EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Setlevel in the making of a quest?
Page: << 1 >>
Setlevel in the making of a quest?
Post #204372 Setlevel in the making of a quest?

Hello,

I wanted to know if there is any function of reseting someone's level though a quest?

5 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #204373 Re: Setlevel in the making of a quest?

It depends on what exactly you're trying to do. In order to level a character up *properly* in terms of stats, EXP, etc, it would be best to use the GiveExp action.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
5 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #204374 Re: Setlevel in the making of a quest?

Like the reborn system. So i can make a player level 0 again.

So if a player is level 200 i can change it by this quest to 0 again.  I am working around a prestige system.

5 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #204377 Re: Setlevel in the making of a quest?

I think it'd be a little more complicated that this.. EOSERV calculates stats using the level so when the player resets they'll also lose their stats.. to avoid this you'd need to compile your own revision and add in a custom reborn code.

If you simply want to set the character to 0 then you can use SetLevel(0); && SetExp(0);

However if you want to add a Reborn system you can follow a revision compiling guide and use a pre released code for the reborns. Here's one I released if you want it. Rebirths

5 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #204379 Re: Setlevel in the making of a quest?
callum posted: (23rd Sep 2018, 05:06 pm)

I think it'd be a little more complicated that this.. EOSERV calculates stats using the level so when the player resets they'll also lose their stats.. to avoid this you'd need to compile your own revision and add in a custom reborn code.

If you simply want to set the character to 0 then you can use SetLevel(0); && SetExp(0);

However if you want to add a Reborn system you can follow a revision compiling guide and use a pre released code for the reborns. Here's one I released if you want it. Rebirths

As Callum said here, this isn't a feature you would want to try tacking on with the quest system. If you try to have people rebirth through quests, you could have all kinds of unexpected behavior down the track. After all, there's nothing tracking the number of rebirths a person has in that scenario. 

If someone came to you in a year and said "My stats are all at zero for no reason, the fuck?" and that very well could happen (mistakes do happen, after all), you'd have no idea how many stats they should rightfully have since their level isn't a meaningful indicator when it gets reset to 0 all the time.

This also wouldn't be a good feature to tack on now and then try to do properly in the future, because again, you're not tracking the number of rebirths they already have if you do it with a quest.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
5 years, 31 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Setlevel in the making of a quest?