EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > A static ip address
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
A static ip address
Post #17596 A static ip address

How do u get a static ip address ive before ive when i portforwarded my serv at portforward.com and when i went through it it said static ip address and you could click on it but now i cant see so i need help please.

14 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #17775 Re: A static ip address

Unless you want to pay for one, you can use a quick shake-n-bake fix to make your own.

Go to Start->My Network Places->View Network Connections.

After that, right click the one you use, wireless or LAN, and click properties.

You should see a list saying stuff like Client for Microsoft Networks, Internet Protocol, etc. Highlight TCP/IP, and click properties again.

Select to use the following IP address, and put your normal local IP, except make the last value a relatively high one, so theres not a chance of a normal connection messing you up. My local IP, for instance, is 192.168.0.30, the most we ever have connected to the network at one time is 3, so Im relatively secure.

After that, use the following dns server addresses, unless you have a specific dns server set up on a computer in your local network, just use your router IP (ex. 192.168.0.1). The alternate can be left blank if desired.

And there you go, you have a simple, quick, free almost static IP that will most likely stay constant.

One side-effect, if you go to another network any time, you may have to disable the set IP, and then reset it to match your local network again, if possible, as it could interfere with your internet connection.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 36 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > A static ip address