EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > help needed for new item/wepon/armor adding with pubedit
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
help needed for new item/wepon/armor adding with pubedit
Post #16770 help needed for new item/wepon/armor adding with pubedit

Hi,

i made some new armors weapons and armors and i added the armors in gfx0013.egf and gfx0023.egf acordingly but i dont knw wat is "gfx ID" and "ICO"....can someone tell me wat to put in there?
14 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #16777 Re: help needed for new item/wepon/armor adding with pubedit

I don't exactly remember how I got those numbers, but you can compare the others and just do random Maths until you get the formula to find it. I took notes on it, but I can't be assed to search 6 different harddrives.

14 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #16892 Re: help needed for new item/wepon/armor adding with pubedit

If i remember correctly gfx ID Is the number of gfx file like you would put the gfx number that cotains the weapons

About the icon... I dont know about the icon

14 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #16903 Re: help needed for new item/wepon/armor adding with pubedit

Wrong. Its quite simple really.

The icon or ICO is the number that the server reads to get the item for the inventory view. so it shows when you spawn it.

The GFX ID is the number the server uses to get the actual animations of the item. whether it be a weapon, armor, static item. whatever.

You dont need to specify which GFX file it reads. this is done automatically when you choose what type of item it is.

To get the icon/ICO number, you can look at the icon/ICO number of the last item and just +1 on the number.

Or the equation for it is just look at the number of eof and -10 from the number.

I dont have an equation for the GFX ID, but there is still a simple method of finding it.

Look at the last item of the same type. (e.g. if your adding a weapon look at the last weapon, if your adding a hat look at the last hat)

And look at the GFX ID on that, then just +1 it for the new item.

Hope this helped.

14 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #16988 Re: help needed for new item/wepon/armor adding with pubedit

If you cant figure it out, you could do what im doing and replace the worthless items/Npc's that no one cares about. I made a admin Npc of my admin look and i replaced over Mummys with it. Though anyone that doesent have my patch see's the mummys still but on my Patch is a admin walking around in elders and tb. Its funny when u go to mummy cave and see 10 admins walking around. If you do this idea, you wont have to do the GFX or ICO, just the Reshack and then change the item/npc's name in Pub edit. Though i would recommend to do what they said, cause my way your limited to how much u add since theres not THAT many useless item/Npcs.

---
Owner of Endless Online Insanity
Looking for: 2 Artists
Darkrulerjoe
14 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #17045 Re: help needed for new item/wepon/armor adding with pubedit

Ok heres the answer to sp1. Sp1 is the graphics location in the file. When adding new items look at the item befor it and find the sp1 for that item if the sp1 is say 150 then add 1 example 150+1=151. Now you know how to get the sp1 number for your item.

14 years, 33 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > help needed for new item/wepon/armor adding with pubedit