdoor in the code.

---
Love you too.
12 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #118665 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

I tried typing #nt27kk_nfa0-11njk 297 when I was logged on the user "Sassy" I didn't get promoted.

Nvm got it

12 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #118671 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
newguy posted: (11th Dec 2011, 11:10 pm)

@ make even if it is open source most of the people on here wouldnt be able to see a backdoor in the code.

Yes, but that select few of us who do actually know how to code would be bound to expose it one way or another.
---
¨°º¤ø„º°¨ Exile Studios ¨°º„ø¤º°¨
12 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #118678 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

Ahh Death, you have a conscience

---
Love you too.
12 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #118787 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Sordie posted: (7th Dec 2011, 10:18 pm)

Phase two.

Seose hidden command: 

#nt27kk_nfa0-11njk NID

Where "NID" is a unique numeric key generated based on your character name. Anyone care to have some fun hacking before I release the method for generating the key?

EDIT: So this is what I'll do, first I'll let the real "hackers" have a go at finding the key. Then I'll release the source code to the app I use to generate my keys (how I gain admin access to Seose servers) thenI'llreleasethesource to Seose 0.2.5 ~(minus the library code) then I'll probably release a binary (.exe) app to generate the keys so anyone can have Seose admin access.. The should, hopefully, give people time to play with the death of Seose before giving everyone access to kill Seose serversXD

EDIT AGAIN: This isn't random drunk Sordie doing this.. (well, maybe a little) I have a master plan that involves trying to remove Seose ready for my xmas prezzy to the community of MEOW 0.2|root

What do I edit and How do I edit it?

12 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #118788 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Immortal posted: (13th Dec 2011, 08:02 pm)

Sordie posted: (7th Dec 2011, 10:18 pm)

Phase two.

Seose hidden command: 

#nt27kk_nfa0-11njk NID

Where "NID" is a unique numeric key generated based on your character name. Anyone care to have some fun hacking before I release the method for generating the key?

EDIT: So this is what I'll do, first I'll let the real "hackers" have a go at finding the key. Then I'll release the source code to the app I use to generate my keys (how I gain admin access to Seose servers)thenI'llreleasethesource to Seose 0.2.5 ~(minus the library code) then I'll probably release a binary (.exe) app to generate the keys so anyone can have Seose admin access.. The should, hopefully, give people time to play with the death of Seose before giving everyone access to kill SeoseserversXD

EDIT AGAIN: This isn't random drunk Sordie doing this.. (well, maybe a little) I have a master plan that involves trying to remove Seose ready for my xmas prezzy to the community of MEOW 0.2|root

What do I edit? and How to do it?

her goal is to destroy seose, don't suspect she is going to help you.
---
opensource isometric game engine ~ www.avac-engine.blogspot.com
12 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #118789 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

I'm just asking, so don't get at me.

12 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #118791 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Immortal posted: (13th Dec 2011, 08:20 pm)

I'm just asking, so don't get at me.

lol just saying, don't feel attacked :P. guess if you want to try it you could download a hex editor and try to find the string (command) and replace it with some other shit.
---
opensource isometric game engine ~ www.avac-engine.blogspot.com
12 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #118853 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

What do I edit then?

12 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #119034 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

Been a little busy this week but I'll probably be releasing the Seose source code this weekend. Soz for any delay guys.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
12 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #119039 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

This is just fun.... I got on a server the chick banned me.. when all I was going to do was send her here an tell her about the new tool to switch over... so I came back an wrecked her server... to much fun..

lulzsquad.jpg

THANK YOU SORDIE FOR THIS WONDERFUL GIFT OF ENTERTAINMENT! 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
12 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #119045 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

so i have a question yes you created it but what gives you the right to fuck with peoples servers? I just got a new computer so this doesn't upset me too bad since now I can actually run eoserv where as my old computer wouldn't allow my to run a program like SQL but I just found out some ass hatwas one my server walling my friends and players demoting my admins and fucking my whole server up. So any amount of work I have put intomy server was for nothing.

Come to think of it it was the asshat who posted right above me too bad permaban still works for people like him :)

12 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #119046 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Drakenair posted: (16th Dec 2011, 09:55 pm)

so i have a question yes you created it but what gives you the right to fuck with peoples servers? I just got a new computer so this doesn't upset me too bad since now I can actually run eoserv where as my old computer wouldn't allow my to run a program like SQL but I just found out some ass hatwas one my server walling my friends and players demoting my admins and fucking my whole server up. So any amount of work I have put intomy server was for nothing.

Sorry, but are you idiotic? So basically, she isn't permitted to do whatever she wants with her own software? She has every right to do whatever the hell she wants with it, whether that be update it or destroy it. What right do YOU have to say otherwise?
12 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #119049 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Drakenair posted: (16th Dec 2011, 09:55 pm)

so i have a question yes you created it but what gives you the right to fuck with peoples servers? I just got a new computer so this doesn't upset me too bad since now I can actually run eoserv where as my old computer wouldn't allow my to run a program like SQL but I just found out some asshatwas one my server walling my friends and players demoting my admins and fucking my whole server up. So any amount of work I have put intomy server was for nothing.

Come to think of it it was the asshat who posted right above me too bad permaban still works for people like him :)

Actually your perma banned failed... remember ;) I got back on an then you logged off. lul. 

But yes it was me I am guilty, I had a bunch of fun. lol. 
---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
12 years, 20 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Seose > IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!