Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
New Keys
Post #13490 New Keys

I was wondering if it would be possible to add new keys like a gold key or something

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13491 Re: New Keys

There are 4 keys on eo/crystal/aw/golden and 1 more i forgot . O_O ... If you want more make your own client

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13499 Re: New Keys

Thankyou that was very helpfull *sarcasm*

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13521 Re: New Keys

New keys are simple and work this way:

SP1 value 1 represents the chest key only

For all SP1 values 2 and up correspond equally to door values 2 and up.

Example: New Key with SP1 = 5 would only open a door warp with a value of 5.

Not sure to what limit you can do this, but it seems to go on a bit in this sequence.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13540 Re: New Keys

cool thankyou

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13550 Re: New Keys
Apollo posted: (15th Jul 2009 10:43 am)

Not sure to what limit you can do this, but it seems to go on a bit in this sequence.

Wait i don't follow... Can you re-explain =/
Confused me.

Wouldn't you have to do somewith with the map as well?! So it knows the door is unlocked by a key =/
14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13551 Re: New Keys
MAriusboy posted: (15th Jul 2009 09:12 am)

There are 4 keys on eo/crystal/aw/golden and 1 more i forgot . O_O ... If you want more make your own client

There is also a silver key. Although, the only ones that still work are the golden and aw keys. The silver key at one time existed, but I think it was an admin only type item or something, and someone told me once that it opened the locked door in the old port which led to a room with Remi, the dog, and a chest that spawned admin scrolls.
---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13552 Re: New Keys
Syran posted: (15th Jul 2009 04:46 pm)

MAriusboy posted: (15th Jul 2009 09:12 am)

There is also a silver key. Although, the only ones that still work are the golden and aw keys. The silver key at one time existed, but I think it was an admin only type item or something, and someone told me once that it opened the locked door in the old port which led to a room with Remi, thedog,and a chest that spawned admin scrolls.

It was Centaur Village, it was where the inn stands now.

As for keys, it should be possible to add new ones but noone has actually tested it yet I think.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13554 Re: New Keys

Alright, my bad. Then what was the locked door in the port...?

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13555 Re: New Keys
Syran posted: (15th Jul 2009 04:52 pm)

Alright, my bad. Then what was the locked door in the port...?

Before the port was redone that's where a building stood with a jammed door, vult simply forgot to remove it.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13567 Re: New Keys

Yeah, seemed to have something against doors and ports?! Anyway, I assume i was a bit vague earlier with the response to keys and doors. You need to use PubEdit to create a new key with all of the same values in each field except SP1, for this example lets put a 5 in SP1. Name the key something like New Key. After saving, go to Rena's latest version mapeditor and open a map that has a door(for example only). Find the x y coordinates for the door, then open the Warp Editor. Match the door's location to the x and y values for the warp. Once you have found the door you are to edit, lets match the door value to the same as the key created earlier. A regular door contains a value of 1 which means unlocked. Values 2 and up are matched to the SP1 value in the EIF. Change the 1 for the regular door you want to lock to a 5 to match the key. Save this. Reboot your server because you can map mutate but this won't update item files. Test your new key/door combo. Should work just fine.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13572 Re: New Keys

Thanks that was much more clear!

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13614 Re: New Keys
Apollo posted: (15th Jul 2009 10:43 am)

Tryed it this morning and it works Thankyou so much
14 years, 42 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.