EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Unexpected Error
Page: << 1 2 >>
Unexpected Error
Post #204468 Unexpected Error

So I started my game I was adding in another npc and somehow I messed with something and now my players have 0hp 0tp 0stamina and that is affecting my mining and fishing and harvesting could use some pointers 

If this is the wrong place to post this please let me know.

5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204469 Re: Unexpected Error

Mining, fishing, and harvesting are not part of EOSERV. We don’t know who wrote those hacks for the version you are using, nor do we know how it modifies various stats in its configuration. If you downloaded a hacked version of EOSERV somewhere you will need to get help from them. We can only help with vanilla builds of EOSERV and how to configure it or add to it.

5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204470 Re: Unexpected Error

i never said that i was just looking for help with my error after i was editing a store now my map #2 is bugged because of something i bought from the store but if u dont WANT to help then by all means dont respond

5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204471 Re: Unexpected Error
Afroman posted: (11th Nov 2018, 11:50 pm)

i never said that i was just looking for help with my error after i was editing a store now my map #2 is bugged because of something i bought from the store but if u dont WANT to help then by all means dont respond

Ignore that, Apollo has a huge grudge against any custom code that’s not “up to scratch” or not done by people more skilled than himself

To answer your question, it sounds like you’ve got a bugged item on your shop that’s messed with your character. Do new characters have this glitch? Or only players who bought from your shop?

If it’s not a pub issue, you may have altered a setting by mistake that affects character classes.

5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204472 Re: Unexpected Error

Okay I've got the 0hp and ect. Fixed but the #2 map is still bugged any map I put as #2 

5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204473 Re: Unexpected Error
callum posted: (12th Nov 2018, 12:38 am)

Afroman posted: (11th Nov 2018, 11:50 pm)

Ignore that, Apollo has a huge grudge against any custom code that’s not “up to scratch” or not done by people more skilled than himself

To answer your question, it sounds like you’ve got a bugged item on your shop that’s messed with your character. Do new characters have this glitch? Or only players who bought from your shop?

If it’s not a pub issue, you may have altered a setting by mistake that affects character classes.

It is not a grudge with custom code, it is fairly simple. If you modified NPC pub data and it screwed up hp/tp/sp then it is probable it is the source build that is broken. As far as me being less capable than someone hacking the shit out of EOSERV 10 years after this project began, you should note I had released something called “vodka” about a year after EOSERV began, and it was a complete EO replica with every EO feature included, the first build to be complete. I am 100% confident I could hack in fishing, mining, and harvesting better, or create a native version of these in the client I am building, or just give you no reason why the entire community should be not be able to answer a question about a hacked revision save the author of said hacked revision. If it was released here, find the release thread and reply to that or dm the person that released it, if it was released elsewhere, you may need to ask them. This is the 2nd time in a week with two seperate threads that refer to a hacked build that we have no clue of where it came from or what it contains, thus it is something the general forum cannot assit with.
5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204474 Re: Unexpected Error

Callum posted the thread the thread is basic rev.535 and i have 1 issue now the #2 map is bugged not simply because the hack but because the shop I had on #2 map was bugged but idk how to or where to post about my problem.

5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204475 Re: Unexpected Error
Afroman posted: (12th Nov 2018, 02:06 am)

Callum posted the thread the thread is basic rev.535 and i have 1 issue now the #2 map is bugged not simply because the hack but because the shop I had on #2 map was bugged but idk how to or where to post about my problem.

Then you should post in his thread as there are several builds with similar hack-ins. Otherwise we have no clue what you are talking about and thus we can’t help you.
5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204476 Re: Unexpected Error

Hey now don't get your panties in a twist, I never said you can't add them features. Only that'd you're really rude towards other releases that you don't think are "up to scratch". I'm fairly certain the issue isn't anything code related. It's more than likely him editing the classes config or an item messing up his client. You can get this error with vanilla builds

5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204477 Re: Unexpected Error
callum posted: (12th Nov 2018, 10:34 am)

Hey now don't get your panties in a twist, I never said you can't add them features. Only that'd you're really rude towards other releases that you don't think are "up to scratch". I'm fairly certain the issue isn't anything code related. It's more than likely him editing the classes config or an item messing up his client. You can get this error with vanilla builds

It is black and white, not a hate crime. He could be using several different builds with those features, not just yours. There is no way of knowing what is going on for anyone else other than the one responsible for the build, not to mention in the sticky rules for this forum it does state to clearly specify non-official builds if you are discussing them.
5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204478 Re: Unexpected Error

I'm only using callums build and callum I pmed u, it isn't the editing class files eaither I haven't touched them

And idk why i just won't help APOLLO instead always bashing me every time I post a post its eaither hate or something bro but u being a admin or watever u should help not be an ass to everyone who is trying to atleast make a eoserver.

I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS ENCOUMTERED THIS PROBLEM

And therefore if it's the pub filess I'll change those and get back too you it could have been the npc I created or duplicated and added him as a shop

5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204479 Re: Unexpected Error
Afroman posted: (12th Nov 2018, 07:23 pm)

I'm only using callums build and callum I pmed u, it isn't the editing class files eaither I haven't touched them

And idk why i just won't help APOLLO instead always bashing me every time I post a post its eaither hate or something bro but u being a admin or watever u should help not be an ass to everyone who is trying to atleast make a eoserver.

I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS ENCOUMTERED THIS PROBLEM

And therefore if it's the pub filess I'll change those and get back too you it could have been the npc I created or duplicated and added him as a shop

I never said anything of the bashing sort. I only said you should get help from where you got the build. I have seen dozens of builds that include many variations of those hack-in features. Pointing you to get help from where you got the build was the correct thing to do, in this case contacting Callum though that was not obvious from your original post. If you think that is bashing, you have been bashed. Have a great day.
5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204481 Re: Unexpected Error

Lol great bash Apollo just try to be a lil nicer bro

I'm sorry for the post was just aggrevated and I do apologize 

5 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #204492 Re: Unexpected Error

Apollo just likes to think hes an important asset to EO history.. lmao get a life already bud

---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
−1 Beyond off-topic --Apollo 5 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #204501 Re: Unexpected Error
Apollo posted: (11th Nov 2018, 08:11 pm)

Mining, fishing, and harvesting are not part of EOSERV. We don’t know who wrote those hacks for the version you are using, nor do we know how it modifies various stats in its configuration. If you downloaded a hacked version of EOSERV somewhere you will need to get help from them. We can only help with vanilla builds of EOSERV and how to configure it or add to it.

EOSERV is open source therefore a derivative work is not considered a hack.

If I was a moderator I'd -1 your post because it reveals a lot of personal thoughts that you seem to be copy pasting in every post that shows hint of this closed source derivative. It honestly makes you look like you need a therapist at this point. Well we care about you, so if you ever need to talk I'm here.

Also, nothing in the license states that it must be kept open source if edited: http://svn.eoserv.net/eoserv/trunk/LICENSE.txt
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
5 years, 21 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Unexpected Error