EOSERV Forum > Lounge > Server Hosting - EOSERV
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Server Hosting - EOSERV
Post #77831 Server Hosting - EOSERV

Hey guys, I am working on a server host. I have made an application in C++ that starts the server in the background and returns it's PID (Processor ID). I am now working on the site for the hosting itself.

The features will include

Server: Apollo's Vodka Release (I shall keep it up to date).

1. Upload of maps and pubs
  2. Alter the server settings and add your website link.
  3. Servers hosted will be listed on the main site.
  4. Sever CPanel to mange characters, accounts ect.
  5. Forums (This is so that people don't ask questions about it on eoserv.net)
  6. Automatic server setup (Ready to run and play)
The domain for the servers shall all be the same but all servers will run on a different port. When  I have the site all tested on my development server and found no bugs I shall notify you all.

Note: The server shall start of with only 100 server spots for beta testing.
---
I am an alien and not crazy!
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77832 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV

What if I don't want vodka?

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_DFVzxsEUc
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77833 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV

ohh god..a newbie just has to start it

if you don't want vodka then don't use it

---
~~ When life give you pasta, you eat it ~~
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77834 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV

Well, This is a free service so for the safety of myself and others I shall not allow altering the server itself. Vodka seems to be the best release out there at the moment and comes withQuests,Spells and other standard stuff.

Quote: ohh god..a newbie just has to start it

What does that imply?

Edit: Never mind you wasn't talking to me

---
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77835 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV

100 spots?? is this a company and how about privacy details, will you go through the vpses or wut

system specs?

---

I sincerely apologize for my posts from when I was 12.
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77836 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV

That's too bad :(

---
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77838 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV
Madao posted: (14th May 2011 09:45 pm)

That's too bad :(

ye he should allow more than shit vodka :(
---

I sincerely apologize for my posts from when I was 12.
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77839 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV

I shall be upgrading. (This is only for testing my idea)

4Ghz CPU
3GB RAM
500GB HDD
Windows XP SP3 - Changed everything to performance only.

For a FREE service you can't really complain about what server release is being used. At the end of the day it's FREE for those that don't know how to host a dedicated server.

---
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77841 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV

Oh, I didn't know this would be free.

---
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77877 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV

What about a custom template for each one using the hosting service. If not , you should atleast beable to upload a custom CSS File for it :) and with the CPanel, does this include editing pub files and maps?

Also, how far are you on this project and when do you expect it to be operational.

Also2, how did you get the server to run in the background? I'd like to do that to my seose or vodka.

---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77880 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV

lol im a noobie i now but i do not really get hosting at all :S thats why i always ran my server on my computer

12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77889 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV

Well you cant host a pserv on with a hoster unless its have a VPS host, but what desmond is basicly doing is running all of it on his computer but all of it in the background. I can't wait to try this out.

---

12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77910 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV
Wildsurvival posted: (15th May 2011 12:35 am)

What about a custom template for each one using the hosting service. If not , you should atleast beable to upload a custom CSS File for it :) and with the CPanel, does this include editing pub files and maps?

Also, how far are you on this project and when do you expect it to be operational.

Also2, how did you get the server to run in the background? I'd like to do that to my seose or vodka.

The CPanel is where you can upload new maps and pubs. Also you can edit the server configuration.

I have only just started and wanted peoples views on this before I made a big project for no reason.

To get the server to run in the background was to make an application in C++ (You can do this in VB too ect) and then I call my application using PHP's exec(); feature making it run in the background. I have tested my application with PHP and my server that has been shown up on the SLN was run via it.
---
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77997 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV
Desmond Taylor posted: (15th May 2011 09:36 am)

The CPanel is where you can upload new maps and pubs. Also you can edit the server configuration.

I have only just started and wanted peoples views on this before I made a big project for no reason.

To get the server to run in the background was to make an application in C++ (You can do this in VB too ect) and then I call my application using PHP's exec(); feature making it run in the background. I have tested my application with PHP and my server that has been shown up on the SLN was runvia it.

Sweet, email me when its operational and you want a tester :D a_choate@live.com
---

12 years, 51 weeks ago
Post #77999 Re: Server Hosting - EOSERV
Wildsurvival posted: (15th May 2011 04:09 pm)

Desmond Taylor posted: (15th May 2011 09:36 am)

To get the server to run in the background was to make an application in C++ (You can do this in VB too ect) and then I call my application using PHP's exec(); feature making it run in the background. I have tested my application with PHP and my server that has been shown up on the SLN wasrunvia it.

Sweet, email me when its operational and you want a tester :D a_choate@live.com

You'll know when it is operational. It will be on the SLN with a server running :P The clue will be in the host address. eohost? :P
---
12 years, 51 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Lounge > Server Hosting - EOSERV