EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > how to I insert quests into the game?
Page: << 1 >>
how to I insert quests into the game?
Post #204106 how to I insert quests into the game?

I have written my own quests and created my own maps using EOmap2 and added the NPC's I would like to the maps using the NPC spawn tile. 

I just don't understand how to add the quests to the NPC's? and is how I number them important? Thanks. The guides I've seen have been no help. :(

---
I live under a rock.
6 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #204124 Re: how to I insert quests into the game?

Hi there,

you won't likely get much help here it seems (2 weeks no comment haha, you're lucky I stumbled by).

If you need any help send me (John) a PM on my forums and I'll gladly assist if I've time - http://www.eons.host

Regarding your quest -

Your quest should be saved as a file type .eqf and consist of 5 numbers total. the last digits are the Quest ID and the rest is filled in with 0's.

So, let's say I want to make the Quest ID 15, I would create the file like so - 00015.eqf

This can be achieved in notepad by saving the file as "00015.eqf" - including the ""'s

Next, in your quest, actions such as AddNpcText(id, "Argument"); - Require you to assign a Quest ID where it says "id". This should be concurrent throughout your script, this ID will be later assigned to the NPC or NPC's that will link to this script / quest. So any time it's your quest NPC talking to the player, or giving the player a choice etc, this Quest ID should be used.

Next, we load your NPC in the pub editor, and assign its type to Quest, and the ID to your chosen Quest ID - 15 for our example.

Loading the server after saving these edits, will either all work fine and your NPC will now have its script / quest, or else it will produce an error in your server's error log, outlining any issues with your script.

Good luck!

---
Host of a blacklisted server...
6 years, 1 day ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > how to I insert quests into the game?