EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > how to make new items??
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
how to make new items??
Post #17836 how to make new items??

hi, I wanna make new items etc. but i dont know whut program i need to use.

and how i can chance a new item into a gfx file.

so can anyone help my.

---
opensource isometric game engine ~ www.avac-engine.blogspot.com
14 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #17845 Re: how to make new items??

Use Reshacker to import/export the graphics. Use a picture or image editor, such as Paint, (although I highly recommend fireworks). Some will say to use photoshop, but I have only ever experienced problems with it, so Im partial to fireworks.

Im not great with making custom graphics, and if youre just starting out with it, I recommend doing what I do, and either adding to or subtracting from the saturation of the hue, or by inverting the color.

In order to do this in fireworks, simply open the file, then at the bottom there is a tab called Properties. There will be a blank textbox like object, with a plus and minus button above it. Click the plus button, then select Adjust color, and towards the bottom, there areHue/Saturation...andInvert right next to each other, then choose one. If you choose hue/saturation, it will bring up a window with sliders to set it by rolling the slider, or setting it manually.

Invert works automatically by reversing (inverting) the color schemes of the image to the opposite color on the color wheel.

Mind you, I did in fact pixel that white samurai drop/trade gfx myself. Since its white, neither of those functions will do anything to it, or anything else white, except invert, which will turn it black. So if you dont want something white to turn black, youll need to pixel it yourself.

Programs used:

Reshacker
Fireworks (official)

You need an account at adobe.com to download Fireworks. Anywhere else could be pirated software, so I wont post any other links.

Enjoy.

PS: Dont mess with the lightness of the image, itll only make it hard to see on the client. /experience

Here you go i think

Credits to Syran for the guide :)

14 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #17895 Re: how to make new items??

I dont know if this is any help but a friend posted this on my site a while back and its for replacing graphics not adding. A little later if I get the time I'll make a complete guide to making a full custom client.

So ya wanna patch eh lol well ok first..
1)your going to need to download endless online (doesnt matter what client u can repatch patched clients)to your desktop or other findable folder.
2)your going to need a program called "ResHacker" this program is google friendly just search and u'll get it np(download to your desktop or other findable folder).
(url found for ResHacker http://www.soft32.com/download_3568.html )
3)make sure ur pc has a photo editing program ie: Paint, Photoshop, Corel.
k now the fun begins xD.

Open ResHacker. Click "File", "Open Ctrl+O". Find your endless online client folder. open the folder called "gfx". you should be looking at no files lol. click the drop down arrow next to "files of type" and click "any". you'll now see several "gfx000.egf" files.

so here is the basic before the breakdown lol these gfx files are able to be opened through reshacker and saved as bitmap images which u edit in paint and then swap the images in reshacker pretty kool.

Anyways open any of the gfx files. and u'll see two folders "Bitmap" and "RCData". I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!! IF UR NOT LIKE A PRO PATCHER DONT MESS WITH THE RCDATA XD! EXPERIENCES WEREN"T GOOD XD. just open the bitmap folder lol. now u'll see several numbered folders. open just "1" for now. this file is in every gfx let it be noted that if u mess up that pic ur comitting a criminal offence! open another folder. they're pictures lol. but u'll see in every folder theres a "yellow gear" with a "0" beside. right click it. the only options u'll ever need that appear are: "Save [Bitmap:000:0]" and "Replace Resource..." . so basically save the image to a folder best bet is to make one on ur desktop. open the saved file and edit it in MS paint. then reopen reshacker click file and u should see a link at the bottom to the last opened file if not click open and find your gfx file again.

Once your back at the picture you originally saved right click on the "0" and click replace resource..." . click "open file with new bitmap". find your picture "you edited"!. then click "replace". click "file" then "Save". and open Endless Online.exe normally ;D you just patched ur first picture xD u may wanna try finding like a clothing or something so u can notice it. well i'll ttyl.

Buddy

---
Web developer, currently looking for graphic artists / designers.
14 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #17942 Re: how to make new items??

ty, but I have downloaded reshack and i maked a new armor, with allot of work. but whut now? i puted in the gfx files. but how can i make it a real item

---
opensource isometric game engine ~ www.avac-engine.blogspot.com
14 years, 32 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > how to make new items??