EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Param/Range/Count
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Param/Range/Count
Post #13429 Param/Range/Count

In the NPC Part of the Mapeditor, I don't no what those 3 mean. Any help?

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13435 Re: Param/Range/Count

Params idk range is the speed of monster like 1 fast 2 slower etc and count is how many u want to spawn.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13439 Re: Param/Range/Count

Ok Ty, I edit NPCs and I save, open my server nonthings changed, I go back into mapeditor its all back to normal... Like it did'nt even save.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13441 Re: Param/Range/Count

Well you probably didnt go up a revision. Just click the plus then save it again and try.

---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13467 Re: Param/Range/Count

With the NPC editor, make sure you click the "Update/Save" button in the NPC edtior before saving the .emf file.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13478 Re: Param/Range/Count

I am pretty sure params relates to spawn time. Count is, umm... , how many you want to spawn.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13496 Re: Param/Range/Count

Param = Respawn time, 60 = 1min. I've tested this and it works. Range is the amount of squares around the Tile you specified to let an npc spawn. Say you choose x5 y5 and a range of 1, they will all spawn on 5,5. If you change the range to like 4 they will spawn anywhere around the 5,5 expanding to 4 squares. I'm not 100% sure about this but it seems to work in my case. And count is the amount of Npc's to spawn in the specified Tile(s)

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13522 Re: Param/Range/Count

No range is actually speed. 0 is racecar, 7 is stationary. Param does handle spawn time in the form of seconds, and count is the number of same NPC's that spawn at that given location. Walk range I believe is only handled by NPC barriers in the tile specification editor.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13524 Re: Param/Range/Count

i must have pretty fast seconds then, because i had it at 90 ( 1min 30 secs I do believe ) and every 10/20 seconds they spawned.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13525 Re: Param/Range/Count

Range is the speed...Param is the distance and w.e how the other guy was saying it...and idk about count.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #13934 Re: Param/Range/Count

For what I know param is where the NPC should be facing at....
I tested it to my server and it worked 4 is facing south 3 is facing east I dont know about 1, and 2

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #13987 Re: Param/Range/Count

Param will effect the direction of stationary npc's such as the priest, however, for enemy types this refers to the spawn time, not range. Range is defined only by npc barriers. When an npc spawns it will spawn at or near the tile you have set it to spawn. In other words, if you have a map that is 200 x 200, setting the param to 200 will not make it spawn anywhere on the map, but rather it will spawn every 200 seconds. Need more proof? Apozen Overlord has a param of 999. that does not mean Apozen Overlord will spawn within a 999 area, but rather it takes 999 seconds for a respawn (16 mins, 39 secs). As the "Range" category, this is actually the NPC speed, 0 being fastest, and 7 being stationary. Count only defines the number of spawns that will occur at the given location. I have tested all of this to be 100% accurate, this IS NOT a theory, but fact.

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Param/Range/Count