Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
Mapper wanted
Post #203376 Mapper wanted

I am seeking out a mapper to join my team! 

I currently have a host an I amworking on redoing the class system. Balancing items, NPCs since EOmap doesn't work for me properly I have decided to see if someone would like to joinmy endever of creating a promising private server. 

6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203378 Re: Mapper wanted

Best bet would be to go ask people in private servers. People here wont help you unless your name is 

Moonie

Stava

Apollo

Jimmy 

Andrew bob

Or any well known name. Not being a dick, ijs. People on here are condescending assholes who dont help anyone anymore but are going to be the first people begging to get their hands on a custom client. Only people that still contribute are Apollo, Sausage, Shayne and SoB and Misca.

Good luck though!

---
My skins dying because you're under it-
I’m done lying to myself for this.
For all the wonder in believing man it’s making me weak-
I’ll fade away & classify myself as Obsolete!
6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203379 Re: Mapper wanted
Evildark posted: (25th Jun 2017, 02:30 pm)

Best bet would be to go ask people in private servers. People here wont help you unless your name is 

Moonie

Stava

Apollo

Jimmy 

Andrew bob

Or any well known name. Not being a dick, ijs. People on here are condescending assholes who dont help anyone anymore but are going to be the first people begging to get their hands on a custom client. Only people that still contribute are Apollo, Sausage, Shayne and SoB.

Good luck though!

That is not true at all, there are tonnes of us programmers about that would happily release code, no one askes for shit these days and when they do it's something pointless that's been posted hundreds of times. If you think telling someone to search is being a 'condescending asshole' then you've got a lot of thinking to do shag.

Back on topic.. I've been after a mapper for months! The only people who can map decent these days are either super unreliable or don't want to work FOR someone. I'm sure you can sweep up some nice maps from the releases though.. I plan to scout the forum soon and put all the links in one place! Hopefully that'll help.

6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203380 Re: Mapper wanted

Mapping is very time consuming and can deter free help due to this... if only there was a way to speed the process up... 

On a side note, I will be adding an EOMap feature that should help with that, but I am going to finish NPC movement in my client first. 

6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203381 Re: Mapper wanted

I can help you with some maps, just PM :)

6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203382 Re: Mapper wanted
Apollo posted: (25th Jun 2017, 04:07 pm)

Mapping is very time consuming and can deter free help due to this... if only there was a way to speed the process up... 

On a side note, I will be adding an EOMap feature that should help with that, but I am going to finish NPC movement in my client first. 

I know it's time consuming I would do it all myself I am not a bad mapper myself but....I can't get the fucking mapper to work for me, whenever I go to scroll through avail objects or differnt ground tiles it crashes, either when using a mouse wheel or up down left right, I can only pick a few tiles that are available to my screen which limits my maps. I am unable to remake Aeven, or anything that is more complex then a few buildings. I am talented but not that talented. 
6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203384 Re: Mapper wanted
callum posted: (25th Jun 2017, 03:54 pm)

Moonie

Stava

Apollo

Jimmy 

Andrew bob

Or any well known name. Not being a dick, ijs. People on here are condescending assholes who dont help anyone anymore but are going to be the first people begging to get their hands on a custom client. Only people that still contribute are Apollo, Sausage, Shayne and SoB.

Good luck though!

That is not true at all, there are tonnes of us programmers about that would happily release code, no one askes for shit these days and when they do it's something pointless that's been posted hundreds of times. If you think telling someone to search is being a 'condescending asshole' then you've got a lot of thinking to do shag.

Back on topic.. I've been after a mapper for months! The only people who can map decent these days are either super unreliable or don't want to work FOR someone. I'm sure you can sweep up some nice maps from the releases though.. I plan to scout the forum soon and put all the links in one place! Hopefully that'll help.

Thats not true at all. I've asked tons of people who offer to help to code something for me and they all say that its too big and they were looking for smaller projects. Offered to pay and they still said it was too much. Like i said, people dont help others unless they're known here. Want an example? Look at the responses on this post. :)
---
6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203385 Re: Mapper wanted
Evildark posted: (26th Jun 2017, 02:25 pm)

Moonie

Stava

Apollo

Jimmy 

Andrew bob

Good luck though!

Thats not true at all. I've asked tons of people who offer to help to code something for me and they all say that its too big and they were looking for smaller projects. Offered to pay and they still said it was too much. Like i said, people dont help others unless they're known here. Want an example? Look at the responses on this post. :)

Have you thought that maybe it's your poor additude that is driving folks away? I have asked help from Apollo, Sausage, Callum, and a few others an I have not only got replies but got help from what I needed. 

I am unknown with this name I am using currently. But I got pleanty of help. There isn't very many active people around here anymore. 

Btw I have yet to see you offer ANY assistance besides your poor additude which doesn't make me want to ask you for help. 

How are you contributing to this topic?

Commuity?

Project? 

Not trying to be a dick but come on get the right additude get the right answers.

6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203386 Re: Mapper wanted
Drewbob posted: (26th Jun 2017, 03:43 pm)

Moonie

Stava

Apollo

Jimmy 

Andrew bob

Good luck though!

Have you thought that maybe it's your poor additude that is driving folks away? I have asked help from Apollo, Sausage, Callum, and a few others an I have not only got replies but got help from what I needed. 

I am unknown with this name I am using currently. But I got pleanty of help. There isn't very many active people around here anymore. 

Btw I have yet to see you offer ANY assistance besides your poor additude which doesn't make me want to ask you for help. 

Commuity?

Project? 

Not trying to be a dick but come on get the right additude get the right answers.

Have you took the time to think about my poor ATTITUDE not additude. Maybe I got this because of people not helping? The world may never know and I helped plenty of people by writing quests for them. Ask around eosource =). I see why people may not want to help you. Nobody wants to help someone who doesn't know how to spell. Pleanty? Also, show me proof of people helping you, you lying fuck. Any maps? Any code? You have none. I wouldn't want to help a kiss ass like yourself because I suck at mapping. Kissing ass still won't give you the help that you need unfortunately because you're not a well known name. Anyway, good luck sucking dick and kissing ass for help. =)
---
−1 Do not hijack threads for personal rants. --Apollo 6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203391 Re: Mapper wanted

Moonie

Stava

Apollo

Jimmy 

Andrew bob

Good luck though!

I would of corrected you by saying you forgot me but lately it doesn't even phase me anymore. In the past two years alone, I have tried to start free release threads where I publish a new map every day/week and submit them here for free. Only problem is no one seems to give two shits about them, my last thread being over 100 maps for free and not getting a single download. 

And Apollo is pretty much right. If you want a map done GOOD, it takes a lot of time and design. A lot of the server owners I worked with in the past did not even realize this, they just assumed it was a 30 min - 1 hour job for a 50x50 map. And trust me, my early maps that were like 20x20 took zero effort because when I started I had no skill at it, now a 20x20 can take 30 minutes just to fiddle around with walls/edges to get the map setup perfect. 

Idk, figured I'd put my two cents in on this. I've pretty much given up on trying to release anything here.

Edit: And did a count on my current maps created. Out of all the ones I've created, 473 were released whether on this website or another endless forum out of the 782 I've created in total that I at least still have a copy of.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203392 Re: Mapper wanted
Misca posted: (26th Jun 2017, 10:03 pm)

Moonie

Stava

Apollo

Jimmy 

Andrew bob

Good luck though!

I would of corrected you by saying you forgot me but lately it doesn't even phase me anymore. In the past two years alone, I have tried to start free release threads where I publish a new map every day/week and submit them here for free. Only problem is no one seems to give two shits about them, my last thread being over 100 maps for free and not getting a single download. 

And Apollo is pretty much right. If you want a map done GOOD, it takes a lot of time and design. A lot of the server owners I worked with in the past did not even realize this, they just assumed it was a 30 min - 1 hour job for a 50x50 map. And trust me, my early maps that were like 20x20 took zero effort because when I started I had no skill at it, now a 20x20 can take 30 minutes just to fiddle around with walls/edges to get the map setup perfect. 

Idk, figured I'd put my two cents in on this. I've pretty much given up on trying to release anything here.

Edit: And did a count on my current maps created. Out of all the ones I've created, 473 were released whether on this website or another endless forum out of the 782 I've created in total that I at least still have a copy of.

I actually did forget that you released tons of maps. Sorry about that.
---
6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203393 Re: Mapper wanted
Evildark posted: (26th Jun 2017, 10:05 pm)

Misca posted: (26th Jun 2017, 10:03 pm)

Moonie

Stava

Apollo

Jimmy 

Andrew bob

Good luck though!

I actually did forget that you released tons of maps. Sorry about that.

Like I said, it doesn't even matter. The fact of the matter is, is that the EO community is now grasping at 40-50 total players (Exaggerating I know), and there is so little that can be done before it completely gets exhausted out. I honestly am not sure why I still check the forum everyday, but I still do because I'm hoping at least something creative will still come out of this community. Obviously Apollo and Sausage are still dedicated, but some people like Moonie and Stava who have contributed a lot have given up, myself included.
---
Former multi-server mapper.
6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203394 Re: Mapper wanted
Evildark posted: (26th Jun 2017, 04:51 pm)

Moonie

Stava

Apollo

Jimmy 

Andrew bob

Good luck though!

Commuity?

Project? 

Have you took the time to think about my poor ATTITUDE not additude. Maybe I got this because of people not helping? The world may never know and I helped plenty of people by writing quests for them. Ask around eosource =). I see why people may not want to help you. Nobody wants to help someone who doesn't know how to spell. Pleanty? Also, show me proof of people helping you, you lying fuck. Any maps? Any code? You have none. I wouldn't want to help a kiss ass like yourself because I suck at mapping. Kissing ass still won't give you the help that you need unfortunately because you're not a well known name. Anyway, good luck sucking dick and kissing ass for help. =)

He's right though, I wouldn't help someone who had a shitty attitude like yourself. You might have helped people on eosource but that means fuck all here. (eosource is full of quest writers since they don't require code).

He did indeed pm me and I've offered to help him with some code, probably because he actually asked?. I can't speak for the mapping/questing but the code side of requests is covered very well on here. Andrewbob has made a few topics for code requests and I myself have made a few topics releasing code which are rarely commented on. I'm more than happy to help wherever I can as long as the code isn't pure stupidity or malicious.

6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203395 Re: Mapper wanted
callum posted: (26th Jun 2017, 11:18 pm)

Evildark posted: (26th Jun 2017, 04:51 pm)

Moonie

Stava

Apollo

Jimmy 

Andrew bob

Good luck though!

Commuity?

Project? 

He's right though, I wouldn't help someone who had a shitty attitude like yourself. You might have helped people on eosource but that means fuck all here. (eosource is full of quest writers since they don't require code).

He did indeed pm me and I've offered to help him with some code, probably because he actually asked?. I can't speak for the mapping/questing but the code side of requests is covered very well on here. Andrewbob has made a few topics for code requests and I myself have made a few topics releasing code which are rarely commented on. I'm more than happy to help wherever I can as long as the code isn't pure stupidity or malicious.

Nooooo, eosource is full of people actually getting the help they need, thats why they're on there. This place doesnt mean shit because as I said earlier, no one wants to help anyone. Even when my attitude wasnt bad, i still didnt get help but its not about that. No one wants to do anything unless you're well known. You rather troll and post that dumb shit yall normally post which is why the lounge was closed twice. 

Eoserv was booming when the lounge was still active. Thats why it was closed twice because you people would post some weird, dumb shit instead of helping and they wanted the website to return to its former glory. Thats why theres no activity here anymore because theyre not aloud to post dumb shit and doesnt want to help people. You can continue to argue but ask yourself this. Wheres the comments from people offering to help him besides holystone?.... ill wait.

---
6 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #203398 Re: Mapper wanted

Normally, I'd have been completely willing to assist in mapping or releasing maps for people to use. However, all of my mapping time has been dedicated to working on Chibi Earth Online. Though if you give me some details as to what it is you're looking for on maps, I could probably make a few here and there and let you handle the npcs using Renas map editor (since it would be the only way for you to actually place npcs since EOMap won't work).

Either that or you could set up a Teamviewer or something and I could help figure out what issues you may be having while actually looking at it. Hard to tell exactly what is wrong just from what you've said happens.

6 years, 43 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.