EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Recruiting two mappers for The Island
Page: << 1 >>
Recruiting two mappers for The Island
Post #203077 Recruiting two mappers for The Island

Hi all,

I've decided to increase the productivity of development by recruiting two mappers / quest writers to join the team (myself).

New island maps of any style are required to expand the content of the game, quests and things to do on these islands are also required as part of this role. This gives the developer a fairly free control over the content they intend to create.

A level 1 light guide account (warp commands) will be given to these team members, with room for advancement dependent on usefulness and diplomatic abilities.

Please post or pm me any interest you may have in taking on this position, also, a demonstration of your work would be preferable, as we will not be including any 'pre-made' maps, rather, we will discuss your ideas and plan to implement them as new creations.

The following factors will be looked at while considering your application:

• Access to your own test server, to test and debug maps and quests prior to submission. - Required.
  • Ability to remain calm and collected, in the face of negative or hostile people. - Required.
  • Ability to write in clear and intelligible English, able to articulate your views etc - Highly desirable.
  • Ability to produce quality work independently without having to be managed, and within reasonable time frames. - Highly desirable.
  • Ability to write interesting quest scripts utilising the daily and roll systems, to go with your map themes. - Highly desirable.
  • A flair or interest in storytelling, able to add some immersion to quests etc - Desirable.

I'm sorry to say, but age does matter here, even the smartest or politest child, has not yet had the experiences needed to create any form of wisdom, for this reason, it would be preferable that the people that join the team are of the age of maturity, I won't put a number on it, but they must have an understanding of foresight, common sense and common decency at a minimal.

Further, this list seems a bit picky perhaps? However, as there are only two foreseeable openings, and these are potentially long terms positions, not only are we looking for the right persons for the job, we are looking for the right persons for the community as well. In other words, we don't want a brilliant mapper, who happens to be a power hungry troll etc, as this could have a far worse impact on the game-play than any potential content they could add to it.

Finally, some knowledge of the game should be obtained prior to applying! No point in joining a project that you do not yet know much about, right? Check out the website if you're interested.

---
Host of a blacklisted server...
7 years, 2 days ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Recruiting two mappers for The Island