EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Skill Masters dont work
Page: << 1 2 >>
Skill Masters dont work
Post #203769 Re: Skill Masters dont work
powtreeman posted: (30th Oct 2017, 02:08 am)

insomniac posted: (29th Oct 2017, 04:30 am)

powtreeman posted: (28th Oct 2017, 09:20 pm)

Drewbob posted: (28th Oct 2017, 08:49 pm)

Not that I am aware of

When I click the exe it just pops up and closes again thats why I use eosource

There is an error.log in the same folder as the .exe, almost everytime an error occurrs in EOSERV it will write it to the .log. Sausage has the error messages written in such a way you can basicly copy and paste the error in your web browser and the net will pop up some results or even better just post the errors here so we can help you get your server set up!

Ok well heres the error

[ERR] Socket_BindFailed: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

That error means you have another instance/program using the same port as the EOSERV you are trying to launch. You can only use the port default(8078) for 1 instance at a time. If you do want to run 2+ servers at a time each has to run on its own port. Port numbers range from 0 to 65535.

To fix this problem you should be able to change the port in in config/server.ini and config_local/server.ini

## Port (number)
# The port the server should listen on
Port = 8078     <--------

Save the .ini files...forward the port add firewall exceptions etc!

6 years, 26 weeks ago
Post #203770 Re: Skill Masters dont work
insomniac posted: (30th Oct 2017, 04:51 am)

Not that I am aware of

There is an error.log in the same folder as the .exe, almost everytime an error occurrs in EOSERV it will write it to the .log. Sausage has the error messages written in such a way you can basicly copy and paste the error in your web browser and the net will pop up some results or even better just post the errors here so we can help you get your server set up!

Ok well heres the error

[ERR] Socket_BindFailed: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

That error means you have another instance/program using the same port as the EOSERV you are trying to launch. You can only use the port default(8078) for 1 instance at a time. If you do want to run 2+ servers at a time each has to run on its own port. Port numbers range from 0 to 65535.

To fix this problem you should be able to change the port in in config/server.ini and config_local/server.ini

## Port (number)

Well I created a character and when I went to login the server crashed and I got this error

[ERR] Client caused an exception and was closed: 69.145.44.205.
[ERR] Runtime Error: Failed to upload file

But what file failed to upload?

Nevermind I got it up and running but nothing seems better.

What are the differences between eoserv and eosource?

6 years, 26 weeks ago
Post #203772 Re: Skill Masters dont work
powtreeman posted: (30th Oct 2017, 07:57 am)

insomniac posted: (30th Oct 2017, 04:51 am)

Not that I am aware of

Ok well heres the error

## Port (number)

Well I created a character and when I went to login the server crashed and I got this error

[ERR] Client caused an exception and was closed: 69.145.44.205.
[ERR] Runtime Error: Failed to upload file

But what file failed to upload?

Nevermind I got it up and running but nothing seems better.

What are the differences between eoserv and eosource?

EOSource is a closed source revision of EOServ. EOSource has things like devils gate, player commands, events, and little nifty features built in to help out server owners who aren't great coders. The only problem with this is you are limited in what you can add to EOSource because you can't go into the source and change/update things. It also may not be compiled with the latest EOServ (r535 at the moment of this post) which could leave some critical bugs.
---
stay tuned.
6 years, 26 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Skill Masters dont work