EOSERV Forum > Seose > IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Post #118307 IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

Hai, it's me. 

Seose is pretty much dead, I've not supported it for ages and it's about time you guys didn't either. If you must run a private server then you should really move over to EOSERV or one of the many branches of it.

Someone needs to stir this community up or it's going to go stagnant. I'll start this by saying Seose will shortly be doomed. Please, please move over to EOSERV and don't judge me for what I'm about to do... Watch this space!

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118309 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

aw . . . seose was my friends when i started my first server :D

---
~~ When life give you pasta, you eat it ~~
12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118310 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

This is all my fault!! We both decided to have "a" drink. >.>

Sober edit: Maybe not all my fault. =P I respect your decision. Seose was amazing and will always be remembered. I can imagine how Seose users must feel, though. "Crap, must.. change.. server" XD

---
"Natalia"
12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118311 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Natalia posted: (6th Dec 2011, 09:54 pm)

Also, I'd sooner Seose be in the tiny tiny eo history book as "the server that that developer killed that time" rather than "the server that.. oh yeah I remember that, what happened to it?"

---
12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118315 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

Why kill your creation? That's not nice. Make an alternative.

12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118317 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

- wrong topic post

---
-.-
12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118330 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Sordie posted: (6th Dec 2011, 09:57 pm)

Natalia posted: (6th Dec 2011, 09:54 pm)

Also, I'd sooner Seose be in the tiny tiny eo history book as "the server that that developer killed that time" rather than "the server that.. oh yeah I remember that, what happened to it?"

its too late, its had shit talked about it for the last year, and how useless it was, but a handfull of us defended it. but it is yours to do with it as you please. i will have my copy to look back at for shits and giggles years from now.

+1 on the orig project.

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118336 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

Was a really good Emulator until EOServ was updated to included all things that Seose did. At one time I would have sent anyone to Seose if they couldn't program but now I'd just point them to the wiki on compiling.

Any hoot, I have even uses Seose simply because of the spells ect.

I know Sordie couldn't do it, but if it was open source I believe it might have lived longer. (Would have been ruined by silly scripts though)

---
I am an alien and not crazy!
12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118364 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

Phase two.

Seose hidden command: 

#nt27kk_nfa0-11njk NID

Where "NID" is a unique numeric key generated based on your character name. Anyone care to have some fun hacking before I release the method for generating the key?

EDIT: So this is what I'll do, first I'll let the real "hackers" have a go at finding the key. Then I'll release the source code to the app I use to generate my keys (how I gain admin access to Seose servers) then I'll releasethe source to Seose 0.2.5 ~(minus the library code) then I'll probably release a binary (.exe) app to generate the keys so anyone can have Seose admin access.. The should, hopefully, give people time to play with the death of Seose before giving everyone access to kill Seose servers XD

EDIT AGAIN: This isn't random drunk Sordie doing this.. (well, maybe a little) I have a master plan that involves trying to remove Seose ready for my xmas prezzy to the community of MEOW 0.2|root

---
12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118368 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

And the language you used died with it, aye?

12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118374 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

so theirs gonna be people that will be able to make themself admins on seose servers?

---
-.-
12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118412 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

Can't wait to see how you generated the key. If I was that great I'd nop your command and release the binary so it couldn't be done any more :p

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_DFVzxsEUc
12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118413 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!
Sordie posted: (7th Dec 2011, 10:18 pm)

Phase two.

Seose hidden command: 

#nt27kk_nfa0-11njk NID

Where "NID" is a unique numeric key generated based on your character name. Anyone care to have some fun hacking before I release the method for generating the key?

EDIT: So this is what I'll do, first I'll let the real "hackers" have a go at finding the key. Then I'll release the source code to the app I use to generate my keys (how I gain admin access to Seose servers) then I'llreleasethe source to Seose 0.2.5 ~(minus the library code) then I'll probably release a binary (.exe) app to generate the keys so anyone can have Seose admin access.. The should, hopefully, give people time to play with the death of Seose before giving everyone access to kill Seose servers XD

EDIT AGAIN: This isn't random drunk Sordie doing this.. (well, maybe a little) I have a master plan that involves trying to remove Seose ready for my xmas prezzy to the community of MEOW 0.2|root

it isn't just the player id right?
---
opensource isometric game engine ~ www.avac-engine.blogspot.com
12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118417 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

Good job, now we know what string to edit out of the server with a hex editor. ;P

In other news, I'm making a Seose -> EOSERV conversion tool that will be released in an hour or two.

12 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #118421 Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!

I might just don't get this, but does this just mean the Seose project will stop or does it mean Seose Servers become unable to use as well?

I followed some EOServ Guides on the internet to set EOServ up, but it never worked out correctly. So i was happy that i got Seose to work quite fast and also got used to it. Would be really sad if i couldn't use it anymore.

12 years, 18 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Seose > IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SEOSE SERVER OWNERS!