EOSERV Forum > Seose > EDIT pub Stats problem
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
EDIT pub Stats problem
Post #83412 EDIT pub Stats problem

Hello, Ive recently started making a server, When i change the stats of items ingame it doesnt change anything. Changed Stats of Spear to give plus 2 str and 2-3dmg. Saved the files in seose pub folder and in my client. When log in nothing changed. Any ideas?

12 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #83413 Re: EDIT pub Stats problem

Did you restart the server?

12 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #83417 Re: EDIT pub Stats problem

Yeah I've done multiple times. Im not getting any errors so i dont know why the stats of weapon didnt change

12 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #83420 Re: EDIT pub Stats problem

Hmm... Are you 100% sure you saved it because i used to make that mistake a lot. If you did then i have no idea unless your pubs could be corrupt.

That would probably mess up the server itself though.

12 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #83427 Re: EDIT pub Stats problem

Well i think ive saved it. What ive been doing is in the edit pub program itself ive changed the stats yada yada, clicked update. Then Save. is that correct? And do i need to Copy the pub files ive changed in the seose pub files to my clients?

12 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #83428 Re: EDIT pub Stats problem

use "save as" and make sure it overwrites the original

---
Beware of your thoughts, they become your words. Beware of your words, they become your actions.
Beware of your actions, they become your habits. Beware of your habits, they become your character.
Beware of your character, it becomes your destiny.
- Unknown
12 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #83430 Re: EDIT pub Stats problem

Ok tried that also. It seems like it worked, But after i run server and join it nothing happens, i go back to pub file on client and its changed back to original.

12 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #83435 Re: EDIT pub Stats problem

if you edit them with the server running you have to $repub before you restart the server

and close your client completely before you relog so it will pull the fresh pubs from the server

edit: I just noticed this was Seose instead of EOSERV, so what I said may not apply....

---
Beware of your thoughts, they become your words. Beware of your words, they become your actions.
Beware of your actions, they become your habits. Beware of your habits, they become your character.
Beware of your character, it becomes your destiny.
- Unknown
12 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #83487 Re: EDIT pub Stats problem

double check what set of pubs you are editing, sounds like you are not editing the pubs in the seose pub folder, or you have a double set of pub folders in your seose server folder and are editing the wronge set! i can see it not saveng once maybe twice, but multi times! you got to be editing the wronge pub folder. double check and post again.

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
12 years, 46 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Seose > EDIT pub Stats problem