EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Need help with adding items
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Need help with adding items
Post #14403 Need help with adding items

I need help with when you add a item to reshacker im not sure what number to put it as.

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14405 Re: Need help with adding items

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3sxfQC0uvA Try this and search more over :)

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14407 Re: Need help with adding items

I know how to replace it im talking bout adding a whole new gfx what to change the number to.

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14437 Re: Need help with adding items

You do realize that if you're adding new items, you're going to have to make a client, don't you? And if you're making a client and releasing it to people, that's a GIANT no-no to the whole copyright thing.(Unless everything in the client is edited by you, and NONE of the work was by Vult or Arvid,/ any of the other EO staff.) You might want to just avoid that completely.

I'm sorry if I'm seeming blunt but you'd be better off trying to make new maps for your server, not new items.

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14453 Re: Need help with adding items

theres no difference between maps and items.. a copyright is a copyright

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14458 Re: Need help with adding items
equip posted: (22nd Jul 2009 07:37 pm)

theres no difference between maps and items.. a copyright is a copyright

A copyright is a copyright, true but. The Server (your server) has to directly host the pub files and the map files. Therefore you can't use those. But anything that is included in the client is free game. I mean, you could use someone else's client. It'll be on their website. But if you made your own pub or map files that just so happened to have the numbers to the graphics to correspond with the client that they release, there's nothing they can do about it. Because you yourself are not hosting the graphics. It's their client.
14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14463 Re: Need help with adding items

Ok i know about the copyright idc i just wana know what to put the number to when you add a new item.

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14464 Re: Need help with adding items

I don't believe anyone knows the direct conversion to make a completely new item. You can look it up here on the forums, or try to find a How-To on it. I think everyone just directly edits over an already existing item. It's not really messed around with too much anymore with the wholecopyright thing going on.

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14468 Re: Need help with adding items

I know evoulton knows and i downloaded a coustom clinet with coustom items added idk whos it was tho.

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Need help with adding items