EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Setclass corruption
Page: << 1 >>
Setclass corruption
Post #204022 Setclass corruption

When I use setclass on players or myself it makes the player unusable. This has just started I just started using the "use class stat table" in the configs. Any ideas?

6 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #204023 Re: Setclass corruption

The most important thing for diagnosing a bug here is what do you mean by "unusable?"

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
6 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #204024 Re: Setclass corruption

You can't login, it crashes when you go to attempt to login

6 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #204025 Re: Setclass corruption

Questions:

1) The client disconnects or the server crashes?

2) Give me an example of exactly how you're using the $setclass command.

3) You mentioned you're using the class stat formulas. Have you looked at the class stat formula configuration file?

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
6 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #204067 Re: Setclass corruption

download wireshark and sniff what packets the server is sending to help determine what sort of faulty data is being sent which causes the crash. sniff a successful login then after setclass has been used on the same character.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
6 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #204069 Re: Setclass corruption
Hacker_Alex posted: (24th Feb 2018, 12:55 am)

download wireshark and sniff what packets the server is sending to help determine what sort of faulty data is being sent which causes the crash. sniff a successful login then after setclass has been used on the same character.

From what he described of the problem to me, this was an internal server problem and wouldn't have been detected through packet sniffing.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
6 years, 9 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Setclass corruption