EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Thoughts on a couple of maps
Page: << 1 >>
Thoughts on a couple of maps
Post #203928 Thoughts on a couple of maps

Got a couple continuation maps from the server I was developing (probably going to get back to after this semester lets out), was looking for thoughts / criticism 

Map 2, sort of a hub area that will link to multiple starter area. Leads to the second map shown \

EDIT: Also, has anyone had any experience in rending out the black end of the map? What I mean is, instead of just having the map end in black, expanding out theme-based wise (such as grass in a forest) and adding invisible walls so it doesn't ever actually show any black tiles? Was wondering about this but never actually tried it out myself on a real scale. 

Barbarian Entrance (Quest to sneak in using area behind the tree)

6 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #203929 Re: Thoughts on a couple of maps

I feel like the building on the first map is out of place. Doesn't fit the style of the map I feel. 

2/4

6 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #203940 Re: Thoughts on a couple of maps

Not that bad of maps but they are a bit blocky in some areas. I kind of agree, at first glance that building seems off in the first map, but it doesn't seem terrible the more you look at it. 

As for your edit, I have tried it personally and found it to be not such a great idea. In theory it would sound like a good idea but then you would have to keep it very consistent when having maps right next to each other. I personally had done a similar approach where all my maps were interconnected tile for tile and that took me quite a while to do when I was pushing out maps that were all 70x70 or bigger. It can be very tough to accomplish, and I think that's why they never did it as much in the original EO, hence why some areas seem like they're right on top of each other.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
6 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #203966 Re: Thoughts on a couple of maps

I think they feel pretty small and quick to walk through.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
6 years, 15 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Thoughts on a couple of maps