EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Ideas, and help request.
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Ideas, and help request.
Post #16244 Ideas, and help request.

Since the use of Pub files is no longer allowed, where would the coding be in the source (in rev 103, I'm running a heavily modified version of it) to get data from the Pub files? my idea is to somehow run it from an (unfortunately would be very large) .ini file...

Also, since the gfx are also copyrighted... Resource Hacker can save files as .res, I'm working on this, I'd have to make a new client though for that... It'd be a stand alone game based on EO... lol...

Once I've gotten client-server interactions down in a .txt file* I'll be able to code a client and free my server from client side limitations like vehicles e.g horses/carts (planned but would be extremely difficult with the EO client) Major project.. I'm just rambling about plans andideasnow...

Help request is, does anyone know where the data is for both client-server interactions and for getting data from Pub files?

*Every time I start something new I research all of the related pieces and put what I find and what things mean into a .txt file.

EDIT: found (most of the) client-server interactions... client.cpp and eoserv.cpp... duh.. Longhairguy no baka!

14 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #16339 Re: Ideas, and help request.

To make a Client would be very difficult. I don't even think I could do it. You would have to learn WinAPI, Allegro, or OpenGL(whatever graphic library you like using the best). Then you would have to decode all the values sent to the server and have it do something with that. I know it would take me year's, and for sausage probably a few months of working on it(if he ever decides to start EOAlt).

---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #16343 Re: Ideas, and help request.

If I were to do that I'd use DarkGDK in Visual C++ 2008 Express (All FREE) and use WinSock for the networking.

Easy if you are good with maths as Games use it alot.

DarkGDK, I find to be very easy to learn and has its own community if help is needed.

EDIT: You would have to make your own resource files using DarkGDK its self as it cannot convert from Resource Files.

You would have to Make a resource file using DarkGDK commands and then extract them when needed!

Failing this Learn C++ or C and code in Allegro using Resource files. (I'm learning it slowly)

---
I am an alien and not crazy!
14 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #16346 Re: Ideas, and help request.

Why do you keep mentioning these Resource files? I have never used them and don't plan on it.

C++ and C both have a file I/O system to get all the GFX and whatever else you need. No resources needed.

---
14 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #16350 Re: Ideas, and help request.
Addison posted: (16th Aug 2009 07:05 pm)

Why do you keep mentioning these Resource files? I have never used them and don't plan on it.

C++ and C both have a file I/O system to get all the GFX and whatever else you need. No resources needed.

The gfx001.egf - gfx025.egf are all resource files! Just different extention. They are resource files and also why I keep mentioning them as resource files.

I thought you knew that :)

---
14 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #16360 Re: Ideas, and help request.

I don't consider there resource files. They are just a bunch of bitmaps compacted into a library. I haven't seen anyone else say it like that, so I didn't think about that.

---
14 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #16363 Re: Ideas, and help request.
Addison posted: (16th Aug 2009 10:08 pm)

I don't consider there resource files. They are just a bunch of bitmaps compacted into a library. I haven't seen anyone else say it like that, so I didn't think about that.

I'ts ok, I'ts kinda both LOL.
---
14 years, 37 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Ideas, and help request.