EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]
Post #11703 Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]

I've been having problems with Rena's map editor.

Just a minute ago, I went to add in a warp and a new tile. Done.
I clicked up the revision number, and restarted my server. I goto the map, and it looks like this:

^--This is Overlord Map Btw--^
          ~.-Map 136-.~

Is this a bug/glitch? Or something I did? :o
Also, I remember accidentally upping the revision before I started editing the map also, could that be the problem? I tried replacing this map with the original one, and it never worked.

Thanks!

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #11706 Re: Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]

That happed to me also. I think it's because i didn't add a "+" to the revision.

EDIT:

Sorry i didn't read the post all of the way. Maybe renas editor is just buggy and does that sometimes.

---
I forgot what I was going to write...
14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #11709 Re: Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]

Yea, thought so. Thanks ^^

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #11740 Re: Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]

Renas map editor isnt fool proof, very rarly it edits the bytes wrong and fucks up the map, just make sure you save a backup regualy

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #11745 Re: Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]

does to me all the time or goes black try closeing eo client then reloging in it works for me

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #11795 Re: Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]

Well you probably dont give a shit, but its because sometimes it doesnt align correctly. See the tiles are all loaded and saved by if's and for each's. It goes threw each one to save and all that. So if even one small byte or thing is wrong it can screw the map up. Its very time-taking and rena just finishing that is a good thing.

---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #12274 Re: Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]

you dont need to change the revision number just leave it at 0 and you will be fine

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12407 Re: Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]

If you dont change the revision number then the client wont know to update the map file. So its kinda pointless to edit the map without changing the revision number.

---
¨°º¤ø„º°¨ Exile Studios ¨°º„ø¤º°¨
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12869 Re: Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]
Deathx posted: (10th Jul 2009 02:22 pm)

If you dont change the revision number then the client wont know to update the map file. So its kinda pointless to edit the map without changing the revision number.

Exactly. The revision should be upped every time you edit the map.
---
Wish upon a star!
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12946 Re: Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]

Look over every tile that you editted. Make sure none of them have more than 3 digits and there's also about 2 tiles that completely f up your whole map and shouldn't be used. 125 I believe.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13702 Re: Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]

That happens when u miss aline 2 items in same spot i do it all the time lol

just have to fix 2 joining locations

14 years, 42 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Map Screwup [Rena's Editor]