EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Is it possible to add another map effect?
Page: << 1 >>
Is it possible to add another map effect?
Post #203098 Is it possible to add another map effect?
<---- how it feels to make an off topic post on EOSERV.

OnTopic:

Is it possible to make another map effect? Currently we have:
enum MapEffect : char
{
        1 Quake
}

on topic:
7 years, 1 week ago
Post #203099 Re: Is it possible to add another map effect?

I don't think think the client supports anymore I've only ever seen the quake used tbh

7 years, 1 week ago
Post #203100 Re: Is it possible to add another map effect?
callum posted: (14th Apr 2017, 06:59 pm)

I don't think think the client supports anymore I've only ever seen the quake used tbh

I've seen admin effects like make everyone have the love potion effect, etc. globally, but those were custom clients. 
---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 1 week ago
Post #203101 Re: Is it possible to add another map effect?
Misca posted: (14th Apr 2017, 09:40 pm)

callum posted: (14th Apr 2017, 06:59 pm)

I've seen admin effects like make everyone have the love potion effect, etc. globally, but those were custom clients. 

Something like that can be done by sending all characters on a map the Effect packet, wouldn't need a custom client (Seose had this I believe?) as for actual map effects you could use effects to emulate rain/storms/wind but like I said I think the only effect the client knows is quake.

Your best bet would be to ask plasmastar he's super switched on with this stuff

7 years, 1 week ago
Post #203102 Re: Is it possible to add another map effect?

Okay, just add more effects to eoserv, and use whatever hacky way we can to make them work in the client. I've never seen a custom client before for map effects? You can just send effect packets and the sort. Sorry Mr. D I can't read, Microsoft Sam reads things for me. I guess he overlooked that section.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 1 week ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Is it possible to add another map effect?