EOSERV Forum > Seose > Admin command "+"
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Admin command "+"
Post #7988 Admin command "+"

Hi people. I have a question that most likely Sordie will have an answer but if anyone can help me I will do appreciate it. I just bought a new laptop, everything works fine, whenever I try any game or any application. But, for some reason whenever I run Endless Online, it doesn't matter if it'sTest server, Main, EOSERV's server or Seose's server, the application itself just doesn't work properly. I mean, my keyboard doesn't recognize or something some keys such as "Shift, [, ], +, =, / " etc among others, I do can type and only the Shift key alocated to the left side work, that wouldn'tbe a problem if I could make the other keys work but even if the left shift key works, the others key doesn't work so I can't talk in global "~" can't use commands on Seose "+" or in party " ' ". My question is, if it's a way to make Seose back to "$" command since apparently that's all I can use.I've tried looking on Google or some Forums about my problem with the keyboard, but I didn't find anything. I have also tried "On-screen Keyboard" and didn't work either, with this game/application is the only thing my keyboard has an issue with. If anyone have been through this and know a solution, I will appreciate it. Thank you all for you time in reading this and thank you Sordie for such a good emulator.

P.S.

If I didn't make myself clearly, I can try and explain it better.

14 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #7989 Re: Admin command "+"

why would a brand new laptop not be able to make a "+" sign.. it might sound dumb but are you pushing "SHIFT" with  the "=" sign...:P or mabey push it harder or pop the key out and try to see if your making contact in the right place... :/ 

14 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #7990 Re: Admin command "+"

This has nothing to do with Seose, EOSERV, or what server you connect to. The problem is with the client. More specificity, how the EO client misuses DirectInput. I've seen this problem before and could be caused by any number of things such as; your systems codepage, keyboard driver, some preinstalled worthless "hotkey" app messing up the order of WM_KEYDOWN, WM_KEYUP, WM_CHAR messages.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
14 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #7991 Re: Admin command "+"

Thanks for answering, but I am not a newb when it comes to computers, of course I push it right, I said that only the Shift key that you can find to the left side of the keyboard works, the one to the right one just doesn't work. If I press the only Shift key that works and then press the key"=" like you said, nothing shows up, the same happens if I press [, ], ', ;, ~, `, etc. Every other key works, the letters, the number and all those codes above the numbers "!, @, #, $ etc" In other words, I am not dumb, like you tried to make me look like. My laptop works fine with everythingelse, the only "but" is Endless Online, I tried changing the keyboard layout and language alocated on Eoconfig, didn't work either.

"Edit"

Thank you too for answering Sordie. I never said it was EOSERV's fault or Seose's fault, I am sorry if it looked like I did. Like I said I am not newb when it comes to the computer, but I am not a well studied proffessional either, so I wouldn't know how to fix this. My really question was if there was a way to change the command "+" back to "$" since that's all I can use.

14 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #7995 Re: Admin command "+"

Nope. The server doesn't even check for the + sign. The client automatically sends the "talk" data with a different packet action if it was an admin command(chat). Even if you could, it would be much better solution just to fix your keyboard issue.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
14 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #7998 Re: Admin command "+"

Yeah, I think that's a better solution but like I said before, I wouldn't know how to fix this, so I guess I won't be able to use your emulator. Thanks anyway Sordie.

14 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #8009 Re: Admin command "+"

Actually to make yourself feel o-so-much better, I have this issue too, and actually I've had this issue for almost two years. It turns out there is a small bug with applications running with the Windows Vista OS. Certain programs are just not created, or designed to run on the Vista OS. And sobecause of that, they do not work correctly. If you'd like you can use my solution that I've been using for the couple years I've been playing. If you change your keyboard layout to "dutch" when you log-in, you can use the ; key, and it will appear as a "+". Trust me, it works much better thentrying to figure out a logical problem. :]

Edit: to let you know, the "dutch" layout will make you able to use any key that you couldn't before other than the "~" key, (Which you could write in notepad and Ctrl+v). As long as you find the keys that correspond to them that is. :D

14 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #8010 Re: Admin command "+"

I just tested it out and it worked, thanks for giving me this solution it did helped a lot. I tried every layout before and didn't notice I could do this with the "dutch" one. Thanks once again!

14 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #8029 Re: Admin command "+"

No problem, glad to help out. And if you're ever caught in a knot, not being able to use a key (no pun intended :D), you can always just use copy and paste to the client. (Ctrl+C - Ctrl+V)

14 years, 48 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Seose > Admin command "+"