EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Npc name location
Page: << 1 >>
Npc name location
Post #204044 Npc name location

I added stavas graphics when I spawn the npcs the names go into the middle of the graphic any way to fix this?

6 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #204049 Re: Npc name location

I was actually looking into this at a point when messing with npc limitations, but never got too far with it or found a solution as of yet. I'm also not exactly sure how it's hardcoded in the client. It seems like it's done really oddly though.. I will definitely look into this more soon, but if anyone has any information about how NPC names/positions are worked into the client, I'd love to hear also. Any information could really help. This is one of the only issues left with npc limitations, aside from the 64kb pub limit. (In regards to adding additional npcs.)

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
6 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #204050 Re: Npc name location

Well, for now I would try to find an npc with similar size and putting the gfx over that one.

---
- Starley
6 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #204052 Re: Npc name location
Estrella posted: (16th Feb 2018, 04:51 am)

Well, for now I would try to find an npc with similar size and putting the gfx over that one.

This still limits you to the sprites that are included with the game.  Things like this are why I stepped away from private server development.
6 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #204053 Re: Npc name location
shayne posted: (16th Feb 2018, 04:31 am)

I was actually looking into this at a point when messing with npc limitations, but never got too far with it or found a solution as of yet. I'm also not exactly sure how it's hardcoded in the client. It seems like it's done really oddly though.. I will definitely look into this more soon, but if anyone has any information about how NPC names/positions are worked into the client, I'd love to hear also. Any information could really help. This is one of the only issues left with npc limitations, aside from the 64kb pub limit. (In regards to adding additional npcs.)

Thanks for the info I wasn't sure if I had done something wrong lolz
6 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #204057 Re: Npc name location

NPC names are hard-coded to the individual NPC's height. The way the programming works for that build is to position a bitmap at its lower left coordinate. The default size appears to be that of a crow. This is why adding new NPC's is always off center. Likewise, the NPC name is positioned to the same crow NPC default height. The HP damage bar shares the same position as the name and is also in the default position. There isn't a good way to fix this without hacking in some configurable external file map of where to move things.

6 years, 9 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Npc name location