EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > In EOSERV SRC, where is attack direction?
Page: << 1 >>
In EOSERV SRC, where is attack direction?
Post #204270 In EOSERV SRC, where is attack direction?

Im trying to make it so in mining, the .ini file gives the map ID, X, And Y of the tile required to attack. Rather than map ID, x and Y being something to stand on, it being a tile to attack with a certain weapon for minerals, or fish. I see good fishing and mining tutorials, but I want a different system. I hired a programmer to do this for me, but we need help finding the right code. CAn someone help us out?

5 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #204271 Re: In EOSERV SRC, where is attack direction?
" I hired a programmer to do this for me, but we need help finding the right code."

Why don't you get your "programmer" to look through the source code for it.

You're essentially saying you hired a mechanic to fix your car, but the mechanic has to call his buddy to figure out what to do.

Sorry, i rarely post, but when I do, it's usually because of a retarded question.  Point is you need a different programmer.

Cheers!

5 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #204272 Re: In EOSERV SRC, where is attack direction?
perfect posted: (7th Jul 2018, 11:11 pm)

" I hired a programmer to do this for me, but we need help finding the right code."

Why don't you get your "programmer" to look through the source code for it.

You're essentially saying you hired a mechanic to fix your car, but the mechanic has to call his buddy to figure out what to do.

Sorry, i rarely post, but when I do, it's usually because of a retarded question.  Point is you need a different programmer.

Cheers!

Lol. Well I was actually just talking for my programmer. Being someone who doesnt know much about programming, I assume someone whos coded C++ but never touched EOSERV will have problems adapting to EOSERVS code. Especially because my programmer isn't 100% English. 
5 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #204273 Re: In EOSERV SRC, where is attack direction?

Like I said in pm you’re probably better off adapting previous code, would take minimal effort. Or just use a complete Rev? There’s so many about.

I’m happy to help with any issues, but it’s worth checking old posts first

5 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #204274 Re: In EOSERV SRC, where is attack direction?

Line 605 in character.cpp

Contains this code: 

void Character::Attack(Direction direction)
{
    this->map->Attack(this, direction);
}

which links to map.cpp below

Line 1411 in map.cpp 

void Map::Attack

This function is massive, you can find it at the given line number, it handles attacking and building a server response to send back to the client

---
If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?
5 years, 41 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > In EOSERV SRC, where is attack direction?