EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > map storm release updated12/28/10
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
map storm release updated12/28/10
Post #56969 Re: map storm release
Tendency posted: (26th Dec 2010 05:54 pm)

I like the Idea of the Config File. Exiles release has it on every map. it would be nice to have it only on sertin maps

Certain maps ya mean :P Then simply change up the following like so

void world_storm(void *world_void)
{
    World *world = static_cast<World *>(world_void);
    int allowed[] = {1, 2, 3}; //Map Id's To Use Storm On also common sense tells ya you can put another , and a number to add more :D

UTIL_PTR_VECTOR_FOREACH(world->maps, Map, map)
    {
        for (int i = 0; i < sizeof(allowed); i++) {
            if (allowed[i] == map->id) {
                map->Storm();
            }
        }
    }
}

Which would make it only trigger on those maps. But the config way could also be implemented, as it doesn't take much.
---
¨°º¤ø„º°¨ Exile Studios ¨°º„ø¤º°¨
13 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #56972 Re: map storm release
Deathx posted: (26th Dec 2010 06:16 pm)

Tendency posted: (26th Dec 2010 05:54 pm)

I like the Idea of the Config File. Exiles release has it on every map. it would be nice to have it only on sertin maps

Certain maps ya mean :P Then simply change up the following like so

void world_storm(void *world_void)
{
    World *world = static_cast<World *>(world_void);
    int allowed[] = {1, 2, 3}; //Map Id's To Use Storm On also common sense tells ya you can put another , and a number to add more :D

UTIL_PTR_VECTOR_FOREACH(world->maps, Map, map)
    {
        for (int i = 0; i < sizeof(allowed); i++) {
            if (allowed[i] == map->id) {
                map->Storm();
            }
        }
    }
}

Which would make it only trigger on those maps. But the config way could also be implemented, as it doesn't take much.

Or again, the map effect parameter. Honestly, hard coding map ID's after making a few stand alone editors kinda makes me wonder if I should try those programs.

Two things:

1. You should never hard code anything that can vary from one server to the next.

2. You should never overlook given file parameters just to make another configuration file. The map effect value is plenty enough to handle which maps have storms.

If you are still as lost as a blind drunk, a friend of mine named Addison posted a complete guide to adding map effects to EOSERV about a year ago. You will find that you can easily follow the example he gave and modify it to make storms.

13 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #56976 Re: map storm release

I couldnt get it to load properly using 

this->effect = PacketProcessor::Number(buf[0]);

so I switched it to

this->effect = PacketProcessor::Number(buf[0])== 1;

in my editor its unk 1 in map types and its reading fine

now ill work on the rest!

13 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #56977 Re: map storm release

Map Effects are as follows:

1 = HP Drain

2 = TP Drain

3 - 6 = Quakes (size and frequency vary)

Anything 7 and above are not used in Endless Online. As a matter of fact, one of the quake values isn't used either. It was most likely an older map that has since been removed. Rena originally had this info. Anyway, you should use "7" rather than "1" for your storm value to be consistant with the rest of the world.  Some people might think lightning looks a little silly on the original Atlantis map.

13 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #56979 Re: map storm release

Ok this how the editor eosep -map v5 is labled

Main:

map name

revision

editor type

Settings:

MapType/0,normal/1,unk/2,unk/3,pk zone

map size height width

exit warp X ,Y   i think x,y

enable scrolls

enable mini map

base tile 0

Sound/Other:

Map Effect/none/HP Drain/TP Drain/3 - 6 = Quakes/7/8/9/10

bgm 0

ambient sfx

awsome value 0-6

Credits/Debug:

anyway I dont think  this->effect = PacketProcessor::Number(buf[0]); is reading from Sound/Other:/Map Effect and I know this->effect=PacketProcessor::Number(buf[0])== 1; is  1 unk in Settings:/MapType

13 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #56980 Re: map storm release

I was merely writing the code for shits and giggles, as its been a while since i screwed with this stuff. All of Apollo's points are valid and some don't mean much unless you wanna try to be a perfectionist. :P

---
¨°º¤ø„º°¨ Exile Studios ¨°º„ø¤º°¨
13 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #56984 Re: map storm release

There is a difference in being a perfectionist and just having common sense. Here is the link to Addison's guide. There is enough posted code there for you to make sense of how to create a proper storm map effect.

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/6162

13 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #57006 Re: map storm release

In fairness apollo.

I know your a mod here and youv helped people and all.

But look at the stuff exile has made and released to the public here on eoserv.net.

He could have just kept all that for himself and let everyone stay in the dark.

I see ALL of his work in action before any of eoserv does. And honestly its flawless.

So quit bitchin about exiles work and stop deliberately goin against him.

13 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #57016 Re: map storm release

Speaking of fairness, I honestly don't care who wrote the code. I simply cited that this release is poorly done. My interest does not fall within liking or disliking users of this forum, but rather challenging the users of this forum to create work that is quality and well-written. There is no need to repeat code or make pointless config files when it isn't necessary. The point I was making is that anyone that had made a pub editor or a chest editor should clearly know how to utilize the offset for handling map effects to create storms rather than hard coding a list of maps.

In the future, don't take my critique as a negative, but rather a positive. Think of it as encouragement to improve your own code. Sausage would have simply told you the code was shitty. :P

13 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #57021 Re: map storm release

Apollo, Ive always appreciated your input in my topics I know your highly skilled in c++ and Ive learned a lot from you in little over a year and your critiques/observations/whatever have been encouragement to me like, "Should we enter this in to the worst code of the year contest" to me meant Ican do it better, or you wouldnt have said that.

Im almost done with storm ill post it when I think Im finished!!

13 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #58542 Re: map storm release updated12/28/10

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Trunk\src\world.cpp|567|error: expected unqualified-id before 'if'|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings

How to fix?

13 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #58546 Re: map storm release updated12/28/10
toad posted: (14th Jan 2011 10:15 am)

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Trunk\src\world.cpp|567|error: expected unqualified-id before 'if'|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings

How to fix?

Well obviously it's telling that their is something unqualified before if so take that out.
13 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #58547 Re: map storm release updated12/28/10

there's nothing before it but ill keep looking.

13 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #58995 Re: map storm release updated12/28/10
toad posted: (14th Jan 2011 10:52 am)

there's nothing before it but ill keep looking.

Did you ever get your error corrected?
13 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #59376 Re: map storm release updated12/28/10

nope.

13 years, 17 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > map storm release updated12/28/10