EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Server player counts
Page: << 1 >>
Server player counts
Post #204584 Server player counts

What's up with the severs player count adulteration going on lol? why so desperate... 

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204586 Re: Server player counts

What are you talking about? 

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204589 Re: Server player counts

On eoserv website there's a player count on eosource there's another and when I join a server there's another.

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204591 Re: Server player counts

With all due respect, you can't just say things -> not even provide an example -> expect anyone to care.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204594 Re: Server player counts

What example, people could just go look for themselves I didn't want to name anyone but FE had 25 ppl on Eoserv and 5 ingame

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204597 Re: Server player counts
sequeira123 posted: (10th Dec 2018, 05:39 am)

What example, people could just go look for themselves I didn't want to name anyone but FE had 25 ppl on Eoserv and 5 ingame

My understanding is that they've spoofed their player counts before with bots and other things. Someone should probably look into it, but I'd rather not install their game client on my system.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204599 Re: Server player counts

Any bot characters are typically purged from the SLN. I am not sure spoofing is a thing as that is a pretty low number to spoof.

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204600 Re: Server player counts

There was a big controversy over this a few years ago where FE was faking players. Although, to be fair I've seen Insomniac make commands to enable bot characters on the SLN.

On a second note: My revision uses bot characters, but I'm pretty sure that eoserv doesn't send any character with the character->bot bool enabled. I'll have to check it! If it doesn't I can add it!

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204602 Re: Server player counts

External bot clients should be flagged in the config files. Server-generated bots should have a default admin rank of 20 to be flagged properly by the SLN. You should include the rank 20 on any released builds and use the config file only for external bots unless you do not understand how to set the rank internally. I do my best to omit known bots regardless of their flag. If any server was terribly ridden with bot players to fudge the count I would blacklist them on the SLN until the issue was fixed. All current counts appear to be legit.

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204621 Re: Server player counts
Apollo posted: (10th Dec 2018, 07:13 pm)

External bot clients should be flagged in the config files. Server-generated bots should have a default admin rank of 20 to be flagged properly by the SLN. You should include the rank 20 on any released builds and use the config file only for external bots unless you do not understand how to set the rank internally. I do my best to omit known bots regardless of their flag. If any server was terribly ridden with bot players to fudge the count I would blacklist them on the SLN until the issue was fixed. All current counts appear to be legit.

I found this in my players.cpp:

if (character->bot && !from_character)

{

reply.AddChar(ICON_SLN_BOT);

}

I think that's an official add, but I'm not going to download a fresh rev and check so yeah.

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204626 Re: Server player counts

ICON_SLN_BOT is probably given a value of 20. If you create a bot as a character within the server code it appears setting the bot boolean to true should activate the value 20 to go to the SLN. You should be able to verify that rather quickly with a search.

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Server player counts