EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Back at Mapping
Page: << 1 >>
Back at Mapping
Post #203694 Back at Mapping

Back to Mapping again after i quitet a few years ago..

Here are some Examples i've made a few weeks ago.

1. A 60x60 Map with path to town, a little shop, Rat House and a path to a Jail/Prison

2. The little Jail

3. The Town

Hope you like it please rate and comment :)
Critique welcome.

Edit: Added new Map links 

---
We are Born to Die!
-----
EOSERV CLass: Mapping Artist, Server Owner, Quest Author, Attention Whore
6 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #203699 Re: Back at Mapping

That second map is definetely not yours. I made that map. All you did was add gates and the trees to the top right. Please don't lie either because I will include the download link to my old client i made that horrendous map for. It will show the date uploaded which was about a year ago. Why take credit for ugly maps anyway?

6 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #203700 Re: Back at Mapping
Deleted posted: (19th Oct 2017, 03:10 pm)

That second map is definetely not yours. I made that map. All you did was add gates and the trees to the top right. Please don't lie either because I will include the download link to my old client i made that horrendous map for. It will show the date uploaded which was about a year ago. Why take credit for ugly maps anyway?

"Joined 19th, October 2017"
6 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #203701 Re: Back at Mapping

Post it, the last modified date on the maps will be years ago
6 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #203702 Re: Back at Mapping

Definitely not bad for getting back into it, but I would work on adding variants of the different details you're using on your map; especially with the trees. It kind of get's tedious/boring looking at the same repeating item pasted over and over, when there are different variants to use and techniques you can use to mask it.

Other then that, there is a few inconsistency's, but I'm sure you're aware of them and they're not biggest deal; I really like how the paths are consistent in the town map and the attempt to add depth to the maps.

6 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #203703 Re: Back at Mapping

The Town Map is from a Server i worked on when i got back into it..
I don't know if it's your map or not but i completly redone it so it can't be the same.

@Colby
I will edit it the first map a little bit and redo some of the others and will edit the first post.
thanks for constructive criticism

Note: Sorry for my Bad English i'm from Germany. :P

Edit: New Links online

Edit2: w8 it seems that i got the old Maps from Town in my Folder lemme Search the new One and reupload it

---
We are Born to Die!
-----
EOSERV CLass: Mapping Artist, Server Owner, Quest Author, Attention Whore
6 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #203706 Re: Back at Mapping
Holystone posted: (19th Oct 2017, 05:07 pm)

You stupid fuck. Just because it says I just joined doesnt mean I did. Back at fallen. I asked you in discord to edit it but it's not completely redone. My bushes are still there, the houses are still there. Only thing you added were the trees at the top right and the fences. -.- it's an ugly map I made in five minutes so ill let it slide. Are you the same person I asked to edit the data files? @callum. Nah I dont feel the need to go into My mediafire to post a link to something when he already established that he didnt make it. If he lied and said he did, then I would've. He added the trees at the top right and removed some trees I had at the bottom and added the fences so I guess he did make it a tad bit better but it's not completely redone. 
6 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #203707 Re: Back at Mapping
Deleted posted: (20th Oct 2017, 12:47 am)

Holystone posted: (19th Oct 2017, 05:07 pm)

You stupid fuck. Just because it says I just joined doesnt mean I did. Back at fallen. I asked you in discord to edit it but it's not completely redone. My bushes are still there, the houses are still there. Only thing you added were the trees at the top right and the fences. -.- it's an ugly map I made in five minutes so ill let it slide. Are you the same person I asked to edit the data files? @callum. Nah I dont feel the need to go into My mediafire to post a link to something when he already established that he didnt make it. If he lied and said he did, then I would've. He added the trees at the top right and removed some trees I had at the bottom and added the fences so I guess he did make it a tad bit better but it's not completely redone. 

Good lord, you're a mouthful. The maps aren't even that nice, don't get worked up over it.
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
6 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #203734 Re: Back at Mapping

Pretty much going to jump in and say exactly what Callum did. Some areas are object heavy and seem excessively spammed, and other areas have too many things going on. Try to keep in mind that you usually never want to have more than one type of tree in the same map, or have the same exact object within a few tiles of one another. There are many gfx for different objects such as different dirt clumps, blood spatter, flowers are in objects, tiles and overlays. Usually if it looks cluttered from the zoomed out screenshot, it usually will be in game, but not always.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
6 years, 26 weeks ago
Post #203739 Re: Back at Mapping

Holystone's comment should get removed as unconstructive. For the jail map, the left and right corners should have the floor tile removed, making the edges be vertical. This will clean them up.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
6 years, 26 weeks ago
Post #203746 Re: Back at Mapping
Hacker_Alex posted: (26th Oct 2017, 02:15 am)

Holystone's comment should get removed as unconstructive. For the jail map, the left and right corners should have the floor tile removed, making the edges be vertical. This will clean them up.

More than likely what he did was he right clicked the floor tile to make it auto fill. The problem with this is that when you go to edge the map off, the edge tiles do not revert to the default black. I honestly never right click to auto fill the blank tiles because of this exact issue, because more often than not you need those edge placements on the side of the map for aesthetic purposes (IE having walls on a building, a cliff ending, etc.).
---
Former multi-server mapper.
6 years, 26 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Back at Mapping