EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Looking for talented Mappers
Page: << 1 >>
Looking for talented Mappers
Post #203054 Looking for talented Mappers

I have been recently developing a small project that I think majorly differs from the way other private servers have in the past. If you're looking to utilize your mapping talents / hobbies, and would like to work together with a small development team, send me a PM or post some of your work here, and I'll be glad to share with you some of the stuff we have planned! 

7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203071 Re: Looking for talented Mappers

This smells like a trap.

---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #203072 Re: Looking for talented Mappers
AustinB posted: (31st Mar 2017, 09:56 am)

This smells like a trap.

Well, it's honestly just a little something I thought up one day. I have always had a love for mapping, but until I started making my own server / project I really had no purpose or reason to do it. Just feel that if someone feels the same way, this will give them an opportunity to incorporate their talents or skills :P
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #203073 Re: Looking for talented Mappers

If you're hiring for something "unique" you may want to have some sort of basis for what you're truly looking for. Specifics make all the difference. "Talented" is a rather ambiguous term, honestly. Find a map from somwhere to represent what kind of mapping style or detail attention you're looking for.

---
Something I do instead of sleeping
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #203074 Re: Looking for talented Mappers

if u look u can find tons of free map releases

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/23494

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #203075 Re: Looking for talented Mappers
Moonie posted: (2nd Apr 2017, 07:53 pm)

if u look u can find tons of free map releases

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/23494

Trust me, I have already come across your maps. (Incredible by the way, and thank you for pointing me in that direction) However, what I was trying to do was sort of revive some of the older community members who have lost their reasoning behind it. 

@Panda this sort of applies for your statement as well. 

EDIT: My whole initial goal is to use members of the community to breath life into my project, rather than just trying to force a server with already used techniques and mechanics. It will take time, but I believe that prosperity can be had with a little patience and determination ;) 
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #203076 Re: Looking for talented Mappers

This guy is asking for mappers to map for him and you all are telling him what he should be doing. Map for him or dont respond. 

---
My skins dying because you're under it-
I’m done lying to myself for this.
For all the wonder in believing man it’s making me weak-
I’ll fade away & classify myself as Obsolete!
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #203078 Re: Looking for talented Mappers
Evildark posted: (3rd Apr 2017, 04:24 am)

This guy is asking for mappers to map for him and you all are telling him what he should be doing. Map for him or dont respond. 

Truth be dropped.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #203080 Re: Looking for talented Mappers
Evildark posted: (3rd Apr 2017, 04:24 am)

I can't help but to see the irony in that post.
---
Something I do instead of sleeping
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #203081 Re: Looking for talented Mappers
Holystone posted: (31st Mar 2017, 06:55 pm)

AustinB posted: (31st Mar 2017, 09:56 am)

This smells like a trap.

Well, it's honestly just a little something I thought up one day. I have always had a love for mapping, but until I started making my own server / project I really had no purpose or reason to do it. Just feel that if someone feels the same way, this will give them an opportunity to incorporate their talents or skills :P

I've done my fair share of mapping in the old days, but alas I don't feel comfortable devoting myself to a project seeing as I won't have a lot of time coming up. Having a baby will do that, I'm told.

It might be possible to help out here and there, and offer constructive criticism for your maps though. I'm sure if you search around on the forums you could find some of my maps.
---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
7 years, 3 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Looking for talented Mappers