EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Client Message Editing
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
Client Message Editing
Post #12163 Client Message Editing

I was recently playing Fallen Evolution, And during their IP change i tried connecting and got this message

"The Server is probably rebooting try later -ele :P" In Place of "The Game Server could not be found, Please try again at a later time".

I was wondering how this editing was done, and if it could be done for SEOSE, As Ele's Server runs EOServ.

Theres no point if it was done by coding in C++ Or Whatever as seose is a closed source.
but could this have been done by PubEdit possibly or Patching as i've found these data files in my EndlessOnline Directory

Any help people (:

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12166 Re: Client Message Editing

That's not actually in the server. It's the client. I think its a graphics file. -goes to check- I was wrong... The text is stored in a edf file (./data/) for the client. However, the text is encrypted. (Thank Sausage for the answer.) The EDF files will open in Notepad++ (Didn't test anything else). But, you'll need to decrypt it and distribute your own client.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12169 Re: Client Message Editing

I think those can be opened with pubedit v1.3 -goes to check lol-

yup, opens with pubedit v1.3

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12180 Re: Client Message Editing

Yes they do open with both Notepad and PubEdit 1.3, Trying to Edit them has no effect, but scott gave me the answer, Basically saying your going to have to edit them, Patch them in the GFX files using Reshacker and Paint or whatever, Compile a client, and put it for download. Or something along them lines.

Does that sound about right? as Ele wont tell me "Ele: Haha cn't tell you my secret :P"

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12255 Re: Client Message Editing

Thats one of the better reasons i am making a custom client, The other good thing you can do is you know that annoying "Please Wait" when you log in, that is not even required for the client to work, you can simply get a program to bypass that, if you open i think edf 6? you can edit that to say what ever you want, such as advertise your website or tell people some features of your game.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12301 Re: Client Message Editing

I do believe generic text files are downloaded from the EO main server into the client, although this is not supported by EOServ at this time. This was made evident when the Hall of Pain map was added. The NPC dialog for Apozen Overlord and Apozen's Taraduda were new dialogs not previously in the text files. Having said that, it would certainly be within the realm of reasoning to test this theory by changing those texts and logging into EO main to check if the files revert to normal. I am about 99% certain the files will revert to reflect Vult-r's preset texts. Once this is supported, it would certainly open massive windows for customization and get rid of that "do never share your password"...

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12305 Re: Client Message Editing
Apollo posted: (10th Jul 2009 06:16 am)

I do believe generic text files are downloaded from the EO main server into the client, although this is not supported by EOServ at this time. This was made evident when the Hall of Pain map was added. The NPC dialog for Apozen Overlord and Apozen's Taraduda were new dialogs notpreviously in the text files. Having said that, it would certainly be within the realm of reasoning to test this theory by changing those texts and logging into EO main to check if the files revert to normal. I am about 99% certain the files will revert to reflect Vult-r's preset texts.Once this is supported, it would certainly open massive windows for customization and get rid of that "do never share your password"...

if your useing a private server then you can change it, i already changed those to tell people to go download the instant login hack to bypass the loading
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12316 Re: Client Message Editing

But the second they log back into main or test server of endless online, it will update those data files, won't it?

So what apollo is saying, just like the pub files and the map files, there should be a data folder aswell.

And what do you have to edit in the data files to turn on instant login?!

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12318 Re: Client Message Editing

you don't edit something, i just changed it to a link to where you can download it

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12338 Re: Client Message Editing

but how to decode those files?

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12339 Re: Client Message Editing

use pub edit

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #14035 Re: Client Message Editing

I have soe new facts. When I'l replace any line in dat006.edf with "lol4" in client I'l get "ll4o". Whel I'l replace that "lol4" with "ll4o" I'l get "l4ol". I know it's hard to understand, but I'l give you an small info (the same lol4s, but easier to understand):

dat006.edf------------------------>Client

lol4--------------------------------->ll4o

ll4o--------------------------------->l4ol

l4ol--------------------------------->lol4(at least)

And for "See the inventory":

dat006.edf------------------------>Client

See the inventory---------------->Seteivnoyrten h e

Syereo ttnheev ni---------------->See the inventory

Can someone make any "decoder"?

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #14144 Re: Client Message Editing

PubeEdit can decode it and I believe Sausage made a decoder for it but it's in PHP. I can't remember where to find it.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #14155 Re: Client Message Editing

pubedit boesn't decode it well :/ I can see there taxt like that:

Server bezet
Fout in wachtwoord
De server kon de login niet verwerken. Probeer het straks nog een keer.

What's wrong?

EDIT : The problem is only for dat007.edf

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #14157 Re: Client Message Editing

I believe that's not English. :P There are multiple languages.

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Client Message Editing