EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EditPub Guide
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
EditPub Guide
Post #102554 EditPub Guide

I seem to find people have troubles using it all the time so they decide to make new topics, it'd be better if people stopped explaining it every time there's a new topic about it, so I am creating this guide. The first thing you'll need to do is download EditPub here which actually includes more then just EditPub.

Let's tell you what EditPub actually does! EditPub is a program that allows you to change the data of a NPC, Spell, Class, or Item. You're able to change the name, stats, requirements and more! Once you've downloaded EditPub extract it to your desktop, and open it up. It should look like this

Congrats if it looks like this! Otherwise you wouldn't have it. The next step is to open the pub type from your server folder, for seose it should be located in the Data folder if you included your pubs. You can open the following files:

dat001.ecf

dat001.eif

dsl001.esf

dtn001.enf

_________

dat001.ecf is the Endless Class File which is showed by the file type "ecf", this is where you change stats and the names of classes.

dat001.eif is the Endless Item File which is showed by the file type "eif", this is where you have the ability to change the names, stats, requirements for the items!

dsl001.esf is the Endless Spell File which is showed by the file type "esf", this is where you can change the spell GFX, names and stats!

dtn001.enf is the Endless NPC File which is showed by the file type "enf", this is where you can change the stats, names & more for the NPC!

Open one of the files above that you want to edit, once you open them it should have a big list of ID's (items, spells, npc's, classes). Double click on the ID you wish to edit. It should look like this when you click onto the ID.

Try not to mess around with anything at the moment except the basics, you see the name there around the top? You can change that to whatever you want! Now for the stats! The stats are easy, simply click the "2" at on the bar at the top of the ID you've already clicked on and it should look like this :

You're going to want to edit the Attributes. Change the MinDamage and MaxDamage to the damage you want that specific ID to hit. And the HP for the item when you equipt it along with the rest of the Attributes. And the Stats are for what add to the characters stats and not Attributes.

Now moving onto NPC's! NPC's are similar to this, you simply click on the NPC and instead of clicking the "2", the stats are on the first page "1". It should look like this :

For NPC's you can change the right top corner thing to different things, right now the fish is Passive which means it doesn't attack you inless you attack it, if it's aggressive that means it will attack on sight, such as what Dragons do once they see you. If it's a Non-Combat it won't be attackable at all! The rest are pretty easy to understand if you know English. 

Now to Classes! Double click the class, and all the basics are right there ! You change the Base str, con etc to what you like, which it takes effect once you change your class. Which this will be located in the Attributes like most stat editing, now for the main, change the name of the Class to what you want! This should all look like this if you're doing it right & following the guide :D

Then change everything to your liking! Now moving onto spells! Spells should only be used if you know what your doing, change the Main to the name you want, name is shown in your spell panel. The channel is shown when you cast your spell. Animations and Icons are GFX, these may be explained later on in an advanced tutorial once you know the basics of EditPub. You can also change in main the type of spell, Healing, Attack etc. Spell Target defines the target of the spell. So if it can go on just NPC's or Players aswell.

In attributes you can change the stats of the spell like usual! Cast Time is the amount of time it takes to cast the spell. The TP Cost is the amount that takes away TP once you use the spell. SP Cost takes away your energy, damage as usual!

Now you can adventure on with EditPub! View different things, change different things and you'll be a pro in no time! Hopefully this tutorial helped you ! And hopefully there will be no more topics about EditPub!

12 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #102570 Re: EditPub Guide

Should be added to wiki it would last longer

---
http://www.torn.com/478456
12 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #102576 Re: EditPub Guide

nice :D add it to wiki tho

---
~~ When life give you pasta, you eat it ~~
12 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #102684 Re: EditPub Guide

I would but I get confused with that stuff, and it's a bit to late now xD

12 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #102708 Re: EditPub Guide

click on: wiki > login > add wiki page > copy n paste this shit > done :3

That's how 2 make a wiki

12 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #102746 Re: EditPub Guide
Hollow posted: (7th Sep 2011, 12:20 pm)

click on: wiki > login > add wiki page > copy n paste this shit > done :3

That's how 2 make a wiki

Oh okay thanks, but I can't do it now or it would be double posting xD
12 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #104523 Re: EditPub Guide

Sup man I have my own server and have been working on my new version for my client for a while now but I can't get my pub files to work! Every time I save them and go back on to the game, every thing is black! I've tryed new pubs and shit but my ones won't work and there not corrupted either.

EDIT: I got my eif file working but when I save my enf file everything fucks up :/

---
Royal Endless: Were mass programming is taking place, for you! - Comming Soon 2012
12 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #104587 Re: EditPub Guide
iShoZza posted: (13th Sep 2011, 04:49 pm)

Sup man I have my own server and have been working on my new version for my client for a while now but I can't get my pub files to work! Every time I save them and go back on to the game, every thing is black! I've tryed new pubs and shit but my ones won't work and there not corruptedeither.

EDIT: I got my eif file working but when I save my enf file everything fucks up :/

Have you tried rebooting your server? And I'm not sure if it matters but don't overdue stats past the limit. Also make sure you didn't change any of the GFX settings in it.
12 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #104608 Re: EditPub Guide

Yes I know all of theese things and have also tryed them, the items are working fine now but I can't seem to get my NPC pub to work..I have not over done stuff on that either, I've heard that it's an error in editpub because it's been happening to a few people! Idk what to do atm and am just playing around with things, I'll post if I get it fixed.

---
Royal Endless: Were mass programming is taking place, for you! - Comming Soon 2012
12 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #104610 Re: EditPub Guide
iShoZza posted: (13th Sep 2011, 08:27 pm)

Yes I know all of theese things and have also tryed them, the items are working fine now but I can't seem to get my NPC pub to work..I have not over done stuff on that either, I've heard that it's an error in editpub because it's been happening to a few people! Idk what to do atm and am justplaying around with things, I'll post if I get it fixed.

Hope it get's fixed, but I can't see what the problem would be.
12 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #112021 Re: EditPub Guide

Nice guide you got here this will help some people. However you didn't mention and explain what a subclass was. I'm sure there are people who don't know what it is. Good guide though

12 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #112023 Re: EditPub Guide

So! Lols,
This is what you spend your time doing now?
Writing guides to the simplest programs there are?
UrSoCool ^-^!

---
Former EOSERV.net Administrator.
12 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #112053 Re: EditPub Guide
vanilla posted: (16th Oct 2011, 11:30 pm)

So! Lols,
UrSoCool ^-^!

Lol you made my day!!!! +1
lmfao lol
12 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #112055 Re: EditPub Guide
Revival posted: (17th Oct 2011, 12:28 am)

So! Lols,
UrSoCool ^-^!

lmfao lol

When I try to +1 her, it says "Fanatic!" and won't let me. o.o
12 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #112058 Re: EditPub Guide
UndeadEO posted: (17th Oct 2011, 12:29 am)

Revival posted: (17th Oct 2011, 12:28 am)

So! Lols,
UrSoCool ^-^!

lmfao lol

When I try to +1 her, it says "Fanatic!" and won't let me. o.o
0.o weird lol
12 years, 28 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EditPub Guide