EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP
Page: << 1 >>
Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP
Post #204139 Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP

I'm trying to make a eo server without portforwording it, I heard you didn't have to since I'm not putting it up for everone to play please help thanks.

5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204140 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP

Go to config->server.ini

change

## Host (string)

# The IP address the server should listen on

# 0.0.0.0 = all

Host = 0.0.0.0

to

## Host (string)

# The IP address the server should listen on

# 0.0.0.0 = all

Host = 127.0.0.1

And connect to your server using 127.0.0.1 ip address

5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204141 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP

thats what im saying ive never did this be4 i need to know every file i need to download and how to set it up :) thanks inadvance.

5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204142 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP
Afroman posted: (8th May 2018, 10:53 am)

thats what im saying ive never did this be4 i need to know every file i need to download and how to set it up :) thanks inadvance.

Download the original EO files, transfer pub and map to the server/data folder, and if you have the quests put them in the server/data/quests.

The only link I can find for eo tools at the moment is EOSource

---
stay tuned.
5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204143 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP

okay please keep in mind im trying to atm set up a offline eo so only ill be able to get on it until it is done.thx all for the help

and which files do i download from eosource?

5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204144 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP
Afroman posted: (8th May 2018, 12:24 pm)

okay please keep in mind im trying to atm set up a offline eo so only ill be able to get on it until it is done.thx all for the help

and which files do i download from eosource?

Download the Map Editor and Pub Edit/EditPub. I can imagine if you're only starting they're the only ones you'll need. If you want to replace pixels, download ResHacker but that's up to you.
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204145 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP

i donno if yall under stand me im trying to create a server but play it without portforwarding, i understand that u will not be able to host the game but i will be able to log on and play the server i make JUST ME and im still a noob at this if i wanna log on to my OWN server how do i go about creating my own server??? ive downloaded the files yall all have said.

5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204146 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP
Afroman posted: (9th May 2018, 02:39 pm)

i donno if yall under stand me im trying to create a server but play it without portforwarding, i understand that u will not be able to host the game but i will be able to log on and play the server i make JUST ME and im still a noob at this if i wanna log on to my OWN server how do i go about creating my own server??? ive downloaded the files yall all have said.

just do what deaviss said, and open econfig in your endless game folder and change the ip to 127.0.0.1. it will enable you to connect locally without portforwarding and nobody else will be able to log on.
---
stay tuned.
5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204147 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP

ok so i download which eo file ???     eoserv-0.7.0????

5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204148 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP
Afroman posted: (9th May 2018, 03:06 pm)

ok so i download which eo file ???     eoserv-0.7.0????

yes download that, that is the eoserv server files

then download the endless online client from here: http://cache.tehsausage.com/EOzipped028.zip

---
stay tuned.
5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204149 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP

okay i downloaded the eoserv file then the client now what do i do? could u help me step by step :)

and i thank you guys for trying to help me :)

and every time i move pub files and map files it says this

[ERR] Could not load file: ./data/pub/dat001.eif

5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204150 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP

Make a folder that looks something like the one below.

https://imgur.com/a/GizS49g

You're going to be logging in and playing in the folder titled Server. Server is your EO client.
eoserv-0.7.0 is the folder you're going to have in order to run your own game.
Ignore the Mapping folder - That's just how I have it.
This isn't necessary, it just keeps things simple and clean.

Go to eoserv-0.7.0 first, then go to the data folder. Copy and paste the EO Maps(you can download them here) into the Maps folder, then copy and paste the PUB files into the pub folder. If you want quests, find the quests here and paste them in to the quests folder.

After this, go to your Server folder and open the econfig. You're gonna want to change your settings so it looks like it does below.

https://imgur.com/mgUiegD

Save these settings, then return to your eoserv-0.7.0 folder. Run eoserv.
Now return to your Server folder, and run Endless Online. Create an account, and away you go.

Note: The very first account you create will be granted admin (HGM Status) so if you don't want that, then either demote yourself  or create another account that won't have adminship status.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
5 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204151 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP

wWhen i open client it doesnt show nothing black screen i can click where play game button would be but it is still a black screen but ill be able to create a charecter but cant see where or what i type where if u understand me at all lol

5 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #204153 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP
Afroman posted: (10th May 2018, 04:16 pm)

wWhen i open client it doesnt show nothing black screen i can click where play game button would be but it is still a black screen but ill be able to create a charecter but cant see where or what i type where if u understand me at all lol

Perhaps you might be interested in this? - https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/24010?p=1

Can deploy a working server / game in minutes, save you some time, gives you something to mess around with to get to know it all!

---
Host of a blacklisted server...
5 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #204154 Re: Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP

im sorry i got the server up im juss trying to figure out how to ad npcs and other stuff ect. edit stats on stuff without it crashing my server

5 years, 46 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Trying to make myself a EOserver just for me HELP