EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Some people can't get my client to work
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Some people can't get my client to work
Post #14647 Some people can't get my client to work

When some people try to download my client, for my server, they can open my client, but they see a black screen, it works for the most part for almost all the players on my server, but we have had 3 cases of it happening already where they download it from the site, and once they open it they don't see anything, and its all ran from a folder, and i think its because they move the program that starts it to there desktop, but some of them seem to have not had that problem when they did that, any ideas?

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14653 Re: Some people can't get my client to work

I have actually had one case of this, the graphics on the client sticks at the login screen character select, and that is all the player sees, but the player is actually visible in game. We have no patches, tried reverting to original pub files, nothing... The player could log on to other servers with no problem but not ours. We do not use an altered game client, just the same one all of EO main uses. The player tried clearing the registry files for that account, making a new account, and re-installing EO in a clean folder. Addy suggested it is possible one of the return true statements in Welcome.cpp is not being obeyed by the player's client. I have no clue as to what is causing this, but the cases of it happening is extremely rare. Can only hope Sausage has a solution.  

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14659 Re: Some people can't get my client to work

well, i'll hope so, i lost a few people, who loved to play on my server, (god-eo) or w/e and some of the players happened to be my cousins, so hopefully i can try to have them do some of the things you listed, or just wait until a solution is made, thanks >:D

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14665 Re: Some people can't get my client to work

Like I said, this is an extremely isolated phenomenon. I have had this happen only with one player ever. I even got on team viewer to help. It seems you can log on to the account from other pc's, but oddly whatever is causing it has nothing to do with accounts or characters. We even tried making a new character on the fresh EO install. No solution :(

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14765 Re: Some people can't get my client to work

well thanks apollo, yeh, but since the problem was my cousin, i sorta kinda figured out how to fix it, he came over, to my house and we got it up and working again, we had to uninstall, all of his EO clients and patchs for private servers, and we deleted them then just downloaded my servers client, and after about 3 hours later, and a broken keyboard, we had gotten it to work, it seems that for us, it might have been just a problem with the overall program, well thats what i thought when we finally gotten the client to work, and it showed normal, so i think you just need to remove all the clients, and maybe in that case that you had, maybe he just deleted the folder from teh program list, instead of going to the remove programs but i could be wrong it could just be random, but it seemed to me that the main server client might have had something to do with it, or not....lol i had soo much rushing threw my head when this happened and we got it to work, so i think i would try that if it occured, or it could just be his there computer, you know how vista is, eh well you might xD

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Some people can't get my client to work