EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Guide: How to Compile EOSERV
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 ... 8 9 >>
Guide: How to Compile EOSERV
Post #830 Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

Ok you will need to download and install MySQL (here), Code::Blocks with MinGW (here) and HeidiSQL (here)

1.Once you have downloaded all of them install them all.

2.MySQL will need configuring, remember the password you set.

3.Next you need to download a source code of EOSERV from here.

4.Once that is download extract it.

5.Open the trunk folder then open project then double click on mingw.cbp (this will open the project in Cobe::blocks)

6.Now click on Settings then Compiler and debugger.

7.Then click on Search directories.

8.Click on add and add the directory of your MySQL include file (eg C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1include may vary with computers)

AND if you are using vista you need to put this (here) file in the folder that you put the search directory as.

9.Do that to all 3 of the tabs.

10.Now to link the librarys download this file it has all the librarys in it. extract it to the same directory as step 8.

11. Click on Linker settings tab near the Search directories tab.

12.Click on the add button and add these libraries: WS2_32.Lib should be something like this C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1includeWS2_32.Lib and libmysql.lib should be like this C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1includelibmysql.lib

13.Once all that is done properly you should be able to compile it sucesfully.

14. Once it is compled you will need to get the dlls: libmysql.dll and sqlite3.dll and put them in the same folder as your compiled file (these are in the LIBS and DLLS.zip file).

15.You will also need to put the maps and pub files from your Endless Online directory into the data folder in the source.

If you need MORE help just post and ill try and help

Making your server public.

First you are going to need to setup a database. For this you are going to need Sqliteman, download and install it from (here).

Once you have done that you will need to make the database.

So open up Sqliteman.

Then click file then new.

Save the file in your compiled eoserv directory as eoserv. (no extensions just eoserv)

After you have done that you will need to run the query.

Click on the Open button in the query toolbar

Once you have click on that locate the 'install.sql' file and open it.

Click on the button displayed below to run the query.

After you have done all that you have successfully started your database.

Now to setup your config.ini file to cope with your database.

### DATABASE ###

## DBType
# Database type (mysql or sqlite)
DBType = sqlite

## DBHost
# MySQL hostname / SQLite filename
DBHost = eoserv

## DBUser
# Database username (MySQL only)
DBUser =

## DBPass
# Database password (MySQL only)
DBPass =

## DBName
# Database name (MySQL only)
DBName =

Make it look like that.

No-ip ...to be done later

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #836 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

I did everything stated up to the point where it says you should be able to compile it, I get the same errors (or at least some of them?) as before.. Stuff like this: 

||=== eoserv, Debug ===|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|2|config.hpp: No such file or directory|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|7|util.hpp: No such file or directory|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|9|error: `Config' has not been declared|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|10|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `Config' with no type|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|14|error: `Config' is not a class or namespace|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|15|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `Config' with no type|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp||In function `int Config(std::string)':|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|17|error: `Config' is not a class or namespace|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|17|error: `MaxLineLength' undeclared (first use this function)|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|17|error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|23|error: invalid use of `this' in non-member function|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|33|error: `buf' undeclared (first use this function)|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|33|error: `Config' is not a class or namespace|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|35|error: `util' has not been declared|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|35|error: `trim' undeclared (first use this function)|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|59|error: `util' has not been declared|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|59|error: `rtrim' undeclared (first use this function)|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|60|error: `util' has not been declared|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|60|error: `ltrim' undeclared (first use this function)|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|62|error: invalid use of `this' in non-member function|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|62|error: `util' has not been declared|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|62|error: `variant' undeclared (first use this function)|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|62|error: template argument 2 is invalid|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|62|error: `util' has not been declared|
C:UsersAlexDesktop runksrcconfig.cpp|62|error: `variant' has not been declared|
||=== Build finished: 24 errors, 0 warnings ===|

Some of it I don't understand when clearly those files are in there..

Edit: I already have my server running, but on the eoserv-debug, I want to be able to compile this..
15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #837 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

hmmm what revision are you using i didnt get this error when i started and as far as im sure that has nothing to do with the librarys so .. have you changed any of the code or added anything?

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #838 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

No I haven't the problem is 'solved' because I had someone else give me the files, already compiled, but I'd still like to know how to compile it..

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #848 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

any idea how to get it to compile on linux?

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #849 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

i think sausage is using linux your best bet is to ask him :)

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #853 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

i tried that he said....."no", anyways thanks great guide, really helped me out alot

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #928 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

thanks for the postive feedback Stephx.. im useless at anything to do with linux lol.. for 1 sec i  thought my guide didnt work

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #989 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

omg wtf?
..srcdatabase.hpp|11|mysql.h: No such file or directory|
..srcdatabase.hpp|14|sqlite3.h: No such file or directory|
..srcdatabase.hpp|68|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `MYSQL' with no type|
..srcdatabase.hpp|68|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
..srcdatabase.hpp|71|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `sqlite3' with no type|
..srcdatabase.hpp|71|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp||In member function `void Database::Connect(Database::Engine, std::string, std::string, std::string, std::string)':|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|73|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|73|error: `mysql_init' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|75|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|75|error: `mysql_error' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|75|warning: unused variable 'mysql_error'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|73|warning: unused variable 'mysql_init'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|77|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|77|error: `mysql_real_connect' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|77|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|79|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|79|error: `mysql_error' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|79|warning: unused variable 'mysql_error'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|77|warning: unused variable 'mysql_real_connect'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|81|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|81|error: `mysql_select_db' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|83|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|83|error: `mysql_error' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|83|warning: unused variable 'mysql_error'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|81|warning: unused variable 'mysql_select_db'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|90|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'sqlite_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|90|error: `sqlite3_open' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|90|error: `SQLITE_OK' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|90|warning: unused variable 'sqlite3_open'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|90|warning: unused variable 'SQLITE_OK'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp||In member function `Database_Result Database::Query(const char*, ...)':|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|125|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|125|error: `mysql_real_escape_string' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|133|error: `sqlite3_mprintf' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|135|error: `sqlite3_free' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|125|warning: unused variable 'mysql_real_escape_string'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|133|warning: unused variable 'sqlite3_mprintf'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|135|warning: unused variable 'sqlite3_free'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|154|error: `MYSQL_RES' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|154|error: `mresult' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|155|error: `MYSQL_FIELD' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|155|error: `fields' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|158|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|158|error: `mysql_real_query' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|160|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|160|error: `mysql_error' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|160|warning: unused variable 'mysql_error'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|158|warning: unused variable 'mysql_real_query'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|163|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|163|error: `mysql_field_count' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|165|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|165|error: `mysql_store_result' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|169|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|169|error: `mysql_affected_rows' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|169|warning: unused variable 'mysql_affected_rows'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|174|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'mysql_handle'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|174|error: `mysql_error' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|174|warning: unused variable 'mysql_error'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|165|warning: unused variable 'mysql_store_result'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|178|error: `mysql_fetch_fields' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|180|error: `MYSQL_ROW' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|180|error: expected `;' before "row"|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|180|error: `row' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|180|error: `mysql_fetch_row' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|186|error: `IS_NUM' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|186|warning: unused variable 'IS_NUM'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|180|warning: unused variable 'mysql_fetch_row'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|180|warning: unused variable 'MYSQL_ROW'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|213|error: `mysql_free_result' was not declared in this scope|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|154|warning: unused variable 'MYSQL_RES'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|155|warning: unused variable 'MYSQL_FIELD'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|163|warning: unused variable 'mysql_field_count'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|178|warning: unused variable 'mysql_fetch_fields'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|213|warning: unused variable 'mysql_free_result'|
C:Documents and SettingsMaciekPulpiteoserv-trunk-r66 runksrcdatabase.cpp|220|error: 'union Database::handle' has no member named 'sqlite_handle'|
||More errors follow but not being shown.|
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...|
||=== Build finished: 50 errors, 24 warnings ===|

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #990 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

you dint follow directions...... that error is basicly telling you that you did not do steps 7-12

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #1089 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

Put everything where it needed to be, went to compile and got these errors:

..srcdatabase.hpp|11|mysql.h: No such file or directory|
..srcdatabase.hpp|14|sqlite3.h: No such file or directory|
..srcdatabase.hpp|68|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `MYSQL' with no type|
..srcdatabase.hpp|68|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
..srcdatabase.hpp|71|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `sqlite3' with no type|
..srcdatabase.hpp|71|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
||=== Build finished: 6 errors, 0 warnings ===|

Any suggestions as to what to do?  I've tried just about everything.   Went from 50+ errors to 6 now so I must be doing something right atleast.  I am working with revision 66.

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #1094 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

you need to get the include folder from your mysql 5.0 folder and include it in your compile

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #1095 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

See, I had to manually create the folder just to get the other errors off and add the necessary files just to get the errors down to 6.  I never got a include folder when I installed for some reason, cant find it anywhere.  Think that is probably my whole issue.

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #1099 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

can some1 tell me how to do it if I have MySQL database at db4free.net?

15 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #1113 Re: Guide: How to Compile EOSERV

Funny, watching people attempt to compile the server...

They get less errors then others, some get the follow error:
"#error At least one database driver must be selected"

Others ger 6 while some get alot... People need to READ
15 years, 9 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 ... 8 9 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Guide: How to Compile EOSERV